Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Angels and Miracles

Warning Warning Warning!!!!
This WILL be a tear jerker. You have been warned. Proceed with CAUTION!!

*****************

So ever since my post about random things, I have had a ton of you ask for me to share about my death experience. I will do so now. I want to preface this story by saying that this is incredibly hard for me to talk about as it brings back many emotions from that day. When you go through something like this, you are left with gratitude beyond measure, however you are also left wondering what Gods true calling is for your life as there is obviously a reason you were left on this earth. The experience of all of these emotions at once is often overbearing, however I will do my best to get through this post, as so many of you have asked me to share.

I first want to share with you something that happened just around the time I had my experience. We had some very good friends in my dad's church named James and Pam. I believe he was even one of the churches deacon's. For those of you who don't already know my father is a Baptist Pastor. They were very close to our family and we did many things together like going out to eat after fellowships and services. James and Pam were some of the warmest and kindest people you could ever meet.

They had two daughters, a four year old named Katie, and another who was only a baby at the time. Her name escapes me now as it has been so many years since this happened. Anyway, one morning little Katie comes to her mother (Pam) and tells her that an angel had woke her, sat on her bed, and told her to tell her mother not to worry as she and her Grandmother were going to go be with Jesus. Pam being a bit startled by this, as Katie had never said anything like this before, ran to Katie's bedroom to find no one there. Katie again assured her that the angel was indeed there, and that she shouldn't worry because all would be ok.

The very next day while on a trip in their RV they were struck by a drunk driver, and the Motor Home immediately broke into flames. The baby had to be tossed from a window as they were all trapped inside. James and Pam were able to escape with their lives, however receiving some very serious burns. Not all were as lucky as James, Pam, and the baby. That day Katie and her Grandmother did indeed go to be with Jesus. This was an extremely tragic event for a family that we were so close to. Everyone took some comfort in knowing that Katie and her Grandmother had indeed gone to be with Jesus just as the angel had said. My father of course preached the funeral, and there wasn't a dry eye in the place. Funerals are never easy, but especially those of a child.

Now on to what you have all waited for. So many of you asked me on multiple occasions to share my story of what had happened when I died. Please know that this is the first time publicly I have ever spoke about this. To me it was a very personal experience, and one that I don't take lightly. Please pray for me to have God's guidance and comfort in my heart as I share these very personal moments with you publicly for the very first time.

Not very long after James and Pam lost their dear Katie and Mother/ Mother-in-Law I had my incident. I was only 16 years old and just a sophomore in high school. In order to communicate this story effectively I must first provide you with a little background.

This is the hard part of this post. For all but about 6 years of my life, this has been a secret. It was only a secret because I was ashamed, embarrassed, and just really didn't want to bear the burden of any ridicule I might have to endure. So I have kept it to myself up until about 6 years ago when I started to share it, but only with a select few who were either family members or those who I felt could benefit from hearing it. Now I chose to share it with you.

When I was only 6 years of age I was diagnosed with Epilepsy. For those who might not know, it is a seizure (neurological) disorder. I have grandmal seizures which are the worst kind. Total loss of all body function, consciousness, and memory. I had never had any kind of memory from any of my numerous seizures until that faithful day. More on that later.

So growing up I spent much of my childhood in hospitals. If I wasn't in a hospital I had just gotten out of one and could barely walk. Having a seizure is like pulling a muscle in your body. The only difference is that it hurts three times worse than a muscle pull and its in ALL your muscles. I mean there are none that get spared.

Living with this disorder is about allot more than just dealing with seizures. All of my family has endured great stress because of it. I thank God everyday for each of them, as I'm not sure that I would be able to endure what my family has lived through with me.

My sister bless her heart was still just a toddler when I started having seizures. If you have ever seen someone have a grandmal seizure then you know how scary it is. Now imagine a child as young as my sister (3 at the time) having to witness that over and over as it happened to her brother. I can't even imagine it. What I do know is that I cannot put into words how sorry I am for scaring her so. I love her so much and she means the world to me.

This is getting very difficult for me......... breathe.. tissues... ok.

