Sunday, May 3, 2009

Taylors Barn Door

A few days back Taylor lost the last of her front two top teeth. It was a little sad as this is just another reminder to us that our little girl is growing up. Here is the video from this momentous occasion.





Taylor,

We are so proud of the courage you show in the face of adversity. This tooth was nothing for you considering all you have been thru. We know you will handle your upcoming surgery the same way. Your mother and I are so proud of the young lady you have become and love you beyond words.

Thank you for the smiles, laughter, caring and love that you show us everyday. We love you so much.

Mom and Dad




26 Soldier's saluted this post:

Beth in NC said...

"See, that wasn't so bad" he said - as she hyperventilates. lol

Poor baby. She is such a cutie! Love that barn door. ;o)

He & Me + 3 said...

She is so cute. I love toothless grins and she has got one now. So adorable. Poor girl could hardly talk she was anticipating the worst. Cute video.

Anonymous said...

Cute video! Although loose teeth really gross me out! Lol!

Diane said...

funny, i just performed an at-home dental procedure last night myself!

i don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but my little daughter is not afraid of things like this, so i'm glad i don't have to deal with thinking i'm hurting her or making her cry!

cuz all i need is more guilt, right?!

taylor was very brave! i always say, "you can't be brave if you're not scared!"

good job girly! you look cute!!

Jenni said...

I love the no front teeth look! And it is a good thing because my youngest has been missing his for about 10 months now!

CUTE!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

my kids ran in to see what was going on..thanks for showing them what to expect when it happens here ;0)

She's a cutey for sure but you already new that ;)

WHat a great sport!

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

I was feeling her pain. What a cutie. That must have been hard for you to do seeing the way she was reacting.

I love how happy she was at the end.

bookieboo said...

ahhhh, what a brave girl!

Rachel said...

Aww - she is just as beautiful with that great missing-teeth grin as she was before. Brave girl!

Beth E. said...

Okay, I'm such a wuss...I sat here CRYING with Taylor! Pitiful...just pitiful! This is why I could never pull our boys' teeth....their dad pulled them all. :/

When my boys lost their baby teeth is was always the toughest time for me. First day of kindergarten? No problem. High school graduation? Piece of cake. But, somewhere in between, they lost those teeth. And THAT'S when it hit me the hardest how quickly they were growing!

Taylor...way to go, sweetie! You did a great job! Mom and Dad? You deserve a little break after that!

Blessings...
Beth
P.S. I hope this info helps...our dentist told us that instead of trying to pull the loose tooth, to push it back. He said there's a tiny ligament that holds the tooth in place and pushing the tooth back helps to release it easier than pulling.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Okay, I am with Beth, I started to cry too. Oh my, that was just too precious. Don't worry, I was laughing by the end. All the things I have to look forward to. She is such a brave beautiful girl.

Lee said...

Awww, so cute!
I remember when I lost my front teeth... both very traumatic and violent experiences.
The first one I had punched right out of my mouth, and the second one I ran into someone's back and it fell out.
My whole gum was black and blue.
So she's lucky that she got to do it that way, without the violence!

Christina said...

That was just too sweet! My oldest son has always acted the exact same way. We actually pulled one of his back ones last night. Thankfully at 10 years old, he finally has the hang of pulling teeth!

I am Harriet said...

Wait till she turns 17, gets a job, buys her own car, gets a boyfriend, goes to prom..oh wait...that's my life...

Hugs.

April said...

I'm crying right now because of your sweet video! Boy, did that hit me right in the ol' heart! I love how tender and encouraging you are with your little daughter...you obviously have a very close bond. She is such a sweetie, Tim, and that smile of hers is adorable! Brittany used to be terrified of losing her teeth, too! Hope the Tooth Fairy was really good to her...she deserves it! I love how Will was trying to get in the limelight, too! :)

Lauren said...

Awwww, so sweet :)

Unknown said...

What great memories you are capturing with the videos! Love this one!

Anonymous said...

AH she made me cry! It's funny how they cry when you pull on the tooth but don't say a word when they do it! LOL! :) What a big girl :)

One More Equals Four said...

I must admit, I HATE teeth and had to stop watching about half way in...I just listened from there on out!

My boys were similar only they never let us pull them at all. They literally just had to fall out. My oldest son's as he brushed his teeth one day and his brother's as he was jumping around playing...we then had to crawl around on the floor for thirty minutes looking for it!

Luckily, you got through this one, now it should be smooth sailing!

momstheword said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
momstheword said...

Oh your children are precious, but my stomach still hurts from the video, lol.

I am remembering when my hubby was out of town and I had to pull a tooth that my youngest was begging me to pull.

Ugh....I thought I'd die. But it came out so easily! I was more afraid than he was....hehehe!

Just reminds me of how I am with the Lord sometimes. I stew and worry and forget that it's a "little" thing to Him and He can be trusted!

Nicole O'Dell said...

How can she be so beautiful even through such an ordeal?

Precious!

Kristen Andrews said...

so cute Tim! BTW I am so glad your wife loves her necklaces, and so sweet that they couldn't wait to give it to her!

Anonymous said...

That's how my daddy used to do it for me and my sister's when we had our tooth hanging on for dear life. You did it very sweetly and lovingly like him.

She's so precious!

-Dee

Carebear said...

Oh, she is a brave girl. No WAY I would've let anyone touch my loose tooth at her age. I'd rather choke on it in my sleep than let anyone even look closely at it! What a trooper! And there is nothing quite as cute as a toothless kiddo, especially yours! BTW, my video is trying to upload, and has been for like 20 minutes. I don't know what the problem is, but I'm trying!

Carebear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.