Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Me Monday!

Here is this weeks Not Me Monday. You can go to MckMama's site to see more great Not Me Monday's



It will NOT be me that watches American Idol this week just to make fun of peoples teeth.

Speaking of American Idol. It is also NOT me that believes that watching it will improve your self esteem. Its like going to a county fair!

It was NOT me that gave my son a dose of children's Tylenol only because he got upset that his sister got some when she had a fever last night. It is also NOT me that is weak when it comes to things like this involving my kids.

It was NOT me that hid from my daughter at the store to try and teach her a lesson about walking off when she didn't even care or get scared.

No Not Me.

19 Soldier's saluted this post:

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

I can so NOT relate to hiding from your kiddo in the store to teach them a lesson. It's terrifying when they don't get scared, huh?
Great list!

Nicole O'Dell said...

LOL at the Tylenol! They love that stuff!
Cute list!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

OH FUNNY WITH THE MEDICINE MY KIDS RUN AWAY WHEN IT'S TIME THEY ALL COULD CARE LESS THAT I'M TRYING TO HELP THEM .

He & Me + 3 said...

We too love to watch AI...great show.

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

LOL!! Just like I did not hide in an aisle at home depot today to avoid allowing some acquaintances to run into me without a shower and make-up :)

Elyse said...

Love the tylenol effect :) Hiding from Miss Taylor...adorable!
~Elyse~

Aspiemom said...

I loved your Not Me's! We enjoy watching AI, too. What makes so many of them think they can sing? (Tues. night I watch Biggest Loser, tho.)

forever folding laundry said...

The analogy between American Idol and the fair is perfect! Very true.

Sarah said...

Haha..all things I DID NOT do also...my kids like benedryl~!

Kayla said...

Haha! Too funny!! I love reading these!!

Anonymous said...

You seriously MAKE MY DAY!! And I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who "abuses" tylenol and motrin like that with my kids!!! Ha Ha...anything to shush them up!!! I left you an award on my blog!!!!!

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

you are seriously crackin me up with your Not Me's this week. AI will definitely boost the self esteem. I am a pediactric intensive care RN and also abuse the Tylenol and Benadryl!!

Davisix said...

Hahaha...hysterical! And I have so done the Tylenol thing too...OH, and the hiding to teach a lesson....AND I heart American Idol. :) Ang

Anonymous said...

You hid in the store.....that's genius IF it worked! :)

Lee said...

I stopped watching American Idol.

And I remember, ever since I got lost in the store when I was younger I always tried not to let it happen again.
I was crying and ran up to the front and had them page my mom.
Now I just call her cellphone. "Where the heck are you?!"

Tim said...

I thought it might be important to add that I didnt leave my daughter in the store. I just hid behind racks when she looked my way to try and get her to think she was lost to teach her not to run off while in a public place. I never took my eyes off of her. So please dont call CPS! LOL

Courtney and the Boys said...

Oh.............I SO hide from my son in stores when he does that. I watch him like a hawk and watch to see what he does. It hasn't gotten to the point of him needing to ask for help yet (I obviously pop out before he approaches a stranger), but if he would ever need to, he knows my cell phone number. We say it together every night before bed.

And I love the movie Fireproof. (Just saw that on your sidebar)

Court

amanda said...

my kids are so addicted to tylenol. i have to hide the bottle or they beg for it! i have been known to just put the dropper in their mouth just to give them the taste. but then they're happy. i've tried walking off on the kiddos too..except they don't care. argh.

Kimberly said...

I hear you, we totally watch American Idol just to laugh at the people.