Saturday, May 2, 2009

Prayer Request - One of Our Own

Michele and Tony Tomecko have been Prayer Soldiers here at Fort Thompson for a while now. While we normally find ourselves praying for others it is on this day that I ask you to pray for one of our own.

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of the birth of Nick and Kenny. Twins born at only 23 weeks gestation. They both weighed in at only 1 lb 7 oz. at 12 inches in length. While Kenny continues his journey, Nick was called home to be with our Lord two days later.

Please keep this family in your prayers on what will no doubt be a difficult day. Their family has touched us in a special way, and I know they will do the same for you. Please visit Michele and family at The Tomecko Echo and tell them you came from The Fort. All comments and prayers you leave them are greatly appreciated.

My Twin Pregnancy from michele tomecko on Vimeo.




Kenny still needs our prayers as he lives with Cerebral Palsy, Autism, lung disease, hearing loss, and eating problems just to name a few.



Again, please visit the Tomecko's and learn more about this amazing family and their story.

Please join us in praying for one of our own.

Love and Prayers,


16 Soldier's saluted this post:

Diane said...

my youngest daughter suffers from many of the the same ailments as little kenny. it's a tough gig. and then for them to lose nick... i'm heading over now to let them know they are in my thoughts and prayers.

Beth in NC said...

Oh my gosh, I can hardly stop crying long enough to comment. I'll head over there now.

God bless them.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Lifting this sweet family in prayer.

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

praying for this sweet family.

Irene said...

I am praying now---all my love to that sweet little boy and his wonderful parents!

Daphine said...

Just couldn't imagine what this precious family is going through. I cried reading and watching the video and I am just at a loss for words.

Heading over to read their blog now.

Unknown said...

Thank you Tim for making us all aware of this family...I will pray for them.

Mimi said...

I'll be praying for them, and hugging my own kids harder today.

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

What a beautiful smile on a beautiful boy. He is in my prayers.

Steph said...

You can count on my prayers! And thank you very much for your kind comment...I appreciate your support :-)

Anonymous said...

Said a prayer.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

I'll be praying for them. Thanks for always being in touch with people who need prayer warriors. It is great that I know you so that I can uplift people that I otherwise would not know need prayer...

PS...DID I WIN THAT CAMERA YET? LOL

He & Me + 3 said...

I will totally pray for them. How very sad.

Tiffany said...

Thanks again Tim for fowarding the request for prayer for another family. What an honor it is to go to our Lord on behalf of others. The Borens will certainly be praying.

Michele said...

I just want to thank you all so very much for all the beautiful comments and prayers for our family. It's been a very tough couple years and with Kenny's birthday and Nicks Angelversary tomorrow, We really needed the prayers. Thank you Tim and everyone so very much...from the bottom of our family's hearts!
Michele Tomecko

Ter said...

wow This made me cry so hard. :(

My little girl was 1 lb. at 26 weeks. Oh I miss her and her daddy.

I am going to go look at their blog and say hello.