Tuesday, May 19, 2009

To Cut of Not to Cut!



Take the poll!

We have been struggling with this decision for a while now. Cutting Will's hair. You can help by answering the poll in the right sidebar and letting us know in the comments what you think!

We know that if we cut it he will look all grown up and his curls will be all but gone. This is just so hard to stomach. We like his little boy look, but also know that he would be allot more comfortable in the Texas heat without it. So we go back and forth back and forth. To cut, or not to cut. That is the question of the day. Will you answer it for us?

This pic is a little outdated and his hair is even a bit longer now. I will post a more recent pic tonight or sometime tomorrow so watch for that and make sure your vote and comments are counted. Tell us what you think and why!

Love and Prayers,


44 Soldier's saluted this post:

Brandi. said...

Aww, it's so cute! I had the same problem with my son's hair... We ended up buzzing it. It made me sad to see his curls go, but I've been telling myself over and over that it's summer, and it will be cooler for him that way...

Nikki B. said...

my boy had curls EXACTLY like that when he was that age. i loved them...and i kept them. regardless of texas heat. he's 5.5 now and his curls are falling out...and i miss them terribly!! TERRIBLY!!

my opinion...there will come a day, when those curls are gone forever. keep them! they're him!! TEXAS SUMMERS ARE HOT...PERIOD!! it doesn't matter what kinda haircut you have!!

i just buzzed jack's for the first time in his life, just the other day!! it makes him look so grown up, and i don't like that one bit. but, he's sporting a killer mohawk right now...so he's happy!!!

Jo said...

That is a tough one but I love his curls so I say keep it for now!

Abby said...

Oh, no question about it...you've got to keep those curls! Will is too cute just the way he is! What does he think about the whole deal? Is he wanting a haircut or is he perfectly happy with the way his hair is now? I do know that it can get terribly hot in the south, so that, of course, is something to consider. I just can't picture him with those adorable curls!

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Nope...don't do it! I will tell you that once you cut it, you will want it all back right away! They look WAY too big without hair and PS...Im a hockey mom so all the flowing growing stuff is awesome...

Keep it!!!!

PS...sorry about NOT vlogging this week...just TOO much going on. I'll be back next week...I mean in 2 days! LOL

Beth E. said...

Comfort or curls....tough decision!

Heatherlyn said...

But he looks just like an angel boy! Seriously, your kids are the cutest kids I've ever seen. Your son could be the baby GAP poster child. I suppose he'll still be one handsome child with the curls gone, but I don't think I could do it!

Lisa said...

I had the same feelings when my (now) 12 year old son had long curly hair and cutting it would make him look like a little man UNTIL one day his sister dressed him like a little girl and she was only 4...we thought she was trying to tell us something. You will know when you are ready, I kept a lock of it I'll tell ya.

Tina said...

What cute curls.....no don't cut it yet. Soon enough he will have to cut it!

Beth in NC said...

I understand your feelings, but I wouldn't have the option here. That baby would already have a buzz cut buddy! Yep, poor kid wouldn't stand a chance. Ha. No curl would survive my good ol' boy husband.

Sandy said...

Maybe just a trim! Those curls are gorgeous!

Amy Lilley Designs said...

awwwwww...my son had the most gorgeous curls..so, I understand your dilemma...however, I vote to cut the curls, but not all the way...just enough to keep him cool over the Summer in Texas...you'll know when it's REALLY time to say good-bye to those blonde locks...he's still a little boy...so sweet...they grow so fast...show us the pics, please..AFTER!!!!

blessings...:)))

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

He's adoreable. How about just a trim. I love the curls. Hugs, Marty

Katrina said...

The curls are absolutely adorable!! I had the hardest time making the decision to cut my son's hair but I promise it will grow back-- and fast-- if you decide to cut it :)

Either way-- he's adorable!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Awe, he is so cute. Just a trim but either way he is so cute!

Diane said...

DO NOT CUT IT!!!!!!!!!!! i voted for just a little trim.

Leslie said...

I'm definitely partial to long hair! And those curls are just too cute. Just a trim...

Always a Southern Girl said...

Love the baby curls!! I don't think I can help you make that decision. I would want to keep them, but yet get it cut.

Ahh, good luck!

Kameron said...

