Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oldies... but Goodies!

Fort Thompson


Instead of putting up an Old post his week, I decided to just go with Oldies and show you some of the pics of me that were in the running for the button design. Let Jill know if she chose the right one or not. LOL I think she did a REALLY good job on this button. Here are the contenders that didnt make it, they are all me by the way.


This one is me with my dad and my dog Sampson. Taken in the 60's.



This one is taken of me with my Dad and my Auntie. She was my grandmothers aunt.



This of course was the winner for the button! Me on the phone at age 2.



This is me with my barn at Christmas also in the 60's.



And last but not least, a baby pic for you to enjoy!



Hope you enjoyed my Oldies!


Want to play along with Oldies... but Goodies? Its simple, here's how:

1. Post the Oldies but Goodies button to your post.

2. Copy an old post that you would like to share again.

3. Paste it into the new post and link up.

4. Then click "this to get the code", and copy the code in the orange box. Then paste this code into the bottom of your post. Thats it! Then you can link up right there on your own blog. Thats it! Too easy!


This is a super fun carnival and it so easy to do. It gives us the chance to read new things on your blog that we might have missed, or just never saw because we didn't follow your blog at the time.

So lets catch up! Join in the fun with Oldies... but Goodies!

Love and Prayers,



MckLinky Blog Hop

27 Soldier's saluted this post:

Unknown said...

Tim - that is unbelievable how much your children look like you as a young boy! You were a cutie!

Isn't it fun to see ourselves in our children as they grow?

Wishing you and your family a blessed day!
Love and prayers - Jill

Angela said...

Jill already stated what I was going to say,,lol. WOW..your son and you are twins...

Theta Mom said...

You picked the right one! I love the one with you on the phone. So adorable! You have a great blog here.

BTW, thanks for stopping by my blog and for the follow. I am following back and look forward to reading more...Hope you don't mind, I dropped a card, too. ;)

Bridget said...

Will is such a "mini-me" of you!!! And I would say you picked the right pic!

April said...

Tim,
What a cute little boy you were...Will is a carbon copy of his daddy! I had one of those Fisher Price farmhouses, too! Have a great day, my friend!

Amy said...

I love the old photos, especially the one with the toy barn. I remember playing with those as a child :)

This is a fun idea. I will have to try and get an old post from my archives and play along next time!

Sherri said...

Wow...I can't believe how much Will looks like you as a child. Fun pictures!

Kat said...

I love the button. Reminds me of my oldest boy when he was younger. We had that farm when I was a little girl! You must be old:)

Holly said...

I love looking at old photos. My mom has all of mine.

The Mommy Chef said...

Cute, cute, cute! That little barn in your photo looks alot like one my 3 year old has all these years later!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

I'm so glad you posted the rest of the pics. Will looks so much like his daddy! :)

~Brenda said...

Oh my word, my Grandma had that EXACT farm set up. I used to play with it for hours on end. Did the doors to yours moo every time you opened them? :-)

So cute. I think you chose the right pic for the button too!

~Brenda

Beth E. said...

I think the pic Jill chose was the right one, but ALL of those pics are cute!I can't believe how much Taylor and Will look like you did when you were young!

Auntie E said...

Great post I always love seeing old photos and getting to know people, thanks. cute photos. seeing how one changes through the years to priceless.

Jackie said...

You definitely picked the right one. I love all of them but the one of you on the phone is priceless!!
I hope you all have a great week,
Jackie:-)

Lee said...

Will looks just like you!
Looking at those pics, I kept thinking "Wow, these pics of Will look old..."
And then I realized. Man!

Beth E. said...

Just checking in to see if you posted the winner of your contest. :-)

I will be gone tomorrow, but will try to check your blog before I leave.

He & Me + 3 said...

Those were great. Wow Will looks so much like you. Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Those are some really good pictures! I think the one she picked for your button was the right choice. It's so cute! I remember playing with that exact barn!

Alexis said...

Thanks for the sweet comment and the follow. I've always referred to my readers as "my girls", but I'm going to have to stop that now! Welcome!

CrayonKeeper said...

Thank you for stopping by! My McLinky-doodle thing has been added!

Two years later from that post, I am happy to say I am still only using Dial. Well, not the same bar...but ya know!

Thanks for hosting such a fun carnival!

Alycia

Jenny said...

LOVE the old pictures- if you scanned them in they sure turned out well! Sorry I didn't join in today- too much medical "stuff" going on right now- I'll try again next week ;-)

Unknown said...

Will looks exactly like you!!
I like the picture of you playing with the barn.
I love old pictures!!

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. You are the cutest. And Will looks just like you : ). Sweet as can be!

Heatherlyn said...

So your cute kids get it from you! What an adorable little kid you were!!

MamaBear said...

I still have my Fisher Price farm like that :) I tweeted about an oldie but a goodie without even knowing about your carnival. Too funny!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Gee! I am again soo behind in my blog reading!!!

I love these old photos of you when you were little! How fun!
Although all of them are really great, for the button, I think she picked the perfect photo!

...now, on to your more current posts...I'm working my from back to front!

Blessings & aloha!