Friday, June 19, 2009

Status on my Surgery

Ok. Simply put. It hurts like h e double hockey sticks! I apologize in advance for typos and such, but my brain cannot function properly on all these meds. I will stop mid sentence and totally forget what i am saying.

I am on Morphine and Vicodin both of which I get every four hours. Worst thing is that they dont even stop the pain, they only take the edge off a little. The night of the surgery I stopped taking these meds thinking that I could handle it. I probably could have except for the fact that the hospital meds were wearing off at the same time. This caused MASSIVE pain, but even worse it caused my lungs to not get enough oxygen and that resulted in a fever of 103.

I am since back on them and the fever has gone away. I cannot sleep at all, the pain is just too bad. The crazy thing is that the meds do nothing bu make me want to sleep, but the pain doesnt allow it. Pretty frustrating. Then there is the fact that the pain meds also constipate me and i havent pooped since the day before the surgery. Wednesday! I also cannot pee as EVERYTHING down south is swelled up and there is NO feeling there. My mom will freak out when she sees that I have put these kind of details here. Sorry Mother. :(

Anyway, I have been able to expell a little urine through the trickle method which HURTS like crazy I might add. However nothing yet for number 2 and that is with taking some of this Milk of Magnisia. Fair warning, that stuff is NASTY!!!

So I wanted to keep you posted on how all is going. Other than these things I guess I am pretty good. I would be allot better if I could you know walk? Getting up and down for a chair is a mighty challenge now too.

Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers! They means so much to me and my family. Your support has been so refreshing, and I think of you all often.

I hope to be fully back with complete brain usage soon. Maybe in a souple of days when I can stop taking it. Pray for more pee and poop! The doc told me that if I didnt start the peeing that I would have to go in for a cathedar. I DO NOT WANT THISSS!! For obvious reasons. So pray i tinkle soon.

Thanks again.

Love and Prayers,


33 Soldier's saluted this post:

Christina said...

I'll be "Praying for Pee" I had to say that. I just couldn't resist. Don't laugh too hard and hurt yourself!!

Seriously, I hope your pain eases and you are able to get some rest very soon!!

Always a Southern Girl said...

I'll be prayin' for you Tim! I know how you're feeling. Take care!

Nikki B. said...

drink lots of water and ask your nurse to stick her finger up your butt with a sapository (sp?)

totally graphic, i know...but, it'll work.

5 big ole surgeries...i've had sleepy bowels before...it SUCKS!! worst part of the sugery if you ask me!!!

oh...ask for a shot of toradol in between your pain pills. helps keep the pain pills a float and gets you through to the next one. makes you taste metal...but, works!!!

Mama SeWELL said...

Poor thing! I hope you get the pipes flowing again, my hubby had a catheter in today and he vouches that you for sure dont want one! If you do have to get one his advice is to get the smallest hose possible and ask for some vaseline, it will help.

Feel better!

Lee said...

I hope you get to feeling better.
After my mom's surgeries, she's allergic to so many things, she was only allowed aspirin!
I'm praying for your speedy and less painful recovery.

Wendyburd1 said...

Oh get well in ALL ways SOON Tim!!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Ouch and yikes. I will be praying for you.

Elyse said...

Praying for ya! You still have a sense of humor even though it's really not funny!
~Elyse

Denise said...

Tell your mom its okay...you've been talking to a nurse here! :o)

It's not unusual for it to take 3 days for the first BM (aka poop) after surgery...much longer and you will have to get the dynamite.

Will be praying for your quick recovery and lots of voiding (aka pee)! I don't know why but men always seem to have a problem with catheters. :o)

Seriously though, I am praying.

Shalom,
Denise

Unknown said...

Praying for you! Hope things begin to look up soon.

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

Ouch! That sounds really tough. May you soon do more than trickle.

I will be praying for your bodily fluids to release from their hold on you.

Unknown said...

Oh, Tim! I'm so sorry! Sounds painful! I'll be praying that there will be a quick relief from the pain, and that you will soon be able to sleep, pee, and poop. :)

McCrakensx4 said...

