Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Prayer Request! UPDATE!!!

Here is the latest word from Jennifer on her condition:

I shall not be blogging for the next few days. *sob* I just returned from the dentist, for those keeping track, that makes dental visit #4 in under 2 weeks. I have 2 dry sockets and infections. Needless to say I am in a lot of pain and need to rest up to regain some strength and fight off this infection.

Thank you for the thoughts, prayers, words of advise, and encouragement. I have read every one and they have all meant so very much to me.

I plan to spend the next few days in bed on pain medication and antibiotics, with the exception for trips to the dentist's office to have medicated pads changed in my two dry sockets. I will go through computer withdrawal I am certain.


I am asking all of the Prayer Soldier's out there to continue to pray for Jennifer. Thank you so much.

********************************

Our good friend Jennifer at Rundpinne had all four wisdom teeth extracted and 13 others worked on last week. Many of you already know her as many of us follow the same blogs. She is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. She is one who is so appreciative for all she has and treats everyone equally the same no matter who they are.

Since having this dental work done, she has developed dry socket. This is extremely painful as I have first hand experience. For those of you who don't know what it is read the following. If you do then continue past the italic definition.

As with any extraction of a tooth, some pain is to be expected, as the gums surrounding the former location will be damaged to a certain degree. This is especially so in extractions of impacted wisdom teeth, which may not have properly erupted; in these cases, the gums are cut open to allow access to the tooth, then sutured shut.

However, a dry socket typically presents as a sharp and sudden increase in pain commencing 2–5 days following the extraction of a mandibular molar, most commonly the third molar. It can also be accompanied by a foul taste or smell.[1][2]

The pain, which often radiates up and down the head and neck, can be extremely unpleasant for the patient. It will often cause pain in the ears as well. A dry socket is not an infection, and is not directly associated with swelling because it occurs entirely within bone — it is a phenomenon of inflammation within the bony lining of an empty tooth socket.

Wikipedia


Please keep Jennifer in your prayers. I am asking that not only the Fort Thompson prayer soldiers pray for her, but all whom read this post. Please also leave a comment here that you are praying, and if you can leave one on her blog that would be great as well. She is not able to get on the computer to respond, but knowing that many are praying will for sure make her feel better. Let her know that you were sent from The Fort!

God be with you Jenn! We are lifting you up in our prayers now.


Rundpinne Button

12 Soldier's saluted this post:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

ih time I 'm sorry to hear that I will pray of couse no questions asked since my family are all dentists I'M a bit aware of this pain..Sorry to hear that. pleaae send my regards and blessings michelle

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've been in touch with her and she knows that she's been in my prayers since she first scheduled that initial appointment and she will continue to be. She's like a sis to me and I luv her to pieces.

He & Me + 3 said...

Praying for her now. How painful.

mama's smitten said...

So sorry to hear this ! Prayers.

Amy said...

I left a comment on her page after her DH posted. I'll be praying for her for sure. Thanks for posting this...Amy

Jacquie said...

Just prayed for Jennifer. Thanks for giving us the opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Any friend of Tim's is a friend of mine. Praying for you Jenn, going now to your page. Hang in there, hopefully it will be over soon!!

Carebear said...

Will be praying for her. And will add to the prayer request sidebar section on my own blog. BTW, who are the Fort Thompson Prayer Soldiers? Thanks!

Courtney and the Boys said...

You know I'll be praying. Poor girl...I had a lot of work done last summer and was in pain for so long...root canal and all. I sure hope she gets some relief soon!

Court

carrhop said...

Praying here--I had complications with my wisdom tooth extraction and it really is painful. Hope she is feeling better soon~

Blessings~

Claremont First Ward said...

Poor Jennifer. She's in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Praying right this second!