My dad, he is my best friend in the world. He has the softest heart of anyone you will ever meet. He has touched the lives of so many people, and brought more than you could ever imagine to Christ. If my kids get even the slightest bit upset about something you can literally see his heart breaking. I can't even express in words how helpless he must have felt in watching me live with this disorder knowing that there was no way he could take it out of my little body and put it in his. I know that's what he wanted to do. So for all the ways that I haven't the time or space to write about, Daddy I love you. If I can be even a small fraction of the Father to my kids that you have been to me, I will be a HUGE success.

Then there has always been my Mother the Registered Nurse. She has worked in medicine her entire career so she knew from the beginning how serious this was. She is the one that truly is the reason I am here. As a child living in the 70's there were very few if any medicines that were made in liquid form. Most were all tablets or gel capsules. As a child I was not able to swallow a pill and the taste of trying to chew these Epilepsy medicines was just unbearable. So my Mother bless her soul spent many a night in the kitchen perched atop my chest as I lay on my back. She would fight with me forcing pill after pill down my throat, all while dripping is sweat, my shirt soaked with her tears and the floor soaked with mine. She did this night after painstaking night, all done out of love so that her only son would live to breath another day. I tell you this just as honestly as I can, this woman of God saved my life on more occasions than anyone will ever know. The things she had to do to keep me by her side no one should ever have to endure. She did all of them without complaint. She is a Mother sent by God, and I thank him everyday that I get to call her mine. She has been there for me everyday, and I write this post today because of her.

Please forgive me, I will have to return to this later........ok I'm back and more composed so let's try to finish this.

Then there came the day that none of us will ever forget. Moments like this become etched in your mind, so deep is there place never to be lost. A day back in the summer of 1984, where I was only a sophomore in high school.

I had a seizure which started out just like any other. I was being rushed by ambulance to the hospital when just before arriving I suddenly went into cardiac arrest. For those uncertain of what this means, it is when the heart stops beating and you no longer can breath on your own. This is what happens when you die.

I was still in arrest when arriving at the hospital and was rushed inside where resuscitation continued. No such luck. They started using defibrillators to try and shock a rhythm back into my heart all while inti bating me so that a machine could breath for me. Once someone has been gone for close to five minutes the doctor usually will call the time of death. I had been gone for 6 minutes and 45 seconds most all of which had happened while not on a vent. This meant that with no oxygen supply to my brain during this time, everyone felt very confident that I would have extensive brain damage if not just be a vegetable.

This was not to be! I woke in my room as my doctor (who was a family friend and also a pastor) stood over me. My doctors didn't expect me to ever talk again, however as he stood there he said "Timothy, do you know where you are?". I always thought that was the dumbest question. Of course my reply was "uuhh yeah, I'm in the hospital". Tears filled my Mothers eyes as she sat next to my bed and began to realize that a miracle was indeed happening. God had answered so many prayers of so many people that day.

No other patient in this hospital had ever been medically dead for that length of time and come back with no problems whatsoever. I was an instant celebrity, and anytime I walked in that hospital everyone knew me by name. They did test after test on my heart and brain and everything came back normal. God is SO good!

So as I lay there in the bed with my doctor over me, he asks me what I remember. I was thinking that to be a rather obvious question as well since I had never remembered anything during a seizure. I did for some reason feel like he had a reason for asking it this time although I still don't know what it was.

So I told him that I had a dream. One of which I could remember like I had just woke up from it and it was still happening. You know the kind. So he asks me what happened in the dream and I tell him the following.

I was in a hospital room and there where doctors and nurses there and they were all standing around me. He asked "what were they doing?" I tell him that they were banging on my chest and it hurt, so I was trying to tell them to stop, but I couldn't move my mouth because I just seemed to be an observer and that I wasn't in my body. He asked what I meant and so I told him it was like I was floating in the air above my body. He asked "you mean you could see everything?" I said yes. So his eyes got really big and he says "where were these doctors and nurses?" I tell him that there was one doctor and one nurse on my right, and one doctor and two nurses on my left. His eyes get HUGE! So he says "was there anyone else in the room?" I said as a matter of fact there was, my Mother. His voice shakes terribly as he asks "where was she?" I tell him she was at the foot of the bed the entire time always there for me. The room drew silent for some time. I was then notified that I had passed away during my seizure. THIS WAS NO DREAM! What appeared to me to be a dream to me had actually happened.

