Saturday, October 4, 2008

2-0

Today we won our second soccer game easily. Three different kids scored which made me very happy as I like to see as many kids score as possible. Tyler, Westin, and Taylor scored goals for the Sharks, but all the other kids played exceptionally well also. Whether it was at the goalie position or just helping the team on the field, they all had a really great day and I'm pretty sure that everyone on the team got to kick the ball. It won't be long now before many others score as I have some kids on the team that I have coached in the past that scored while on other teams. So I know it is only a matter of time for them. There are also some kids that are new to me that I know will score soon as well.

I am so proud of all of these kids. The courage that they have displayed already is remarkable for their age. Today I had a player that was in goal take a line drive to the stomach and didn't even blink, another player who took a close range line drive straight to the face and stayed in the game after only shedding a few tears. You get hit in the nose like she did and I don't care who you are your going to cry. She stayed in the game!! I was very impressed.

So as we are only two games into the season, I already see tons of character on this team and look forward to working more with these kids in what has already been a super fun season!

You can see pictures from the game on Taylor's page.

0 Soldier's saluted this post: