Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bogey - Puppy Hurt Leg

For those of you who have asked me relentlessly about our Bogey and how he is doing this is for you. Thank you so much for your prayers and concerns during for our puppy hurt leg.

Here are the pre and post xrays of his leg. It was his right hind leg that was broken. He is doing much better now, he just hates the collar he has to wear to keep from licking the leg due to the cast being taken off. It is like a cone that goes around his head and it makes us so sad to see him in it, so we take it off as often as possible.

In the first xray the leg on the left that is bent is the broke leg. The break is toward the top of the leg at the knee. You can click on the images to get a better look and change your view to 200% or more.







Thanks again for all your prayers!

Love and Prayers,

19 Soldier's saluted this post:

Unknown said...

Praising God he is doing better!

Thanks for the update!

Oh do I wish you all lived closer to me for what God is doing in my life!

I'm sharing the story tomorrow but if you want a sneak peak go look at my design site!

Blessings and love,
Jill
PS I sent you an email about Taylor - please let me know preference! :)

Beth in NC said...

Poor Bogey. I'm glad he is better.

Hey, I just posted something that might be an idea for you. ha.

Blessings!
Beth

Beth E. said...

Awww...poor little Bogey had such a hard time! I'm glad he's doing much better. Thanks for updating us.

Have a great week!

Wendyburd1 said...

Oh yay! You should take a pic of Bogey in the cone!!LOL

Holly said...

I imagine it's no fun for him having that collar on! Soon he won't need it anymore.

He & Me + 3 said...

So glad he is doing better and will be fine. I am sure he does hate that collar thing. I have seen them on dogs and they don't look comfortable at all.

Unknown said...

I'm glad that he is doing better! Prayers work wonders don't they? I seriously believe in the power of prayer!

I am Harriet said...

Guess who the featured blogger is today on I am Harriet....

BTW- I went through similar stuff with a dog I once had. He kept tearing his knee ligaments chasing animals. Luckily, he was a swimmer- lab- and it would fix itself.

Prayers and luv friend :)

Sherri said...

Those cones are awful, aren't they? I know they have a great purpose but cannot be very comfortable. My dog looked at me with sheer embarrassment and pleading eyes to please take it off.
Hang in there Bogey:)

Becki said...

Ouch! Glad he's doing better :)

Found you through Harriet's blog.

Vicky said...

Ooooohh, ouch is right! Also very glad to hear he is doing okay and will hopefully heal as though it never occurred!

Tara said...

Glad he is doing better but seeing them wearing collars or being stuck in their crates is hard to see/handle. Hopefully it wont be long and he'll be as good as brand new!

A Lil Enchanted said...

Dropping by from Harriet's today!

I hope Bogey feels better real soon : )

My lil Steffie loved watching the video's of your kids!

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Anonymous said...

Glad that he is healing well. I think those collars are horrible. Our little kitty had to wear one a long time ago. He kept hitting his head against the wall and finally we took it off. It was pitiful to watch.

Heatherlyn said...

At least your doggie has a loving family to care for him while he heals!

Anonymous said...

:(

Moms On The Go said...

Glad to hear he is getting better! My dog had stiches once and had to wear the cone as well. It is very sad. Make sure to get a picture though :)

Stopping by from Harriet's Comment Challenge

Frantic Holly said...

Poor guy. Hope is healing well.

LisaShaw said...

Glad he's doing better. Prayed again for him. Bless his heart. I am so a dog lover!!

Blessing to you and your family Tim.

Love ya brother in Christ.