Wednesday, September 9, 2009

You Wanted to Know! - 300th Post!

So on this blog post anniversary we have chosen to answer some of your most burning questions about The Fort. We hope you enjoy, and here's to our 300th post!


Brenda @ Praire Tales

Why did you start blogging/vlogging in the first place?

I started blogging as a way to get closer to family by sharing the events in our lives with them online. Same a many others.

What do you love about blogging now that you've done it a while?

I love sharing videos with my kids. Not only because everyone loves our kids, but because these videos will be there forever for them to see when they are older.

Do you like Texas? Why?

We love Texas. There are too many reasons to list here, but a few would be...
1. Family is here.
2. Living in the Houston area there are so many things to do.
3. You can play golf nearly year round since it is always so warm. We dont really have a winter here.


How did you and Carey meet?

OOhhh this one is loaded and you wont even believe it if I told you. I will just give you the link to the story. Just click the pic of Carey and I in the right sidebar for the answer to this one!

If you had one wish for your family, what would it be?

That we all go to Heaven, and live happy healthy lives while we are here.

Do you fear the teenage years? Cuz you should. LOL. Just kidding. But do start praying now.

I do have some anxiety about it no doubt, but also have allot of confidence in Carey and I's parenting that they will make the right decisions.



Angie @ Seven Clown Circus

What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you end up doing what you dreamed of?

I dont remember ever having anything specific that I wanted to be. I can say that having Carey and the kids in my life is way more than anything I could have ever dreamed of.

What did you think of your HS experience?

I loved High School. I played on the golf team after a football injury to my knee, and sang in the choir as well. I also had a contemporary christian rock band.

What's your favorite pasttime?

Spending quality time with my family, and playing golf with my dad.

What's your favorite thing about your wife? Your kids?

Carey.... Seeing her smile and hearing her laugh.

Kids.... Will - The way he tells me he loves me. Taylor - I love to listen to her sing.




Holly @ Caring for Carleigh

What were you like in high school?

Tim
I was not one who ran with the popular crowd. I didnt drink or do anything crazy so I didnt fit in with them. I sang the school song at all the football games. Weighed 150 @ 6-2 so I was really thin.

Carey
I was a smart, jock that was always the designated driver because I didn't drink. Not as outgoing as I am now, so not many dates (didn't help that my best friend was the cheerleading captain and I was saving myself for marriage).



Lee @ Perpetual Burn

What is your favorite thing to do together as a family?

Go out of town to get away and stay in a hotel. We all love doing this!



Sean and Lisa @ Mountain Top Memories

When did you meet Jesus?

When I was 6 years old I accepted Christ as my personal savior and will never forget it. I cried tears of happiness and will never forget the feeling. I learned about Jesus though from a very young age as my dad is a baptist pastor.

Who is your favorite band?

I dont listen to much music anymore, but when I did I had many favorites. REO Speedwagon, Boys to Men, Chicago, Accapella, anything 80's is a winner in my book.

How did you propose to Carey?

At sunset on the beach December 24th 1999. The water was perfectly still for some reason, I mean like glass. These things happen for a reason if you ask me. Just after I got down on my knee and she said yes a small fish jumped out of the water righ in front of us. Gods blessing is how I took it.



Beth @ Outnumbered Three to One

What brand of toilet paper does your family use?

Charmin Ultra Soft - I wont use anything else.

Do you and Carey want more children?

I wouldnt mind having another some day, but Carey swears she is done.

What's your favorite thing to do on the weekends?

Spend time with my family

Where did you and Carey go for your last date?

Dinner and a movie.

Do you have family members living in the same town (or very close)?

Yes. My sister lives about 12 minutes away, and in the Houston area thats REALLY close.

Carey: Is there anything that Tim does that drives you up the wall? (For instance, my hubby puts his dirty clothes on the floor BESIDE the hamper! LOL)

Fantasy Football (he brings another TV into the living room so he can watch as many games at one time as he can)

What are your hobbies?

Working out before everyone gets up and not much time for anything else

Does Tim still take you out for date nights?

Yes. Our church periodically has a date night for parents for free and that is when we have date nights.

Taylor:What is your favorite thing to do with your mommy and daddy?

Go bowling.

What is your favorite song to sing?

Anything High School Musical

Will:What is your favorite toy?

It's a dump truck that my Nana got me!

Do you have a favorite show or movie you like to watch?

Wow Wow Wubbzy






Mimi @ He and Me + 3

I have always wondered what you and do for a living?

I am only a stay at home dad right now, but in the process of starting a photography business. I have a Bachelors degree in Photography but have never used it. Now I have the chance to fullfil this dream.


Erin @ If you give a Mom a Moment

What is your favorite brand of shampoo?

Pantene because its just what Carey buys so I use it.

Do you buy brand name or generic name products?

