Thursday, February 14, 2008

Lifestyle Changes

Carey and I have decided to make some lifestyle changes. I say this as it is not a "diet" as in something temporary, but a permanent lifestyle change. We started Monday and we couldn't be more excited about it.

Some of these changes involve implementing a better nutrition program for both us and the kids. We have to be very careful with Will anyway as we have already found that he is prone to allergic reactions. The main focus of this will be on the portion control, as well as eating healthier foods.

As you have probably already have read, we bought a treadmill as a monitary commitment to this change. I have always felt that when making such a drastic change money is a great motivator. It wasnt cheap, but our commitment isn't either. That being said we still needed the treadmill for working out anyway. We have much invested in this change, our health, our future, our happiness, and the list goes on.

We have both started using the treadmill. It's a really good one with an 11 inch tv that keeps your mind off of the workout. It's great to just go jump on it and watch a show knowing that when the program is over you have been on it for an hour. I have had to start slow with my bad knee, but am already up to over 5 miles a day. I want to always do more, however I don't want to push it to hard and risk further injury. Without an ACL or meniscus the doctors have already said that knee replacement is in my very near future. This is another motivation to get some of the weight off that knee.

Carey's goal is to get a few more pounds off so that she can train to be in a marathon. I fully support this goal and know that she can and will do it. There is nothing she can't do when she puts her mind to it. With as much as we will be using this treadmill, I just hope it lasts. Good thing it has a lifetime warranty!

0 Soldier's saluted this post: