Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Their Cutting Me Open Yikes!

Many of you have asked me about how my surgery went. I have to apologize as I have been very busy and have not had the chance to blog that I didn't have it yet.

During a recent trip to Corpus to visit family, I got extremely sick. Due to my illness I was not able to have the surgery the week it was planned. It was rescheduled for this Thursday at 9:15AM CST.

I am not sick this time, however I do have a very bad sunburn. They have informed me that this should be ok so we are still go for launch. I am getting a little more nervous about it each and every day as it is only a day away now. Please keep me in your prayers for my peace of mind that the doctors will do everything the right way. You know without leaving bloody sponges and operating equipment inside my body for me to impale myself on. See I told you I was nervous. Also pray that I will have a speedy recovery and minimal pain. Ya right! Minimal pain! I cant believe I just typed that. They already told me it would hurt for over a week, and to think that I turned down that pump the doctor said I should let them hook up inside the incisions so that I could pump lidacaine in it when it hurts. HA! I sounded tough saying I could handle it I know, but that doesn't mean that I cant be worried about it right? I mean really who likes pain?

Also for those of you who don't know, I'm having double inguinal hernia repair.

Thank you in advance for your prayers.


Love and Prayers,


28 Soldier's saluted this post:

Elyse said...

I would go for the pump of lidocane since they offered. OUCH on the sunburn and the hernias! Not fun at all..
*HUGS and Prayers*
~Elyse

Unknown said...

Praying!

Jo said...

We will be praying for you my friend!!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I will be praying for you.

wife.mom.nurse said...

So sorry to hear that you will be going through this on Thursday.

Praying...

Oh, the sunburn! Yeoch...that's the worst.

I will pray for minimal pain, correct instruments and sponge counts and just an overall smooth experience!

~Julie

Kameron said...

I'll be praying for you! Are you going to prerecord your vlog for the week?? See me looking out for you! If so, don't watch my video because I am going to post the one of the boy and I don't want you to bust a stitch laughing!

McCrakensx4 said...

Praying for you. Operations are no fun...had a major one last october which left me on medical leave for 7 weeks! Hoping and praying that all goes well on Thursday.

Unknown said...

Praying for you Tim!

Blessings,
Jill

Jenni said...

Prayers on the way, Tim!

Melissa Miller said...

Good Luck Tim!
Prayers are coming your way. :)

Courtney and the Boys said...

You know we'll be praying!!!

Rachel said...

Aww my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I changed the name of my blog and accidently deleted my followers grrr! Can you come back over and follow me again? Thanks darlin!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I will be praying for you for sure. Hang in there.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

You know that I am praying...BIG TIME!

Erin said...

Surgery is certainly a frightening thing to look at when it is ahead of you. We will be praying for you and I'm sure you will be happy when it is behind you!

Dot O said...

Tim, I will be keeping you in my prayers. My neighbor had this done a few years ago and he was down and out for just a short while - just make sure you do all the doc's says - to the letter, okay!

I will pray for God to guide your surgeon's hands. Take care.

Anonymous said...

(((Hugs)))

Pam said...

Praying for the Docs to have all the right moves and make all the right cuts and that you have the least amount of prolonged pain possible!

Pam

-stephanie- said...

Ouch, sounds painful, but God be with you. I'll be praying.

Lee said...

I'll be praying for you, and good luck! I'm sure it'll all go fine!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you. I know the sunburn route...go down it at least once a month in the summer.

TidyMom said...

oh no fun Tim! I'll be praying for a speedy recovery!!

~TidyMom

Anonymous said...

You'll do fine! I will keep you in my prayers. As I do every night of my bloggy friends :) Just make sure you REST! I know how you guys are... :)

Kick his butt Carey make sure he stays in bed! LOL :)

carrhop said...

Praying for you here!

Blessings!

Beth E. said...

I'm praying, Tim! You should rethink the pain pump, though. It might help your recovery to be much easier and quicker.

I think you should vlog the entire surgery for your blog buddies. You could get one of the nurses to do it for you. Inquiring minds want to know. Haha...just kidding! ;-)

Take care, behave yourself, and do what the doctor says.

Blessings,
Beth

Lori said...

saying a prayer for you.

LisaShaw said...

Praying for you...

Tiffany said...

Hey bro,
It was so wonderful to hug that little angel and congratulate her in person!! Good job Miss Taylor!

We're praying for you and will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Let us know what/if we can do anything more.

Many blessings