I also remembered feeling as though I was gliding through darkness toward a light that was in the shape of a man. It was so peaceful and quite. The last thing I recall after seeing this figure is waking up in the ICU and having this discussion with my doctor. I will always recall the last thing he said before he left my room... "God has a special place here for you on this Earth. There is a reason your here, God isn't finished with you yet."

I mentioned before that when I have seizures I never remember anything that happened during them. This was not one of those times. This was the only time that I remembered anything, and remember it quite well I do.

Coincidence? I think not. I know that there is a reason I remember. Its because I was not unconscious, I was conscious as I could be. After this life you see there is no unconscious, everything is more real than you could ever imagine. This is why I remember. I was there and I lived it. As for my body, it was for sure dead, as for me? Well, I was VERY much alive!

This is NOT a story. It is not a fictitious blog post with fictional characters. It is very much based on real life events that really took place. It is my life, and yes I have lived it.

This has been a very difficult post to write. It has taken days of my stepping away from this laptop, so that I could see through the tears to write another paragraph. However, if my story helps others to understand that the teachings of the bible aren't fictitious but actual events that actually happened that will determine the course of all our future, then I will consider it well worth the effort.

I thank God everyday I wake up seizure free. I have done so since 1995. Of course it is my hope and prayer that I will NEVER have another one as I just couldn't stand to put my children and wife through it. So please keep me in your prayers that I stay seizure free. I am not free of the disorder, I still have it and take 8 pills a day to prove it. I have just been blessed to go without having one for that length of time.

Miracle (mir-e-kel) n. An event that is unexplainable by the laws of nature and so is held to be an act of God.

I am a miracle, touched by his hand and left to tell about it. If you don't believe that there is life after death, I'm here to tell you that there very much is. I am living my life after death on this earth now, however through my experience I know that eternity is real and I look forward to that part of my new life everyday. Do you?

********************************

In commemoration of this post that was so very difficult for me, I would like to start a new feature to Fort Thompson. At least once a month and hopefully more often than that I will post a feature story of someones elses miracle. This will give you the chance to read about how God has moved in the lives of so many others. These stories will be blessings that will touch your heart in ways you couldn't even imagine. So if you have a story of a miracle in your life, or you know someone who has experienced a miracle, or you just have a truly inspirational story of how God has worked in your life or someone else's, please email us at Fort Thompson as we would love to feature your story here. We will link your feature post back to your blog. Also if you feel led to do so, posting about this new feature on your site would be much appreciated. Please link to this post so that your readers will come straight to this story. Your help in getting the word out is much appreciated.

Keep an eye out for Fort Thompson Monthly Miracle's! We hope to have this a weekly feature soon!

89 Soldier's saluted this post:

Brittany Ann said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this with us. I know it was hard, but it means so much!

I used to work with kid's with epilepsy, and in them, I've seen so many of God's miracles, but nothing quite like this. If you're OK with it, I'd love to share your story with the families of the children I worked with (we keep in contact.) Stories like these are so uplifting for them.

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Wow, Tim. Thank you so much for sharing your well-written 'story'. It must have been incredibly hard to write, but I am so glad you did. What an amazing experience. A true miracle. Fascinating.

I will most defintely pray that your seizures stay controlled. :)

Kameron said...

That's amazing. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. You were given this story as an opportunity to share about how good Giod is. Thanks for sharing, i know it must have been difficult.

forever folding laundry said...

That was very brave of you to share...thank you! It's an amazing story, and you are blessed to have an amazing family!

Jacquie said...

I had a best friend in high school that had grand mal seizures. IT WAS SCARY!!! I witnessed several. I actually had permission to get up and leave the classroom after her if she ever just took off - she always had a "flight reaction" just before a seizure came on... like she was trying to run away from it. She is seizure free, now, as well.

I'm so grateful you are able to share this story. You have had a glimpse of something most people haven't.

Thanks for sharing from your heart...

Jo said...

