Friday, July 24, 2009

A FUNNY Thing

You know yesterday I was just thinking to myslef that I hadnt gotten any awards in such a long time. How about you? They use to fly around bloggy world like nobody's business and you just couldnt find time to post them all. Then when you did get the time you had so many to talk about it was exhausting, and trying to figure out who gave them too you was a task in itself. Sound familiar?

Well just as I was thinking that maybe they were still out there but I just wasnt getting any love, I get an email that there are two waiting for me at a friends blog! Made my day I tell you. It made my day. They are still out there and it is still very nice to get them.

I got the Adorable Blog Award which I have received a few times before, but none the less it is still extremely special to be thought of again.



Then I also got the Uplifting Blogger Award which really means allot to me because I try to keep The Fort as uplifting as possible.



They were both recieved from my good friend Angela at Mom's Fortress of Solitude. If you havent been to her blog you should check it out.

So here we go with the award hand out! I will not be able to send out email for all of these so I hope you see that you got it! These awards are going to all of those who are in my bloglist as well as all of you whom I have asked if I can put you there. Some arent there yet as I havent had the chance to do it yet. You know who you are. This includes all of my fellow Blog Frog Community Leaders. It also includes all of those whose blogs I follow as I find them very uplifting and adorable. I wouldnt follow otherwise.



Speaking of The Blog Frog. If you arent using the Blog Frog to improve the traffic on your site you should. It increases your traffic and for all of the communties you join your blog link will apprear on their site each time you visit. The Blog Frog is also new and improved so its much more user friendly! So get to Blog Frog hoppin now! The first step is joining my community in the right sidebar by making a link to The Fort in your blog and then registering your blog in my community. Just click "Become a Fort Soldier" at the bottom of the Blog Frog widget. You will then be a member of this community where you can communicate with fellow bloggers. Also feel free to become a follower of The Fort on Twitter if you use it!

If you have any additional questions on how The Blog Frog can hop your blog to the top just email me. :)

Love and Prayers,

25 Soldier's saluted this post:

Tina said...

Good for you....you guys deserve it! I really enjoy your blog.

April said...

Woo hoo...two awards! Way to go, Tim! You, your precious family (including Bogey), AND your blog are tops in my book! Have a wonderful weekend! Big hugs!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Hmmm. I have not yet attempted to add any buttons or links to others, cuz frankly, I really dont know how or what having others buttons posted will mean? I'd love to create a button for my blog...cuz I think others have such cute ones.

and I have only been blogging a short time, so had never known how much the awards were going around...I do have one award that was given to me :o) so that was exciting! So, how can one know if they get an award? only by a direct convo or email?

And I am not on the Blog Frog yet...I appreciate the "user friendly"...any thing user friendly is a BIG help!

E @ Scottsville said...

That's funny, I just got an email with an award for me. It must be AWARD DAY!

Congrats on yours, Tim!

Hope you guys have a fabulous weekend.

Erica

Tina said...

Tim:

Thanks so much for the awards...

I'm working on my acceptance sppech now and I will have it ready to go for tomorrow!!!

Again....thanks so much you really made my day!

Brooke said...

Congrats for the awards...and thanks for passing them along to all of your bloggy friends!

Melissa Miller said...

~Awesome Tim!
Congrats on your special and well deserved awards. Thank you for passing them on to all of us as well. You're a sweetheart!

Have a blessed weekend.
~Warmly, Melissa :)

Lee said...

You guys deserve it. :)

I never get awards anymore, but that's because I never post them.
It's no offense to anyone, it's just that I don't have the patience to weed through them.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Tim, there is a blog award waiting for you at my blog, too. It posted yesterday, I think. Like you, I couldn't pick just ten and gave it out to my followers and commenters who make it so worthwhile. You're welcome to pick it up and post it.

Tara said...

If you want an even easier way to join Tim's BlogFrog community, just click "Visit the Fort Thompson community" Then on the rt hand side you will see "community members" click the "join button and you are on your way!

He & Me + 3 said...

Well congrats on both of those awards. Your blog is awesome! I totally need to use the frog. Ugh.

He & Me + 3 said...

Well congrats on both of those awards. Your blog is awesome! I totally need to use the frog. Ugh.

Melissa said...

Congrats on the awards! I never heard of The Blog Frog before I will have to check it out. Thanks for the info.

McCrakensx4 said...

Congrats on your awards, they look great on you!

Beth in NC said...

Congrats on your new awards Tim and thanks for forwarding them on!

Love,
b

Pam said...

thanks for the awards! it HAS been a long while since ive gotten any too! i agree with you on that one! hey, when you post your moment, feel free to post both last weeks and this weeks! i think i changed the dates and mcklinky should be open all week this time!! YEAH!! i wonder how your doggy is doing?? i need to go find you on twitter now!! see you there! (and i guess i should check out blogfrog too!)

Frantic Holly said...

Congrats! You totally deserve it!

Always a Southern Girl said...

Congrats on your awards!! I just wanted to thank you for all your sweet comments you leave me. I truly appreciate it. Thanks for your prayers as well. I feel them believe me.

I did use blog frog, but it kept making my blog crash. Maybe I should try it again.

~Brenda said...

Fellow BlogFrog Community Leader, stopping in to say hi, and thank you for the award!!! How sweet is THAT!?

Now ... how do I post that on my blog ... exactly? This is my first award, can you tell!!?

~Brenda

Heatherlyn said...

I gave up posting awards. They were really fun at first and it is always flattering to receive them but I procrastinated posting them and then it takes forever. I haven't seen them going around as much, just like you said. Maybe it is seasonal, sort of?

Mom's Fortress of Solitude said...

Just when you thought you've had enough awards for the week, I'm passing two more awards your way.

(Plus, you still have to pick up the 'Blog it Forward' Inspirational Blog Award, too.)

I'm thoroughly enjoying meeting everyone here at Blog Hop '09!

I have two awards for you over at my little home on the web. Please stop by and pick them up when you get the chance.

If you'd like a few laughs, feel free to read my post about the awards, too. :o)

Hugs,

Fellow Blog Frog Community Leader,
Angela @Mom's Fortress of Solitude

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards!

Girly Do Hairstyles said...

You have a great blog over here adn I have totally loved BlogFrog too because I have found great blogs like yours to follow. Congrats on you award.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I'm spending some catching up this morning! After just one week passing...it is like WOW! everyone has been blazing the keyboard trails and posting up a storm :o)

I just was able to add the Blog Frog "widget" to my blog...

Oh.my blog was beautiful and professional (not that I put it together, but the Blogolicious design team got me going...thank you to our darling older daughter for winning that blog design makeover for me...even before I actually had a blog!)

Now, with the marquee of blogs and the Blog Frog widget, my blog is looking so high-tech! hehe
...and with the blog wards on my sidebar, I look like I must be a seasoned blogger (not!) and that I know what I'm doing! (it's all an illusion!)

Thank you Tim, for your wonderful blog posts, for the great awards sent my way, for all your help and answering all my questions... (I still am learning. and not totally sure how the Blog Frog entails.)

Michele said...

Ahhhhh Tim!!! Congrats on the 2 awards! This is why I didnt see that You sent me 2...I totally forgot to grab them from you! Saaarrry! ;) Just want to say, love you guys and everything your blog is about!