Monday, January 12, 2009

Not Me Monday!




I did NOT sing high school musical songs in the car with a bunch of 5 and 6 year old girls this week.

I did NOT watch my 2 year old son (as he was learning to potty) stand up after just pooping a little bit, continue to drop pellets like a bunny all over the floor as he walked around as if to leave a trail to make sure he knew how to get back. And then after I thought it was all picked up, laugh as I heard my daughter screaming "DON'T TOUCH ME, DON'T TOUCH ME, DON'T TOUCH ME" only to find out that he was trying to hand her a piece that obviously I had missed. My son is SO thoughtful isn't he? He's willing to give of himself completely! Just touching!!! Eww

and...

I did NOT walk away from my daughter like I didn't even know she existed at the grocery store right after she busted rear louder than what I could and sustained it for at least 5 seconds.


Ok... so I apologize to those of you with weak stomachs.


For all reading this please give me a break as it is only my first attempt. I hope I have done it justice. I just figured that you cant go wrong when it comes to things with the kids right? Now go on over to MckMama's and see the rest of the Not Me Monday's.

14 Soldier's saluted this post:

Kimberly said...

Hi Carey! My son is in the room and I just opened your blog. He saw your son's picture and said, "Baby Noah!" Pretty funny after your comment.

Thanks for the great comment. I am relatively new to the manual photography world. I've been taking pictures like that for the last 2 years or so and I love it. Though I still have a lot to learn. So feel free to stop by and tell me all you've been learning any time.

Which camera do you have?

I tell you, the thing I need the most help with is composition. Urg. Any advice there?

Looking foward to keeping up through bloggy world.

Gotta love the "Not Me Mondays!"

He & Me + 3 said...

Those were great! See how much fun that is? This is my favorite meme to do...sure has helped me to look at mishaps in a totally different light. lOl

Elyse said...

No weak stomach here and no apology necessary! Love your NMM and just laughed about the story with your daughter/son! Hilarious!~Elyse~

Unknown said...

You are so funny! I can't leave your page because I like your music so much. It is lovely!

Unknown said...

You are so funny! I can't leave your page because I like your music so much. It is lovely!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Too funny (and good job for your first one)!
Potty training boys...oh, what a joy!?!?!?!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

first one hey ! you sound like a not me pro.

Rachel said...

Man... aren't kids so generous? Too funny with the pellets... though I would have been screaming too!

And man can the little ones do some impressive sounds! :)

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

excellent first attempt!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a powerful first attempt! I'd say you met with success and look forward to more next week. That's hilarious!

Lisa Noel said...

You made me literally LOL!

Kameron said...

A good week to start off with! Thanks for visiting my page. you picked a good day since it was the summary of my boy at 19 months (my favorite subject). :o)

Courtney and the Boys said...

Awesome first Not Me!!! Had me laughing out loud at the phrase "busted rear"...never heard that one before! And as for having a "weak stomach"....please, brother. At least you didn't put visuals with yours like I did on my most recent post! ha! Good work!

Court

Heather said...

hilarious. I just randomly clicked and yours was the one that I got. Too funny. I too, am "potty learning" with my two year old son and can completely relate : ) hang in there