Wow! I really am trying to find the words to describe the emotion that is going through my body right now and all I can say is GOD IS GOOD!

lmt1073 said...

Thank you for sharing with us. I understand how extremely difficult it must've have been for you to relive that story.

But you have proven to me what I've always believed... GOD has a plan for each of us and we are here for a reason.

Thank you!

Misty Rice said...

Awe Tim, that was a tear jerker. You write very well, and I felt and heard all the emotions you were feeling and had experienced through your words. Thank you for sharing. We do serve a wonderful God and this story was very touching for me.

I have been feeling a bit depressed recently, through the many sad stories I read on blogs, and the biggest one is the loss of baby Cora. It broke my heart in such a deep way I can't even explain it.

I have been crying alot at random times. Part of the reason I didn't want to go to Tahiti and be away from my family. I said to Mark one night laying in bed, that the hardest thing for me to think about and gives me great anxiety is the thought and sight of one of my children dying, such as Cora, in a box being put in the ground. I start crying now just thinking of that.

I have been praying that God help with my anxiety, and comfort me, that although the physical body will be put in the ground, what I know most, and have held in my own arms, will only be the body, but the souls of these people will go to heaven.

It has comforted me reading and listening to the updated post by Cora's mom, on how strong and at peace she sounds by all of this.

God has done AMAZING things in my life, things I haven't shared with many either....but will one day sit down and write it out and share for all to read as well.

Thank you for sharing.... and what a blessed person you are.

God is just showing off with you by the way....DON'T YOU LOVE IT? LOL

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

Tim, I don't really know how to put everything in words.

Thank you so much for sharing. It really touched me.

I'm so glad I found your blog (or you mine, I don't remember ;-)) because you have made my days brighter on several occasions and I've only been reading the blog for a short time.

God is using you in a mighty way.

April said...

Tim~
I am completely speechless! The courage it took for you to share you heart with us amazes me and I'm so very grateful you found the strength to do so. I have been a Christian since the 5th grade and I KNOW that God is real and life continues after we pass away.

You are an inspiration, Tim, and I can guarantee that your story will touch someone who is searching for answers. God Bless You, my friend, and please know that I will lift you up in my prayers for God to continue to bless you with many more seizure-free days. Yes...GOD IS SO GOOD!!!

The Drama Mama said...

Thank you for opening up and sharing something so personal!! I sent you an email about this...

LeAnna said...

WOW!! What a wonderful story. 'My God is an AWESOME GOD!' I know it took a lot for you to share that and we are all greatful. It was a very touching and meaningful post. I will definatly pray for you to remain seizure-less!

Elyse said...

An amazing recollection of the past miracle you have endured. You are still living proof of the miracle as well. Not only do you have an AMAZING wife, you have two amazing children who are lucky to have you as daddy :)
Thank you for sharing your experiances with me!
~Elyse~

Aspiemom said...

Thank you for sharing your story, Tim, even though it was hard to do.

I look forward to your new series on Miracles of God.

amanda said...

beautifully written. thanks for sharing such a touching story.

Courtney and the Boys said...

Oh, my friend. Wow. Thank you so much for being brave enough to share all of your "story." It reminds me of a book called "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper. I happened upon this book (it literally jumped out at me in Barnes and Noble) about a week after my mom passed away. Don Piper describes what happened to him in heaven during the 90 minutes that he was "dead."

It is just so reassuring and amazing to me to hear about the experiences that people have had in heaven, only to be sent back to Earth. I look forward with great joy to the day that I will be re-united with my parents and spend eternity in the presence of our Lord. Thank you, Tim...God indeed had plans for you here. :)

Court

Claremont First Ward said...

Wow. Thank you for sharing such a personal, miraculous story!

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

wow what a genuinely beautiful story. i have my miracle story ready for Fort Thompson's Monthly Miracles, let me know...

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

wow what a genuinely beautiful story. i have my miracle story ready for Fort Thompson's Monthly Miracles, let me know...

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

wow what a genuinely beautiful story. i have my miracle story ready for Fort Thompson's Monthly Miracles, let me know...

Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing Tim - I know it was not easy.

