Monday, May 12, 2008

But it was fun Daddy!

Recently Taylor thought it would be fun to literally cover her bathroom in toothpaste. She squeezed the tube and then shook it violently as the blue bubble gum flavored ooze slowly covered everything in the bathroom from the floor to the ceiling. The first time I noticed it was on some shorts I had on that evidently had rubbed up against some of it on the wall before I noticed the predicament.

I asked her why she would do something like that and her answer was of course "because it was fun Daddy." What do you say to that? I tried to explain that while I agreed that I'm sure it was fun, just because its fun doens't make it the right thing to do. Not an easy concept to try and explain to a 5 year old.

I thought that all of it had been cleaned up, but as I found out the next day it wasn't. I was brushing my hair and soon realized as the brush wasn't smoothly moving through my locks as it normally does that there had been some in my brush that was on the counter where she created her toothpaste masterpiece. I soon found out that I now had bubble gum flavored blue toothpaste in my hair! NICE!

She thought it was funny so I asked her if she would like some in her hair. She of course said no, so I quickly quipped, "but it would be FUN!" So she said, "but that doesn't make it right Daddy" I guess after all she did get the concept. Let's hope so.

Oh the joy of kids!!!

0 Soldier's saluted this post: