Monday, August 17, 2009

Monthly Miracles - Straight from the Heart

I posted about my story of what happened when I died and how God performed a miracle in my life so that I could live. The post was titled Angels and Miracles in case you want to check it out.

So this brought up the idea of showcasing different peoples experiences with miracles or angel sightings in their lives. Thus Fort Thompson Monthly Miracles was born. It is my hope that this can go from monthly to weekly, but in order to do that I need your help getting the word out to others to send in their stories. They can be emailed to me.

This gives us all the opportunity to read about some truly remarkable things that have happened, and how God has worked in many different peoples lives. So please help us to get the word out.

This month it is my honor to feature the story of a really good blogging friend of The Fort. Most of you know her as April, and she is the author of a wonderful blog called Straight from the Heart. So make sure you stop by and comment on her blog thanking her for sharing her story.



My mom passed away in 2000; we were incredibly close...more like sisters, than mother and daughter. Well, I stayed with her for eleven straight days when she was in the hospital. She wasn't able to speak to me, at all, because she was on heavy pain meds and she had tubes down her throat. I, finally, had to leave and go back home to tend to my family. I hugged Mom and told her how much I loved her and that I'd be back to see her, again, real soon. At that point, we all still thought she was going to make it out of the hospital. As I was leaving her room to make the drive home, I turned around and waved goodbye to her. Then, as clear as it could be...she said, "Bye, bye, hon". I almost fell over! Those were the last words I ever heard my mom speak and I'll never forget that moment!

A few days later, I woke straight up at around 5:10 AM, so I decided to go to the office to read my e-mails. About 5 mins. later, the phone rang and it was my brother calling to inform me that Mom passed away almost at the exact moment I got up and went to the office. I truly believe that it was Mom's way of telling me goodbye.

We traveled to Arkansas the next day and I slept in the bedroom at my dad's house with my two girls. They wiggled in the bed for half the night, so I went down to the floor to sleep. I was awakened very early in the morning by something rubbing up and down on my back. I thought it was our dog, Gizmo. I rolled over and whispered, "Stop, Gizmo", but he was not even in the room with us...he slept in the living room with my husband. I was by myself on the floor. I believe that it was my mom trying to bring me comfort.

People may say I'm crazy, but I believe that God works in mysterious ways and there's far more to the death experience than any of us can comprehend.

Hope you have a blessed day!

April


Love and Prayers,

19 Soldier's saluted this post:

Anonymous said...

I love April!

And I do think there is a connection between loved ones at a time of death.

Unknown said...

April - praise God for the ways He knows to comfort us and to speak to our hearts about His love for us.

To NEVER stop trusting in Him or losing hope in our future with Him one day!

Oh what a precious story to have forever!

Hugs and love,
Jill

Beth in NC said...

I love April too. She is so precious. What a sweet story of God's love and mercy. He allowed that connection to bring comfort. So sweet.

Holly said...

God works in ways we'll never understand but He sure blesses us with moments like these!

Anonymous said...

It as like that when my grandmother died. She'd help raise me. I couldn't be there. When she died, we were in praise and worship at church. I just felt her going to the other side. It gave me such peace and joy, but I sure miss her every day!

What a comforting post! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren said...

This was great, Tim! I love the concept of Monthly Miracles! What a wonderful story!

Claremont First Ward said...

Fantastic idea, Tim. Chill evoking stories. Love April and it was touching to read her story about her mom saying goodbye.

April said...

Hey Tim!
Thank you so much for posting this story! What a surprise! I wish I had taken more time with writing it and putting all my thoughts together a little better, but I think my message was still conveyed. Have a super Monday!

Amy said...

Visting via April...love her story and this blog too, I will be back!

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

This is such a beautiful story to highlight Time. I totally believe that April's spirit was finding a way to let her know she was there and o.k. Thanks for sharing it.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Great story to highlight for sure. I have goosebumps reading it!

Another great idea Tim for sure!!! ;)

Pam said...

that is another amazing story!! thanks for sharing it! i think that the one i shared about my grandpa's death experience would be a wonderful one to share with your readers! you are welcome to!! oh, i am headed to get the sound fixed on my computer so i should be able to hear your cheerleaders soon!!

Lee said...

What a beautiful story!
From heartbreak can come enlightenment.

Beth E. said...

Tim,
Thanks so much for sharing April's story...it's beautiful!

I'm going to check out yours right now...

Blessings,
Beth

Beth E. said...

Okay, you were definitely right...I did need tissues! What a powerful, life-changing event...a true MIRACLE! I praise God that you have not had to deal with seizures since. My goodness...I have goosebumps after reading that post.

I know it wasn't easy to share all of that...thanks for doing it, anyway. You and your family are a blessing!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great story. Thanks for putting this on your blog for us to read.
Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful story! Working in the medical field, I have seen some amazing (& frightening) things while patients are transitioning from this life to the next. Thanks for sharing April's story! She's one of my favorite bloggers.

Samantha said...

Wow, what a cool story. I'm so sorry for your loss. I believe GOd works in mysterious ways also!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Thanks for sharing another miracle story :o)

Blessings & aloha!