My mom had a similar experience as she nearly bled to death during her emergency c-section. The doctors thought they lost her and she went through the same things you did. It was awful for her to know what was happening when they also thought they'd lost me. They had to use a defibrulator on me as well as a newborn.

God is GOOD. Thankful for His faithfulness.

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt in my mind that you are still here because God had more for you to do on this Earth. It simply wasn't your time yet. And perhaps, sharing your story is but a piece of that. God is Good!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing that. Quite an amazing story. I am happy to be able to pray for you and your family.

I have worked on my story for weeks now to show people out there that He is an amazing God. You have inspired me to finish it...may take a couple of days but I will :)

Lauren said...

WOW, thank you for being so real and transparent. What a story!!!!! I'm soooo blessed by your blog!!!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

What an amazing miracle of God you are. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Praying you stay siezure free.

Blessings,

Elaine

Tim said...

I wanted to let you know how proud of you I am. I know writing the post about your death was not easy. I have come to realize that the blog is not only a way for you to express yourself, but a way for you to witness to others about God and his working in you and our family. I'm sorry for how mean and hard I was on you about spending so much time on it, but I now see that God is working through you and the blog to reach out to those who may not understand what their real purpose on this earth is. I am proud to be your wife and mother of your children. I love you very much and thank God for getting us through the hard times because I know they are what makes our relationship stronger.

Love,

Carey

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Tim, Glad you stopped by tonight. I did read your post today and was going to comment, but was running out the door. When I was at my mom's later I had her to read it too. It's just amazing! You truly are a miracle and God is definitly using you and has great plans for your life! You are reaching alot of people out here in blogland, all part of God's plan I'm sure. Thanks so much for sharing your story with all of us, you're a blessing! Kristen

Carebear said...

Thank you for your bravery in sharing this difficult memory. It is extraordinary. I have goosebumps as I sit here. I think your idea to monthly share God's miracles is absolutely lovely. It will be a wonderful reminder to us of His power and mercy and immeasurable love. And also of why we pray. Thank you for your message and commitment to Him. I'm glad you pulled through that day.

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

I am so glad you reminded me to read this post. I started crying as I read the part about your mother having to force the pills into you. I can only imagine the push and pull she must have felt.

As for miracles - I don't have a story but just yesterday we found out that God apparently decided we were not done having children. I had a tubal ligation 4 months ago but I am now pregnant. I hope He has a plan because right now I am unsure of it. I am holding on to what you are saying and believing in miracles.

Thank you Tim for opening up and letting us all in.

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

WOW , DO YOU NOT SLEEP ITIS 445 AM HERE LOL i HAPPEN TO BE SUFFERING A MIGRAN AND AM UP, LOL

BUT THOUGHT i would read and answer soem e-mails lol


wow thanks for sharing this post, we do all serve a amazing God don'et we...? whata tear jerker is right thanks for the warning ......

another great post like always from you never the less always a jot to read them daily.

thank you fro all the complaments on my blog and you as a photographer I'm not to big to be compaied to do at all by any means , you have the big cheese the huge 5 d , monster we call that teh beast. I love it so much the photographer more and more but I'm a learner you sure are past that stage. I not just learning how to photo shop my pics pretty cool i'm a begininer learner and so inspired by yourself and others on teh different styles you give to much credit, but thanks what a honor to have God cross us in paths.

well freind I sure wish I could see that post you said you erased.hmmmm? re do it I sure it was a greta post like all your others a winning piece , I mean if you can post about farting Tim really I bet this was thwe Wonka winning ticket post lol too dye for , hummmm? well my friend always inspiring reading you posts and seeing your daRM RIGHT SWEET ENCOURGAING COMMENT ON MINE AND OTHER BLOGS . TAKE CARE AND God bless. michelle

Shell in your Pocket said...

Thank you for sharing...amazing story!
~Sandy toe
p.s. my daughter has had fever seizures...they are scary!

Lady Christie said...

Wow thank you for sharing that, I know it must have been very hard.

Davisix said...

Absolutely amazing story Tim. I loved every word and was moved beyond words!! I too have a miracle story...it involves our oldest daughter who we believe was supposed to die at birth. But God used her to change us in a big way. I will have to share it with you. :) Thanks again Tim!! xo Ang

Nicole O'Dell said...

