Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our Little Picasso's



I'm joining Pam again at Your Gonna Miss This for her weekly carnival that shares things that we will miss. I love that this carnival focuses on those things that we too often take for granted, and gives us the chance to appreciate them while we still have them. Stop by and visit Pam for more of these great moments!

This week we painted for our activity for the July 4th weekend. I will always miss these family times together with our kids. They get so much excitement and joy from doing things like painting.

We actually did real paintings this weekend on real canvas! The kids will be able to put them on the wall in their rooms and display them proudly. I got this idea from an artist who is also a fellow blogger. Thanks Hollie for the great idea. It was so much fun!
The base coat.


Adding some color!



The finished products!





Love and Prayers,




31 Soldier's saluted this post:

Unknown said...

Too cute! Glad you had a Happy 4th of July!

Liz Mays said...

I love that you let them do that on real canvas!

Esther said...

Those are too fun! I love that idea--that splash of color is going to be so great in their rooms!

Courtney and the Boys said...

What a fantastic idea! They did so well, too...I think my boys would just make mud.

Oh, and btw...I just LOVE Will's hair! :)

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

genius idea!!!!... so, fill me in on where to buy the canvases and what type of paint you used???

Beth E. said...

What great artists! I love the bright colors. The paintings will be a great addition to their rooms, I'm sure.

Have a great week!

Tara said...

This IS a great idea and they look like real artists in the making!

Nikki B. said...

really cool!

Alyssa said...

Those came out so great! Kid art is undoubtedly the best.

Unknown said...

I love those canvases! Great artists you have there!

Lee said...

Wow, those are so so cute!
They're going to look great up on their walls!
Hope you had a great fourth!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming over to my blog and for your sweet comment. We all had a wonderful time meeting each other. I am glad that you enjoyed the video. I hope you are healing from your surgery!

Simply Being Mommy said...

It looks like they had a blast! They did a great job, that is for sure.

koopermom said...

Those turned out fabulous!! I'm so glad you did it and that everyone enjoyed it. They'll be able to look back on those paintings and remember how fun it was!

Claremont First Ward said...

Wow. Real canvas and everything. Pretty spectacular!

Steph said...

You probably have the most precious kids around Tim!

Kameron said...

Wow, they did a great job! Wanna design a piece for me little Thompsons?? ;o)

Robynn's Ravings said...

Absolutely FABULOUS!! I love the idea of the base coat and then creating. This may sound dorky but I'd like to do this with my teenagers. What a fun family project. Sometimes you learn so much from your kids through their art. Thanks, TIM!

Heatherlyn said...

I think it is a great idea to have them paint the paintings for their rooms!!! And holidays are so much better with little kids. My kids were SO excited about the fireworks. I love it!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

That is soo great! And very brave of you to let them do that in your very light colored house!!! LOL. Mine would have that EVERYWHERE!!!

Sonya said...

I love their paintings. They are beautiful!!

Pam said...

No need to appologize for your delay! look how long it took me to come over and check out what you wrote!! hope you are feeling better again. i love the paintings! what a great idea! did you say you are getting them framed? i think you should!! thanks for joining me and linking up this week!!

Unknown said...

What beautiful and meaningful photos.

Meredith said...

Your family is beautiful... love the blog! Glad your 4th of July was good!

momstheword said...

What a great idea! They are both so colorful and pretty and will look awesome.

I love your son's "little man" haircut. I remember when mine got their first manly-man haircuts....sniff....they were so precious......snort....no more curls!

I am Harriet said...

Those kids are your spittin' image!

:)

E @ Scottsville said...

And what great little artists they are! Beautiful masterpieces, Kids! They're just lovely!

Tammy said...

I love this idea. My daughter would love doing it. The pictures came out great.

Carrie said...

What sweet smiles...they are so proud of their work...and they should be! How fun to have beautiful artwork for years to come! Great photos!

wife.mom.nurse said...

They look soooo proud! Love this idea.

Anonymous said...

Those are great! i did this with the kids I nanny for as presents for their parents for Christmas.