Mostly brand names but some generic occasionally.



April @ Staight From the Heart

What is your favorite place to take a vacation and why...and is there anywhere you're dying to go?

Hawaii is our favorite so thats an easy one. There really isnt anywhere we are just iching to go, but we are for sure open to suggestions. Thats where you get the best ideas!

If you could be any celebrity for just one day, who would it be and why?

Ohh thats a hard one. I think I will just stick to being me, I kinda like being me famous or not.

Is there anything that you are afraid to try...like skydiving?

No, I'll do about anything at least once. Maybe not cliff diving though.

What is one thing at the top of your "Bucket List"?

Buy my dream home.

OK, Carey...I'm not going to forget about you! What is one thing that hubby of yours does that gets on your ever lovin' last nerve...come on now, be HONEST! Inquiring minds want to know! :)

When the kids would have a dirty diaper, he knew they did, and he would tell them to go see mommy without me knowing they had a dirty diaper.

If you won a million dollars today, what is the first thing you would purchase and why?

Jaguar, because that is my dream car


Is there a song, any song, that makes you get a little misty eyed everytime you hear it? If so, what song is it?

"The Little Girl" by John Michael Montgomery - AWESOME song, brings tears to my eyes every time


Is there a show on TV you absolutely HAVE to watch?

Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice (It use to be Friends before they went off the air)

Have you always lived in Texas? If not, where else have you lived?

Born and bred in Texas, but we lived in Tulsa for about 2 years after we got married for Tim's job.


What is the one thing you love the most about Tim?

His patience.




Thank you all for submitting your questions. If yours didnt make the list, it was only because it had already been asked. If you enoyed this post, let me know and we will try and do it again.

A special thanks to all of our friends of The Fort who visit often and support all we do here. You are appreciated and loved more than you will ever know!

Love and Prayers,

18 Soldier's saluted this post:

Diane said...

i loved this!
happy postaversary!

Heatherlyn said...

I always enjoy question and answer blog posts. So much information on this one. I love that you played golf in high school. I secretly wish my kids would do that. :) And photography is great. We have one friend who is a professional photographer. He is so talented. It's quite an art. I wonder how much photography has changed since you went to college with all the technology. Did you keep up with it? Good luck with starting your own business!

Brooke said...

Congrats on your 300th post! It was very nice to learn so much about you and your family! I can't wait to see your photography work...good luck!

Beth E. said...

I loved this post! What a great way to get to know you all.

Congratulations on 300 posts! I have a loooong way to go before I get to that one. :-)

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Tim
Congratulations on your 300th post. WOW!!
I really enjoyed reading this post and feel I know you all a little more now. Thanks so much.
Lindsay

Sean and Lisa said...

Tim this was Great!! I'm a person who loves details so it was wonderful getting a glimpse into your lives and getting to know you all a bit better.

My brother is a stay at home dad too. Tim it looks like you are doing a FABULOUS job!! Just look at those great kids!

My 2nd son is very into photography and hopes to one day work for National Geographic. Praying abundant blessings and favor over your photography business!!

Thanks for sharing...

Holly said...

I loved learning more about you all!! So fun!

Brandie said...

Fun post Tim. I am coming up on 200 maybe I will steal your idea!!
Brandie

DeWitt Family said...

Great post!
I loved learning about you guys!

That is so cool that you have a passion for photography... I do, too! It's such a great creative outlet and an exciting way to bless others!!

Erin said...

Very fun to get to know you better!

April said...

I LOVED reading all your answers, Tim and Carey! You really have to do this, again, sometime! It's no surprise why I like you guys so much...you're very grounded, you LOVE your family, and you are REAL!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Congratulations on your 300th post! It was fun learning more about you and your family. :)

Robynn's Ravings said...

Congrats Tim on 300 posts. That represents a lot of time and a lot of work! What a great diary you have created for your kids as well as others.

It was fun getting to know more about you and the fam. Many blessings on many more posts! And look how you've grown!

Lee said...

I never fit in in school. I've never drank or done drugs either. So I'm similar to you in that sense!

Unknown said...

Tim and Carey - this was an awesome post!

I loved learning more about you both!

I loved having the children answer a few too!

Great idea!

Can't wait to sit face to face with you all!

Love and prayers!
Jill

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

oh wow!!! That was really interesting. I learned so much about you...

So maybe we should be asking you all our picture questions since you have that degree...I need some major photo help!!!

Hope all is well. I have been absent for a while in the comment world but I am back on the paddy wagon now that the boys are in school!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love posts like this! It' always nice to get to know a fellow blogger better!

Tiffany said...

Fantastic! 300 AND all this good fun stuff about you guys. Too cute! I'm learning that we like allot of the same stuff, Carey. And that our husband's pulled the same dirty trick when the kids were packing full pants. :)

Love you guys!