Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hit and Run

Today we went to The Woodlands Mall to seek out some Mommy Day material. As we were leaving the Mall we discovered upon returning to the truck that someone had run into the back of our Ford Expedition and did not leave a note or anything. It was a pretty decent lick too. Previous experience tells us that this bumper cover cost around $2000 dollars to replace.

I got in touch with mall security to find out if they had cameras on the parking area. I was sure they did. The first security person I ran into was a horse mount patrolman. Taylor wouldn't quit trying to talk as well as pet the horse, while Will was just scared out of his mind as he kept putting his hands over his face.

An actual security truck finally pulled up and told me that the video equipment belonged to the mall, and that in order for me to see it (or for them to look at it) I would have to procure a lawyer and get a subpoena for it. I asked them what is the use in having security cameras to protect your consumers if your not going to use them. They had no answer for me other than that is mall policy.

So here we are now with over $2000 dollars worth of damage to the truck. We will have to file with our own insurance company which as you know is sure to make our premiums go up. Wooopeee!

So know that if you go to The Woodlands Mall, anyone that wants to just nail your car while you are parked and then drive off, their identity will be protected.

So what da ya say? Lets go to the mall and play demolishon derby. Yeah, I think that sounds like fun. We wont even have to worry about being caught.

Seriously though, can you tell I'm just a little bit miffed about this deal? This blogging thing is very therapuetic though. I feel better already. Sorry if I got a bit carried away. Hope my mom doens't read this. Sorry Mom:0)

2 Soldier's saluted this post:

NotinKSAnymore said...

I have sadly been the unfortunate recipient of two separate "hit and runs" while parked in parking lots. I understand your being "miffed". I've actually witnessed one also in the Target parking lot also. I wrote down the driver's license plate and left a note on the car that was hit that I had witnessed it. They called me over the loud speaker in Target about 20 minutes later and the "accused" flat out denied it until I told them that I was parked in the car right next to it and saw the whole thing. Too bad there weren't any good Samaritans sitting in the mall parking lot!

Tim said...

My luck isnt that good. The only time I have had a witness on the scene in an accident, I was the one that caused it. The only accident I have been at fault in and there was a VERY addament witness literally pointing the finger at me. Never in ALL the many times I have been hit has there ever been a witness actually see it and come forward. Go figure, I thought I was living good too. Ha