Sunday, July 27, 2008

Window Tint

Carey decided last night that she wanted to buy window tint from Home Depot. It is an advanced heat reducing kind that should help keep our house cooler by putting it in the windows that face the sun.

It sounded easy enough and was allot cheaper than solar screens. Wellllllllllll let me just tell you........ IT WAS NOT EASY. We must have looked like the two stooges trying to get it put up while keeping two hyperactive children occupied. That in itself is often a very big challenge, but this tint deal was allot more than I signed on for.

I thought I would get some pretty good help, but Mother in Law was on tv and Carey quickly got involved in that. No biggy though as she was entertaining the kids for me.

Between trying to keep this film from sticking to itself and trimming it to the right size, I'm not quite sure how window tinter's don't have constant anxiety attacks. It was CRAZY. A word to the wise. Don't try this on your own unless you don't mind some tears here and there, because its for sure a tricky thing to master. Maybe as I do more I will get the hang of it. Wish me luck.

2 Soldier's saluted this post:

Blog said...

OMG!! I was actually thinking of adding window tint to a few windows too! But after hearing what you went through, I may just change my mind! :-)

Tim said...

Well even though its not easy to do, its still worth it as it blocks out as much as 80% of the radiant heat that come through your windows. At least thats what it says it does. We got the super advanced heat control kind with the mirror type reflectivity. You can see through it really well.