Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Note from Carey


I'm happy to say that my first post is going to be bringing Good News. Tim's surgery went well without any complications. He is in EXTREME pain, but seems to be moving around a lot better as the day goes on. We wanted to thank all of you for the thoughts and prayers. When he feels better, he is going to share the video he took before and after the surgery. I wanted to give you a sneak peek of what Tim looked like before the surgery in his cute little outfit. Thank you again for all your prayers.



Love and Prayers,

Carey

37 Soldier's saluted this post:

McCrakensx4 said...

Glad that all went well and praying for a speedy recovery. Thanks for the post and keep us updated!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update!

I will continue to pray for his quick recovery!

Blessings,
Jill

-stephanie- said...

Thanks for the update. Been keeping him in thought and prayer all day.

Robynn's Ravings said...

You look just darling in the hat and looking good is half the battle after all. You know you hang out with mostly women. You must embrace these truths.

So glad to know all went well. Prayers are answered then! Praying for your uneventful recovery that is less pain than promised!

Amy B said...

Prayed for you today ...I am so glad it went well.
Umm....I have to say you look mighty handsome in your blue dress and matching hat..lol

Diane said...

happy to hear this! tim, blue is SO your color!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Awww....you look so dapper! Glad to hear it all went well and we'll continue our prayers for quick healing and minimal pain. hang in there!!!!!

Nikki B. said...

good to hear that it's done and went well...hoping for a fast recovery!

Unknown said...

Wishing you a fast recovery!

Anonymous said...

Pretty cute!

Get well soon!

Mimi said...

I'm SO glad that you came thru well. I'll be praying for a quick recovery.

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad to hear that he is on the mend. I will pray for a quick recovery. Thanks Carey for the update and cute picture:)

Pam said...

Thanks for the update and funny picture, Carey. So glad that everything went smoothly!

Esther said...

Tim looked so pleased to be in that picture! Glad everything went well--an answer to prayers!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Praying for pain relief and a speedy recovery!


~Julie

Mama SeWELL said...

Glad things went well, hope each day he feels better! Love the hat!

Beth in NC said...

Thank you for the update! Praise God for the good report (though I'm sorry he is hurting).

I think you should take the video camera and let him "be real & raw" (ha). I bet we'd get an emotion out of him now, right?

Bless him Lord!

I am praying for a swift healing.

Beth

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Praying that a quick recovery is in your future!!! :)

Elyse said...

PRAYING for Tim to heal quickly and the pain subside as soon as possible! Hang in there Tim and Carey!
~Elyse

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Continuing to pray...

Lee said...

I'll be praying for his speedy recovery!

Unknown said...

♥Sending love and prayers♥ Praying for a quick and less painful recovery

The Mom Jen said...

Here's to a quick recovery Tim!!

Wendyburd1 said...

Tell him to feel better!! And I hear we can do the same voice!!LOL! Cool!

Tina said...

thats great new. i hope his pain eases off soon.

have a good weekend

Leah said...

Great!! And that outfit is pretty snazzy!

Sherri said...

So glad to hear that things went well. And praying for all that pain to go away:)

Veronica Lee said...

So glad to hear the good news. Praying for the pain to go away!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad it went well!! Tim--you look so cute in your hospital outfit. The look on your face just says it all!!

The Lowells said...

Glad to hear that the surgery went well. We are praying for a speedy recovery! Steve had a umbilical hernia repaired a few months ago and afterwards he was thankful that I was the one in the family who had the babies! Take care!!!!

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

I am truly sorry to hear that you are in so much pain Tim, but am glad that the surgery went well.

I will be praying for your quick recovery.

Nicole O'Dell said...

I'm SOOOO glad it went well but SOOO sorry abotu the pain. I'm praying that it passes really quickly. Prayers for healing.

Can't wait to see the video!

Liz Mays said...

I'm glad it went well and look forward to hearing your account of it, Tim! Rest and heal!

Amy B said...

Tim...
I am working on Philip's story and I am so very honored that you want to share it...I have had a major issue with my email ..my harddrive crashed and then I got my computer back and a setting was off for my viruis protection allowing me to get to my email.
I now can get to my email but not email out...Geek Squad swears it will be fixed this weekend..
So yes I got your emails..and I am excited to get his story to you ..
Thank you so much for always being such a support to our family. It means so much.

Rebecca said...

Glad to hear everything went well, but sorry about the pain. :( God bless you, man!

May I ask, for what did you get surgery?? I browse your blog when I drop cards; I must have missed something about this? I tried looking back but didn't spot anything. Hope you are a-OK and God be with ya!!! (((hugs)))

Tim said...

The surgery was for double inguinal hernia repair. It is a hernia in the groin area. His required repair on both sides as he had torn both sides so bad that they were almost touching. Could have caused major problems.

Love and Prayers,

Carey

A.Marie said...

Ouch and double ouch!! My husband has this type of surgery done, about 10 years ago, and boy oh boy...it was very uncomfortable afterwards for him. Hope everything is "moving on thru" by now, and that he is feeling a little bit better. :)