Thursday, March 25, 2010

Suggestions?

Now that Taylor's hair is shorter it is allot harder to get into a bun for dance. It was really easy when it was long. The only problem was the weight made it difficult to stay up. Now that it's short I am yet to figure out how to get it up.

So I come to you asking for help. Anyone who is willing please leave your suggestions in the comments section of this post and help a hair doing dad figure this one out. All suggestions are welcome.

She also has a recital coming up and I will need something special for that too.

So what are you waiting for? Help a good ole dad out won't ya?

Also don't forget to visit our Blog Frog Community and join up. Its a great place to find other great blogs while chatting with some really great folks! If you want to know how to get your own Blog Frog Community just ask and I will be happy to help. You can find the link in the right side bar a little further down.

Love and Prayers,


13 Soldier's saluted this post:

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh my word...I wish I could help. I am so bad with doing hair and makeup. Sorry I have nothing to contribute. Glad to see you posting. You have been missed.

Kaleena said...

Howdy Tim!
This might sound like a strange suggestion, but if you are able to get her hair into a ponytail...try wrapping it around bun-like and then use nylon material (think pantyhose!) to wrap over and around the bun, almost like a hairnet. I used to photograph a little girl that was a dancer with shorter hair and that's always how she always had her hair up in a bun:) She used nylon that was almost the same color as her hair and you couldn't even tell it was there! You could also try finding someone that can crochet. They could make her some little wrap-thingies to put over a bun to keep it in place. Hairpins work wonders!
Smiles,
Kaleena from McNabb Land

Tim said...

Thanks Mimi your too sweet as always. I will be posting more too so stay tuned!

Great suggestions Kaleena, thanks for the help!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim! :)

I had shorter hair then her when I was in the Navy. What I used to do was similar to Kaleena said. Although I used an old (clean) sock. Cut the end off and roll it a bit. Then do what Kaleena said. Then just wrap the remaining hair around and add another pony over that hair. That and some hairspray and you are ready to go!

Holly said...

Hi Tim - so glad to be back in touch! I wish I could offer a suggestion to your problem but I have ALL BOYS so I don't have much experience there (except putting my own hair up). I mainly wanted to stop by and say hi and tell you that you rock!

Holly (BlogFrog)

Beth E. said...

Uh, sorry Tim...I can't help. Neither one of my boys ever wore their hair in buns....thank the good Lord! ;-)

Call the hair shop where she got her hair cut. I bet they could give you some tips.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim, sorry I haven't stopped by in so long. How much shorter is her hair? Can it still go up at all...if so, try pulling the front back or do two pig tails in the back.

Wendyburd1 said...

Well okay there is this site I found: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Ballet-Bun

The Hairigami: http://www.hairagami.com/hairagami.html

And if you have a Claire's store at one of your malls, they usually have a BUNCH of tools/products that can make a hair style!

And this product shown HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250599270097&ih=015&category=82591&ssPageName=mem_guide:2&rd=1) I have actually gotten for my sisters in the past, I got mine at CVS or Walgreens, it is really cool. You pull the hair through the opening, then pull it outwards, then start twisting it towards your head and then clips the two pieces together and you have a bun for dummies.

McCrakensx4 said...

Hey Tim...when I was younger and a dancer I had to have my hair up all of the time...try putting it up wet and using gel. The other suggestions were things I have done also! Good luck!

Alicia said...

i agree with McCrakensx4 - wet with gel. you could also try the princess leia technique - make two little pigtails then twist them around themselves to make the bun.

thanks for the comment and thank you for serving our country. i am very appreciative!

April said...

Sorry, Tim...I am of no help on this one. Neither one of my girls have ever worn buns in their hair; nor have I. Yep...I'm completely clueless!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim...I am a little behind on this post....but I grew up dancing...and I would always use a hairnet type thingy....you can get the ones that are hair colored, or use the foot end of pantyhose! it works great!
~Abigail

Holly said...

I'm not sure!! There's some good ideas so far though!