Monday, July 20, 2009

Recipe? Smecipee!

Ok. Im not big on recipes because I just dont really have any. My mother taught me to cook from scratch and that is always just the way I have done it. This is why I have no recipes.

Therefore I am giving you something very easy and VERY good. It's a desert and I call it Cherry Delight.

Here is what you need:

1 Angel Food Cake

1 Large box of Cool Whip

1 Large can of cherry pie filling

1 Large box of Vanilla Instant Pudding

Directions:

Tear cake into small pieces and place into a large resealable dish like tupperware. Then after mixing the pudding, pour it over the cake pieces evenly. You might need to spead with a spatula. Then after the pudding has soaked into the cake, pour cherry pie filling in on top of this. Spread the entire contents of the cool whip tub over the top and chill.

There you have it! Not healthy by any means, but entirely delicious!

If you havent played along with Brent's MckLinky bloghop, now is the time! Its allot of fun and you meet some great people.

MckLinky Blog Hop


Love and Prayers,

26 Soldier's saluted this post:

Anonymous said...

Mmm!

My hubby is the same way-makes amazing meals without a recipe!

Nicole O'Dell said...

TIM!!!! Hey!

I'm on a diet so no recipes for me. I just wanted to say hey! I've had my head in a hole while I finished my next two books. Not that they're done. 13 more days and then life returns to normal--what's that anyway? ;)

Miss hanging out at the Fort!

Lori said...

Sounds yummy and easy, two of my favorite traits.

Liz Mays said...

My hubby is the same way! But, he likes cooking, no baking.

This sounds yummy!

Bridget said...

This sounds Yummy! I'm always looking for new easy dishes that Michael and Kyle will enjoy and this definitely sounds like one of them!

Thanks for the Thursday vlogemotion invite...I'll work one up!

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh...that sounds so yummy and I am all about the ease of the recipe. I am not one for cooking, but this, I can do!

Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful!

Melissa Miller said...

Yummy and easy sounding too Tim!
Thanks for sharing.

I'm wondering how little Bogey is doing????

MadeInCanarias said...

Seems delicious and easy to make. Thanks for sharing.

Kimberly @ RaisingOlives said...

Sound terrific! I can not cook without a recipe. I'm just not that talented, but I'm good at following directions.

Thanks,

Kimberly

Shell in your Pocket said...

Sounds like the perfect picnic dessert.
sandy toe

Leah said...

Sounds good! And that's the way I like to cook too!

April said...

Hold it, partner...you COOK and BAKE? Woah...I didn't know that! I think we might have another Emeril Lagassee on our hands! :) Your dessert sounds SCRUMPTIOUS!

Mandy said...

Hi Tim! Great blog! I have this recipe but have never tried it! Maybe I should!

Tara said...

Oh yeah!! and only 4 ingredients. Right up my alley. I actually think I have this recipe but can't say I've ever tried it. Def. will do sometime.

Unknown said...

Sounds totally yummy and totally... unhealthy! ha! :)

It's nice to meet you! I actually think I've been here before, but I'm glad you visited me so I could come back!

I'm following you and am happy to be a blog frog community leader along side ya!

Of course linking my blog on yours is perfectly okay! (Always!)

Blessings to you and your family today.
Lynnette

Shannon said...

That sounds so good! Thanks for visiting via the Blog Frog. I'll be seeing you around the Blog Hop also :)

Brooke said...

That sounds good and easy! Thanks!

Holly said...

I've had cherry delight before. I picked off all the cherries though. Don't really eat cherries. :)

Jenna said...

Thanks for the comment! Nice to meet you! The recipe sounds yummy. See you on the BlogFrog!

Irene said...

Sounds yummy!!

I am Harriet said...

You too funny.
You know, you coulda gotten away with PB and J :)

Tricia said...

I so used to make this a long time ago forgot all about it thanks for the reminder its delicious

Unknown said...

Healthy Smealthy. :-)

~Brenda

Stacie said...

I love Cherries. This sounds so yummy. Going to make this one really soon.

wife.mom.nurse said...

yummo~~~~~