Friday, June 20, 2008

Our Expedition Has A Sick Sense of Humor

Well, it goes something like this. Funny yet true story.

Today our Ford Expedition's passenger side window went down during a rainy day and then decided that it didn't want to go back up. We got home from a day of shopping, already as tired as we could be, and I proceeded to take apart both the front doors to see if I could figure out how to disengage the motor so I could roll it up manually. This would have allowed us to leave it outside. I tried to do this so that we wouldn't have to clean out our garage which basically has no hope.

The door experiment did not work after about three hours of trying. So we decided at about 11:00pm that we would clean the garage so that we could get it inside due to the window still being down. Carey was not to happy about the prospect of this to say the least, but like a trooper she got right in there and helped me. It was daunting work especially after what had already been a very long day.

So we get the garage done, and after about 6 tries of attempting to get the truck in, we succeeded! Then came the fun part.

After I got the truck into the garage, I started to get ready to figure out how I was going to climb out of it with all of the things that were closely around it and presto! I hit the window buttons (all of them just by habit) and the freaking thing went up! I could not believe after all we had been through the thing just suddenly decides to start working again. I had to laugh. I joked with Carey and told her that it was really working the entire time, and that it was just a cleaver way to con her into helping me clean the garage. She didn't think that was very funny. We ended up leaving the truck outside anyway. All that work for naught.

Our expedition has a sick sense of humor.

1 Soldier's saluted this post:

NotinKSAnymore said...

That's funny! I had a car in college that had the window regulator go out - it was quite expensive to have fixed. I hope the expedition was just playing around with you and it doesn't decide to do it again!