Friday, January 16, 2009

Favorite Things Friday

Ok so another Favorite Things Friday. Go over to Tiffany's and check it out.





1. Chocolate covered cherries - Do I need to say more? The crazy thing about them is that they can become very addictive.

2. Seeing my kids smile - I'm really not all that sure I need to say anything here either. Especially my kids with their big blue eyes, huge dimples (from their mommy) and curly blonde hair. Could it get any better? I mean really. Of course I'm sure I'm biased just a tid bit.

3. Praying with my kids - There is nothing better in this world than listening to a child talk to God. It is moving, inspiring, and one of the most beautiful things you can ever witness. The best part about it is knowing that your kids understand the importance of faith, and talking to Him on a daily basis. Then there is always the humor that comes from listening to all the things that they will thank him for, as well as ask him.

"Dear God, why do I have to go to school when Mommy says that the teacher doesn't know what she is talking about?"

"Dear God, instead of letting people die and having to make new ones, why don't you just keep the ones you got now?"

"Dear God, thank you for the baby brother, but I prayed for a puppy!"

"Dear God, is your last name really Dammit?"

Ok. Just so you know none of these happened in my house. The second and third I got off the internet, and the first and last I made up myself. They were based on experience though and what I could just hear a kid saying in my head. You tell me if you think they are something you could hear a kid saying.

25 Soldier's saluted this post:

April said...

Hi Carey!

What a cute post! You seem to have a wonderful family!

So glad you stopped by my blog! I always love meeting new people! So, please feel free to come back ANYTIME! Hope you have a terrific Friday! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Love your friday favorites. I love praying with my kids too. It is a blessing.

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

you're cracking me up!!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

pretty awesome yourselves . love favorite things just as much as a little something i have worked on today for wednesday's . stay tuned it will be gret and fun i'm been working on it all evening!!

Amie said...

Carey-

Glad to meet you. Thanks for stopping by!

cute post... and even cuter family!

love the blog design!

Blessings!
Amie

Claremont First Ward said...

Ahhhhhhh........I love seeing my children smile too........it's like a ray of sunshine each time, isn't it?

Jaysi said...

Good list! I couldn't agree more. I like the one about the teacher...I can just hear my son saying something like that!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Isn't it great the way life becomes so much more blessed once you have kids?

I have to disagree with you about the choc-covered cherries though (yuck!) For me, it's peanut butter buckeyes...I don't make them anymore just because I know I'd never stop eating them!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I totally agree with all three! :)
I love your blog's theme. Beautifully done!
Thanks for following. I just became your follower, too.
Have a great day!

Tim said...

Angie - My wife is the same way. She cant stand cherries of any kind, but I love em!

Valarie Lea said...

2 & 3 I can agree with, but 1, that must be another quirk I have. :)

Tim said...

Dont worry Val, your not the only person that has said that. Will anyone show some love to the cherries?

Nicole O'Dell said...

I'll throw some love the cherries' way. But, for me, they are way too sweet to be addicting. Just one does the trick! Hmm, maybe I should buy those instead of M&M's--one definitely doesn't cut it with M&M's!

Cute prayers, too!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

A button swap? You bet! :)

Lee said...

Frig, I love chocolate covered cherries.
And when I used to pray to god, I'd ask him questions like that.
I didn't exactly understand the concept of praying.

Tiffany said...

Way to go Tim! Such good stuff!!! My hubby is a huge fan of choco covered Cherries, they are his weakness!

Thanks for playing along again this week. You're #1!!

Tiff

amanda said...

i too LOVE praying with my kids. or hearing them scream out 'thank you jesus' when they found something they lost. what an awesome blessing it is to be given our beautiful children. :0)

Misty said...

great list! thanks for sharing!

Jo said...

Tim,

You always make me laugh! I love to pop by to see what funny things are on your mind!

Jo

TidyMom said...

I used to work in a doctor's office and they pharmacist's wife used to make THE best homemade Amaretto Chocolate covered cherries!! YUM- I SOOO miss those!!! and you're right, they're very addicting!!

~Tidymom

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Thanks so much for the award, Tim. You are too kind. Really meant a lot that you would think of us.

I have got to say that I am with you on those chocolate covered cherries. Too good to pass up! What are all these nay-sayers talking about? They must be eating the "wrong" ones.

I have another question for you today. Do you work, or is that Ms. Carey's department? You are everywhere on the internet. It is amazing! :)

-Francesca

Anonymous said...

Those are absolutely too funny and every one of them could be heard from a child's mouth! Love it!

What I don't love are chocolate covered cherries...separate the two and we'll talk. ;)

Misty Rice said...

Yea I am not a cherry fan at all. Oh wait is that something we dont have in common. Hhhmm????

So when you going to add the new button???

Michelle said...

I like your blog... and your favorite friday things!
Your children are precious!
~Michelle
http://givingtree2009.blogspot.com/

forever folding laundry said...

Great list! But can I substitute chocolate covered almonds for the cherries?? Now THOSE are addictive.