Wuss!! I knew you'd chicken out! Just messing with you. It is a tough decision. I'm with Nikki and keeping the curls. Maybe if it too much just trim it.

Nicole O'Dell said...

I don't think you're ready, Tim. ;)

Seriously though, even a trim makes them look soooo grown up. Let him be a baby just a bit longer...for me???...pleeeeease!!?!??!?

Melissa Miller said...

He is sooooo cute!
I vote not yet....:)

He & Me + 3 said...

I say that is part of his spunky personality, so keep them, just give them a little trim to keep them curly. That is what we do with Model's curly locks. I love her hair.

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Don't take the clippers too it if you are going to do it. A little boys haircut would be cut, no buzz cut. I kind of liked when my little guy got his cut, he still looked like a little guy, with a big boy cut.

Carebear said...

Oh, what a hard decision. We were there last summer with the little Beast. We finally did it and I was devastated at first, but now I kinda like it short. But on Will, I don't know. I just adore those curls so I vote Keep Them! You could always pull them back in a ponytail if it gets too hot, LOL! ;P

Lee said...

Nooo, don't do it!
His hair is so adorable and a beautiful color. You can't cut it!
Don't do it, Tim! Don't do it!!!

That's like when my boyfriend cut off his curls. It devastated me.

FranticMommy said...

Awww..so CUTE! It's tough, but when it comes to heat he will more comfy with a buzz cut. I let our son's hair get long and curly when he was about that age which was great...until he came home from daycare with girl-ponytail clips in hair! (courtesy of the older girls at daycare who thought his hair was "cute" too).

Michele said...

Ohhhh tough call!!!
I would say....ummm...give him another month of curls. Very, very cute..but he will feel better with his hair short for the summer!

Dot O said...

Those curls are sweeeeet!!! I'd go for just a comfort trim this time around to help with the heat issue. That'll also get your feet wet with the whole haircut thing.

So, just a trim for now is my vote, Tim.

Cher said...

Maybe cut it when it starts to get really hot out, then grow it out again for fall/winter. I wish my sons hair was like this but his hair is curly but very thin like straw!

Alicia W. said...

Back away from the curls! He will age like 3 years if you cut them off. Not to mention he is so incredibly cute and it would hurt my heart if those precious curls were gone.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Well, I voted for just a little trim because when I cut all my little guy's hair off at HIS request - around four years old - he asked for a GI JOE buzz - I BAWLED my eyes out with every stroke of the clippers!! He's 14 and I'm still not over it so I need to go now. lol

TidyMom said...

Awwwe, what a tough decision Tim. But can I offer some advice? My oldest dd is a hairdresser and she has suggested to people with young kids, especially for their first hair cut - to tell them they are getting their hair "done" not CUT- little kids FREAK out because when they hear CUT they think it's going to hurt.

I'm not going to vote, because I can't decide what I'd do! LOL

~TidyMom

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

Oh my goodness, he's just so cute. I like it the way it is. Maybe give it a trim to help him out.

I had the same situation with my son. I took him to the hairdresser and she gave him a buzz cut. I let his hair grow back again.

He doesn't even have any curls so I can imagine how much more difficult it is for you.

Tammy said...

I say keep the curls. He is just to cute with them.

I am Harriet said...

NO!

:)

angie {the arthur clan} said...

My boys would tell me to CUT IT OFF! (They hate being hot in the summer.)

As the parent though, that would be a super-tough decision to make. His curls are adorable!

Unknown said...

It's so cute! I have a hard time cutting curls (that's why my 4 year old daughter cut her own curls off, apparently...)

Anonymous said...

Ohmygoodness he's so precious! I can see why it's a hard decision. This is the perfect age for curls. Although he will be adorable no matter what! What did you decide?

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog and have an urgent prayer request on my blog that I would love for you to add to your prayer list.

Would love any guidance you can give me about getting the request out....

Teresa
annah99@aol.com
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

McCrakensx4 said...

Don't do it...don't do it, I say!!! I love his hair and in my experince if you cut it, the curls will never grow back! He is just way too cute to cut those curls!!
That's just my opinion though!! :)

Sherri said...

Oh, don't cut. Those are beautiful curls. He is young enough to wear them well.:)

Jenni said...

I say don't cut!!! I love his hair!

Kristen Andrews said...

so cute, don't cut it just yet love the curls!