Not so much fun. That is how I felt, exactly, after my hysterectomy! Praying for your recovery, and quickly!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Praying for pee and poop, my friend. I remember when my brother, Matt, had back surgery. He stayed with me for 2 1/2 weeks afterward, and the pain meds he was on made him fall asleep during every meal. Then there was the constipation...we ended up giving him Ex-Lax, and then some more, and then some more...until...well, the rest of the story has become a "classic" in our family and I'll have to tell you on email sometime. Not really appropriate as a comment. :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Keeping you in my prayers!

I am Harriet said...

Hi Tim!
We've been praying for you over at Sited! Imagine our prayer leader being the person to direct prayers to :)
Happy Tinkling and take care.

Dot O said...

Hoping and praying that this too shall pass, and soon! Tim, take care. Rest when you can. It will only get better from this point on - you've been through the worst of it already.

Headed to mass in an hour and you are at the top of my prayer list tonight.

Take care, my friend.

Beth E. said...

Praying that everything turns out all right in the end.! LOL

I have suspected for awhile that you are full of it, Tim. Now I know that for sure. ;-)

Seriously, hope you feel better soon.

Love to you and your family,
Beth

Kameron said...

Listen to Nurse Nikki go! I have full confidence she is going to be awesome when she's done with school. What? This is your blog and you don't want to hear about Nikki? Sorry. I hope you feel better soon. I can imagine the pain and all of the side effects. Some of the issues can also be caused by those meds you have to take. Nikki is right aboutt he supository. And you don't have to taste it!

Esther said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers--I know about the constipation--I had problems with that after both of my c-sections. I hope everything comes out ok for you! (Sorry, couldn't resist.) :-)

Pam said...

Oh, Tim!

It just pains me to even read about your troubles! So sorry for all of the "delays" you are experiencing. And not being able to even sleep through any of it is BRUTAL. Yeah, I all-capped brutal and meant every single BIG letter of it! I really think I would die. Kicking, crying & screaming, mind you.

Hang in there. We're all here for you. Even if you get in trouble with your Mother because you used potty words!

Praying for rest, pain relief and well, you know the rest!
Pam

Veronica Lee said...

Happy Father's Day, Tim.

wife.mom.nurse said...

oh no. gosh i am so sorry to hear all of this.

i truly am praying you will feel much better soon and have no further complications.

Happy Father's Day Tim!

~Julie

-stephanie- said...

This isn't the first time I've prayed for pee and poop for a "stranger". Usually it's for kids, but I guess we never stop peeing and pooping.

Get well wishes and Happy Fathers Day.

Up Close said...

may Jesus bless you. I know how it felt being operated. I been there a year ago. But, Jesus is good!

Beth E. said...

Good morning, Tim! Just checking on you, to see how you are doing...I pray that you are healing quickly, that your pain has lessened, and that all bowel/bladder complications have been resolved! Take care of yourself and do what the doctor says...while you're at it, do what Carey says, too! LOL

A word verification I came across this morning made me think of you...
eperpoo:Since Tim had surgery, he's wondering if he will eperpoo again! ;-)

Love and prayers,
Beth

Beth in NC said...

Oh Tim, this sounds horrible. I came over to check on you and I'm glad I did. I'll be praying for you!

I'll also pray for things to start MOVING if you know what I mean.

Blessings,
Beth

Mike Golch said...

I've got you in my prayers that you heal up soon and will not need those pain meds.

April said...

Praying real hard for you, Tim! Hope today's a much better day! Big hugs!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Just popped back on to let you know I am praying for you.

I do hope you are improving!

Claremont First Ward said...

Hope you feel much better really soon!

MamaFlo said...

Sending you my very best wishes for a healthy recovery.
Sorry you can't enjoy the fog of the pain meds ;)

Not your Happily Ever After said...

I hope you recover quickly. I know the pain you speak of. I just had hernia surgery 2 1/2 months ago. Not a fun recovery and I had a baby to take care of. Praying you recover quickly.