Wow, Tim. That's an amazing story. I opened it yesterday but just now had a chance to read it. I'm so glad I did. Thanks so much for sharing from your heart.

Prayers for your continued seizure-free health!

TidyMom said...

Oh Tim! Thank you SO much for sharing something so personal....I always knew there was something "special" about you!! Your wife and children are truly blessed to have you!!

I pray that you continue to stay seizure free.

~TidyMom

Dot O said...

Tim, thank you for sharing this difficult time in your life with all of us. However, by your sharing your death experience, somebody out there who does not believe that there is more than this life on earth may just have a change of heart...

I hope and pray that you remain seizure free forever!

Heather of the EO said...

God IS so good. Thank you for sharing your story this way. And what an amazing idea, to share more miracle stories monthly. You will be a blessing to many, I'm sure.

Peace,
Heather

Amanda said...

You ARE a miracle... I am just glad you are able to see how loved and coveted you are.

Great story-Great thoughts...thank you for being willinh to share it. You are amazing!

Many blessings-
Amanda

Pam said...

Tim,
I was one of those many people who suggested you share your story. I now sit here amazed as to the actual magnitude it truly is.

I had no idea as to the extent of the event and that you are indeed a living miracle. I'm so happy to be getting to know you and I thank you for your willingness to dive into the emotions that are obviously still so raw in order to tell this truth.

I think the Fort Thompson's Monthly Miracles posts are a fantastic idea and I look so forward to experiencing each one!

Amber Dupree said...

You amaze me, Tim. I love your family. Every part of it. Solute to you.

Many smiles,
Amber

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post... thank you so much for sharing! I know there are miracles... so nice to share them.

I was able to follow one of your blogs, but haven't been able to follow this one yet..(my laptop is really weird sometimes...)
Nice to "meet" a nice Texan... I grew up in Kingwood... : )

Unknown said...

wow! not a good idea to read this at work! ;)

thank you SO MUCH for sharing this! I will definitely be praying that you continue to be seizure-free.

what an inspiration to your family and a testament to God's grace and love. :)

Lisa Noel said...

Yup I totally cried.Especially at the part about your mom. Although I know I can't fully know the extent of what she went through because (thank you God) I have never experienced something so serious with my kids, I know on a very small scale that feeling of pain for your child when trying to do the best for them.
The rest of the story is totally inspiring. I'm so glad that you were able to share it (no matter how long it took) and hope that you will continue to share it!

Cupcake Dessert said...

Thank you so much for sharing your miracle with us and i hope to read many more such miracles!

KatBouska said...

I never tire from hearing (or reading) accounts like these. Kind on unbelievable that there are still people out there who don't believe. God pounds us over the head with His messages and still we doubt. I'm glad you found the courage to write your story. Amazing.

Ashley said...

wow what a great story! thanks for taking the time to share it with us!

ashley

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Your story was indeed inspiring, Tim, but what I found most heartfelt was the comment from Carey. It testament to how strong of a marriage you have.

It is difficult to devote so much time to something like "blogging." It takes away from the real relationships in our lives. I am glad that Carey understands how it is the medium through which you can connect to so many people.

-Francesca

Rune said...

Thank you for sharing your story. Absolutely amazing story! We will pray to God that your seizures stay controlled.

I look forward to the Fort Thompson's Monthly Miracles posts

Many blessings-
Rune.

Jaysi said...

Tim,

What an inspirational post, in so many ways. Thank you for sharing this piece of you life. I love that you chose to use it in a way to bring people closer to Christ! You are an extraordinary man! I am sure you are here for more reasons than you will ever know. God never makes mistakes, and you being here is for sure one of his great miracles.

I find your story very comforting. Even though I am a Christian, I am also human. Sometimes I think it may be scary to die. I know it will be amazing to be with my Lord and savior, but thinking of it from here on earth can be a little overwhelming. Your story assures me that it will be nothing but wonderful.

Jaysi

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

I very much enjoyed reading about your experience. Quite touching, I could see why it would stir such emotion from you! God is great.

