Saturday, June 27, 2009

Your Gonna Miss This!



No pics today. Just a bunch of things that I'm gonna miss when they are gone.

Will

1. The way he reaches up and takes my hand to walk with him when we go somewhere.

2. The curls he had just before we cut them.

3. The way he crawls up into my lap after taking a nap and lays his head on my shoulder.

4. When he comes up to me and just ask for a hug, and shortly thereafter will want a kiss too.

5. The way he asks for a second piece of candy when I give him one so that he can share with Taylor. *sniff sniff too sweet*

6. The way he ALWAYS ran to hug Taylor when she got home from school.

Taylor

1. I will miss her smile without teeth, because she is just as cute without them as she was with them.

2. The way she always wants to help with Will like helping him get buckled in his car seat.

3. Things that she will never do again like her first day of school, graduating kindergarten, loosing teeth, learning to swim, tying her shoes for the first time, scoring her first soccer goal in a game, etc.

4. Taking her with me to play golf.

5. Singing with her in the car to things like High School Musical. She is soo good!

6. Bedtime stories and nightime prayers.

These are just a few of the things I know I will miss or already do. Go stop by and see Pam for more Your Gonna Miss This Moment.

Love and Prayers,

27 Soldier's saluted this post:

Pam said...

Yeah! He's back!!! :) What a wonderful list!! Such sweet moments, and sweet kids. I think your kids are sweeter than mine. maybe they used to be sweeter, then they got big... hum... well, if they used to act like your kids i sure miss it!! :) have a great week!! And dont forget to link this up!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post Tim.
You know, all through bloggy land I read posts about how parents are irritated and annoyed and frustrated with their kids. I understand it's not all sunshine and rainbows to be a parents, but I read those posts and think 'they are so blessed to have children. They could be like me and not have any kids'. And then I read posts like this one you wrote and it redeems bloggy land and I realize there are people who do appreciate the wonderful task of being a parent.
Yaya

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

(sorry I accidentally posted that twice so I deleted one)

Nicole O'Dell said...

So sweet! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

That was awesome. I will miss alot of those moments with my little ones too. I love the sweet soft hugs and snuggles I get when they first wake up. Precious.

McCrakensx4 said...

Those are some great moments and hopefully some of them will last a bit longer like bedtime stories and prayers! I miss my boys will toothless grins too! Those are my fav school pics!! But I know what you mean about all the firsts...it is hard to rememeber even *sniff* Why do they havta grow up?! Happy Saturday!

April said...

Boy, did you ever touch my heart with this one, Tim! I know I've said it before, just you wait until Taylor and Will get ready to leave the nest (like Brittany). It puts everything in awhole new perspective and all you want to do is hold on tight! It's so hard letting go!

MamaFlo said...

Make sure these sentiments are in each of your child's memory books. If you don't have one, start one. These memory books aren't for the kids (not now at least) but more for me and the kids get them when I'm gone. The memories don't stop when they leave home or get married, who they are and the man and woman they have become continue to amaze and delight me. When the time comes and I have left this life for the one I'm working on, they will see that I never missed a beat, that they were my favorite people small or large.

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

This is beautiful. Time does go by so fast. I try to enjoy each moment with my sons now before they are all grown up.

Melissa Miller said...

What a heartfelt post! :)

Debbie Petras said...

You really are a sensitive dad; I like that. You are so wise to remember these special moments as they go by so quickly. Beth of I'm Heading Towards my Destiny posted about how she got a book made of her blog. That would be something perfect for you to give your children when they are older.

Kameron said...

That is why I love having my blog to chronicle all of the new stuff Natey does. I know I will be able to look back and remember them like they were yesterday!

Cascia Talbert said...

Those sound like wonderful moments! There are several things about my kids that I am going to miss as well as they get older. I am going to try to document as many of these moments as possible.

Have a wonderful weekend!

B said...

Great moments to miss and well said.

Love it that you pick up the small things..they do mean the most.

Lee said...

So sweet... he gets a second piece of candy just for his sister? That's so precious!!

Holly said...

I like this meme. I think the "You're going to miss this" factor is why I blog too. :)

Heatherlyn said...

It is really great. I remember this every day. It goes by way too quickly.

Unknown said...

What a neat post! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Our children are our memories both good an not so good sometimes. I wish there were videos and blogs when my kids were young...it would have been such a great way to journal not only my life but their's also:)

Liz Mays said...

Aren't you glad you're documenting all those special moments? Now you'll never, ever forget! And neither will the kids.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Your children are adorable.

wife.mom.nurse said...

So sweet.

What a blessing it will be for your kids to read you blog when they grow up and know what an awesome daddy they have always had!

Amy said...

This is a great list. I love the idea.
Have a day filled with praise.
Amy

Beth in NC said...

Such a great list Tim.

How are you feeling? All better I hope!

LisaShaw said...

Glad you are back Tim and I hope you are well in Jesus Name!!!

Beautiful list...

Grace said...

The speed at which they grow up is all the more reason for us to always cherish every single moment. I'm not much of a camera person but I wish I had a camera every time my kid had a particularly nice moment