Monday, August 18, 2008

Lesson Learned

Long ago during a sports season I think, we told Taylor that it is ok to fail but not to quit. The "you always miss 100% of the shots you don't take" philosophy. The saying went, Thompson's NEVER quit. So we live by that rule. And nothing has really been said about it since then. It has just kind of been a rule of the house if you will. Since then it has been quite some time.

Fast forward to today. I am playing tag with Taylor since she is bored to tears since she can't go outside due to rain. She hasn't got me yet, but I get tired of running around and tell her that "I quit" as I needed a break from the running around. She promptly responds as follows:

"QUIT!!? But Thompson's NEVER QUIT!"

Lesson learned Taylor, lesson learned.

1 Soldier's saluted this post:

Anonymous said...

Kids remember EVERYTHING you say!! Too funny!! xoxo