Lee said...

This is an amazing story and helps me very much to cope with my fear of death. I'm glad such a miracle took place and that you're here and okay today. You're very blessed.

Jennifer said...

Tim,
Thank you for taking the time and effort it must have taken to write about such an intimate part of your life and death and life. Thank you and yes, you are indeed in my prayers.

Cheryl Lage said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. WOW.

thank you for sharing your miraculous story, and I will look forward to more miracles shared via your new feature.

Bless you!

Angela said...

thank you for sharing this touching story. I've always believed in life after death but it's good to hear of someone who can testify to that fact.

Tiffany said...

My precious friend, you never cease to amaze me. Knowing these details about your life confirm furthermore how much how incredible our God is. Your vulnerability and authenticity are breathes of fresh air and are being used in God's plan to touch the lives of so many. The recurring miracle stories will be something I look forward to and possibly share mine with you one day as well.

Go hug your amazing wife. Her comment made me tear up as much as reading your story. Blogging life can become consuming and a balance is certainly necessary if all things in life are to receive their due attention. I'm so glad you use yours to speak truth.

So happy to have your friendship.
Tiff

Liz said...

What an incredible post...thanks for sharing your story...can't wait to see the miracles revealed by "monthly miracles"...Prayers for you.
liz

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

Tim,

This story is such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing it publicly.

carrhop said...

What a blessing! Thanks so much for being willing to share your story. What an incredible journey we are on--and how precious to know Who waits for us on the other side.

Blessings!

Kathleen W. said...

That is so amazing, and I thank you for having the courage to share your story. I do believe that you had work to do on this earth still, and that's why you were sent back. From reading other near death experiences, yours sounds so much like other people's. I find it comforting knowing that there is a peacefulness that we find at the time of death.

Christy said...

Tim thank you for sharing, no matter how hard it was for you no doubt it's touched many hearts. I have an aunt who as a child and teen had epilepsy, but no siezures since her mid-20's (the drs have never been able to explain) and an uncle who also has it.
I pray you remain free of this for the rest of your long life!

God Bless

Anonymous said...

Wow. Very profound. Thank you so much for sharing this.

I think this will be a great new feature on your blog.

Live well
Laugh Often
Love Much.

Alicia

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Such a wonderful post. I know that God has big plans for you....and I know that you are touching many lives with your blog. God bless you and your family.

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Okay Tim, I finally got to read your post and so glad I did!! Very moving and I can't imagine how hard it was to write. Amazing story and so glad you were able to share it with us.

Jamie :-)

Stacy Uncorked said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story - truly a miracle! God is definitely not finished with you yet! :) Looking forward to reading your weekly miracles! :)

Keri said...

Wow Tim, I'm fairly speechless. This is a powerful story and testimony of God's greatness. Thank you for sharing it even though it was difficult for you. I suspect it will reach just the right person at the right moment in ways you might have never imagined...

I truly believe with every fiber of my being that Dillon's victory over cancer is a miracle. So many things happened during his treatment that couldn't be explained by any of his doctors. Not sure I'm ready to blog about it yet...But I can relate to viewing miraculous events such as this from the perspective of your Mother. Your story about her having to give you your medication through tears and struggle caused me to well up. I've been there...

Anyway! Thank you for sharing your life with us.

~Keri

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

That was truly a miracle! I will be emailing our miracle to you:)

Thank you for sharing:)

Anonymous said...

Thank you

Hopsy said...

Thank you for pointing this post out to me. What a wonderful story on miracles you have shared with us! I know this will bring hope to SO many! God works in miraculous ways! I am excited to read all your upcoming stories on miracles as well!

Erin said...

I finally got the time to devote to this blog post and I am so glad I did! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm sure it was difficult, and I am also sure we learned a lot from it. You are a very special person!

BloggessJ said...

Thank you for sharing this with us and the warning. I'm new to your blog and I'm with Erin on this one...You are a very special person.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this miraculous story with us. Although it must have been extremely difficult to write, you've touched the lives of many people.

I pray that you continue to stay seizure free and enjoy a life filled with lots of love and light.

Sandy said...

