Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Day No Words Can Explain *UPDATED*



I was just so touched today as I had the privilege of meeting Tiffany of The Boren Life and her husband Jason (Courtney of Courtney and the Boys brother) at the airport at DFW today. Jason is leaving for his second tour of duty in Iraq, and to be here to send him off was VERY special.

I love these families so much. I have blogged with both Tiffany and Courtney since the beginning of this blog. They were two of my first 4 or so followers. I have grown very close to them and their families just as I'm sure many of you have as well.

I will be putting together a feature Vlogemotions post of this occasion. Of course Tiffany and Jason will be the featured bloggers, and I have much from the interviews that I did with them.



You won't want to miss this, as it was VERY emotional for me and you cant imagine how emotional for them. I hope that by seeing this it will help us all to not take for granted the freedoms and liberties that we enjoy daily because of families like Tiffany and Courtney's who make the ultimate sacrifice with their loved one's who go and fight to defend those rights for us.

Please keep all of these men and women in your thoughts and prayers everyday until they return.

Tiff and Jason, Carey and I love you guys so much and cant wait to make the trip back up to Dallas to see Jason off of that plane! Its going to be a HUGE party.



And never forget that these soldiers do what they do because they offer to do so. No one told Jason he had to go, he is doing this for you just like so many others that are going, have already been, or are there now because he wants to. I haven't the words to express my appreciation for people like Jason and his family for the sacrifices they make for us.

I gave Jason a bible today and told him that I hope every time he opens it that he remembers families like mine and so many of yours who always have him and so many others serving with him in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks again to Jason and Tiffany for allowing Carey, I and my kids to share such a special and big day in your lives.

We got to see the emotional reunions of many families as the troops came home early this morning. You wont want to miss this. This video I hope to have up after this Thursdays Vlog-emo Kids week. So watch for it as it will soooo touch your heart!

Here are a few pics for now just as a tease. Remember the video will be my first Vlogemotions featured vlogger and it is a MUST SEE!

A mothers love.



Welcoming home her son a hero!



Now go get your Kleenex. You'll need allot more for the video!


Love and Prayers,


23 Soldier's saluted this post:

Wendyburd1 said...

They sound like wonderful people and all our soldiers are so amazing and brave!

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

OH....I am so doggone jealous. I am a huge Tiffany (and Courtney) fan and am so, so, so grateful for families like theirs and men like Jason. Way to go Tim for seeing him off!!

Unknown said...

That's so awesome that you were able to meet up with them to take part in this special day. I'm sure it was a day of mixed emotions.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't imagine the emotions.

Unknown said...

Oh I can't wait to see it Tim!

They are all in my prayers! I thank God for them daily too!

Love and blessings,
Jill

Courtney and the Boys said...

I'm in tears already thinking about the things you captured on video yesterday. I am beyond proud of my big brother and Tiff and the boys for their sacrifices. Thank you for being there, Tim, to capture these moments for me and my family. And thank you for your dear friendship to us. I can hardly wait to see the video...

In Him,
Courtney

wife.mom.nurse said...

I am so thankful for Jason and his family and all of the sacrifices that they are making for our country.

How awesome that you could be there to send him off and to then express gratitude to those returning home.

My heart is touched by your kind words and prayers as I deal with my health problem...truly touched.

Thank you for your support.

~Julie

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

I cannot wait to see this feature. What an honor for you to be able to share in this event. I think that Soldiers are indeed great heroes who should be recognized.

You doing a great job at this Tim.

Unknown said...

What a great post today! Thank you for reminding us all to pray for these families each day - not just the soldiers. So many moms and dads are left each day to carry on at the home-front while their loved one is away!

Can't wait to see your post on this occasion!

-stephanie- said...

We are so grateful here for what these men and women do to keep us safe.

Looking forward to the featured vlog on them. I can feel the tears coming already.

Beth in NC said...

Oh, I'll cry like a baby! I cried yesterday watching the Old WWII Veterans honored.

God bless these men and women who sacrifice so much!

heidi said...

Goodness, I bet that WAS emotional for everyone involved. I'm glad you were able to be apart of it, Tim.

April said...

My heart breaks everytime I hear stories of soldiers having to go off to war. My prayers will be with all those who had to leave and with those who were left behind...GOD BLESS them all! I'll be looking forward to your video...with plenty of Kleenex on hand!

He & Me + 3 said...

I am sure the emotions were high. I will pray for their family. I am sure your vlog will be hard to watch without tissues.
Cannot wait to see it.

Courtney and the Boys said...

Okay...I'm crying even harder now that you've added pictures. It's so surreal to see you with my big brother and sis-in-law. And to see them with your kids is just too sweet. I can hardly wait, Tim. Thank you for making the trip and for all the hard work you're putting into this for my family to treasure.

You're such a blessing to us. :)

Love,
Court

Jaysi said...

Totally already crying. I am so jealous that you got to meet Tiffany (and Jason)! Someday I would love to meet her in real life. I was blessed to grow up with Courtney. We were little girls in Sunday school together with our cute little dresses. Anyway, what a blessing that you could be there for them. I can't wait for the video!

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

Great photos with a lovely family. The last two were so emotional to me. What feeling in their eyes.

Stacie said...

Great pictures. I don't people realize just what these soldiers do. Great post. Look forward to seeing more :)

Tiffany said...

What a great time we had, Tim! Thanks so much for making the trek up to DFW to spend just a few moments with us. It was a very special day for all those soldiers returning home for their 2 week R&R from the middle east.

I vividly remember when Jack and I met Jason in that exact spot as he came home for his leave back in 2006. Thanks for joining the ranks of the gobs of supporters there this past Saturday to show your appreciation for thier duties.

It was an absolute treat to meet you, Carey and the kiddos in person. Most definitely felt like we've known each other for years. Y'all are pretty special and we're grateful for your friendship.

Jason was completely blown away by the bible and sincerely touched by your words. Thank you.

Looking forward to seeing the video and how it all came together. Not looking forward to seeing what I look like on camera in the middle of the airport tho! Shame on you for making me cry. :D

Talk to you soon.
Tiff

Tim said...

It was so great meeting you and Jason too Tiff. We love you guys so much, and neither Carey or I can wait till Jason gets back so that we can do this again!

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time! They are such great people!

Anonymous said...

This is a great post. I will tell you that it is amazing to have people (even people you don't know) to be at the airport. What an incredible feeling for those leaving and coming home. It doesn't matter who you are there for. Just showing support for our WONDERFUL COUNTRY is enough for them!! Thanks for this post!!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Great to see the pictures... so special. So grateful!