I have not been feeling well for a few days so this is the first chance I have had to read this. I am so glad I did! I cannot thank you enough for sharing your story with us. I am sure it was not easy for you, but I am also sure you touched a lot of people through your sharing. He IS NOT finished wiht you yet:0)

amy (metz) walker said...

Very powerful!

Scribbit said...

Yes a tear jerker--thanks for sharing.

A Hint of Home said...

What heart warming story. It's good to hear the miracles that God performs and is still performing in lives today. Thanks for sharing this with blog land.

Michele said...

I want to thank you so very much for commenting on my blog about all that I am trying to do for Kenny. You made my day...really. You ARE here for a reason! God has blessed you and sharing your life story is such an amazing, unselfish thing! I love your blog! You are such an inspiration! God bless!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Tim, what an amazing and beautiful story. Thanks so much for posting it. The Lord is so good and he does perform so many miracles everyday. Your story has touched so many and helped to renew their faith, what a blessing. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your story, TIm! It has really touched me! God IS a God of miracles! I am grateful that your life was spared.

Amy said...

Just stopping by from Angie's place. You did a wonderful post over there. Plus here also. Wow.

Just Lisa said...

Thank you for sharing this! I was so scared reading it, I was so worried that you would say, "It was just like sleeping, and then I woke up. The End." I am so relieved and happy and blessed to know that there is more.

Thank you for helping me.

Heatherlyn said...

This is the first time I'd read this post. I completely believe you. My great-grandmother "died" in the 1918 (or so) flu epidemic and was offered the choice to return to her body or pass on. She chose to return to care for her 2 young sons (her husband had just died of the flu).

I don't know why some people return. But I know that it makes a difference in the lives of those of us who are still here.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Unbelievable and truly amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I had tears in my eyes hearing about Katie which was equally amazing and then I got happy hearing about how you came back.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Thanks for sharing your story and for sharing the story of the little girl who was warned about her upcoming passing.

Anonymous said...

I missed this when you posted it in February - wow, what an incredible, AWESOME experience! I'm so glad you shared your story. It is truly an inspiration. There are so many miracles that happen every day - what a great idea to feature other's stories. I'm so glad that you were okay and have even spent since 1995 being seizure-free. You're in my prayers for more healthy years in the future!

P.S. Thank you for the comment on my blog about Logan - I'm confident he has my eyes, too! :)

Girly Do Hairstyles said...

Tim- I love this story. Growing up my best friend was handicap she was born without the right half of her brain functioning. She had Epilepsy and seizures all the time. She was very normal except for she had no use of her left arm and limited use of her left leg. I remember being on the defending end of our friendship. People were so mean to her. I remember visiting her in the hospital all the time as kids.

But I remember being at a church basketball game and it was her biggest seizure I had ever been the one to be there for. Her mom had taught us as 12 year old friends to send someone to find one of her family members and to stay with her. To wrap her with our coats and hold her until they could get to her. At 12 I had that responsibility for my friend. I remember holding her this one particular time and thanking God for having such a special friend to care for. I just want to speak for those loved ones who cared for you growing up--- it was never a chore!

What an amazing experience. Thank you for sharing it.

Holly said...

Such a moving post along with the other Monthly Miracle posts. I love hearing these stories. Thank you for sharing!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Thank you for sharing this miracle testimony of God's hand and healing power.

We praise Him for what He does in so many lives! Our son is a childhood cancer survivor, who has been able to give his testimony over and over and over. And has been a strong witness of God's mercies, love and grace.

Blessings & Aloha (aloha means many things... love being one the many meanings) to your family!

Kristen said...

Absolutely amazing. I have spoken to other people about their out-of-body experiences and I know how difficult it is.

And here's to finding the "cocktail" controlling your seizures. May you continue to be sz free.

jules said...

Wow Tim. Thank you so much for making it through writing this story. It renewed my faith again. But it was hard to read when you talked about your mom getting you to take those pills....as that was myself and my son when he was two. :-( I could picture that very vividly. I thank God that his episodes only lasted about a year and a half. He is now 22 and hasn't had a seizure since he was 3. Thank you again. Your story means a lot to me. God is Good