Sunday, February 8, 2009

Not Me Monday!



It's that time again! You guessed it, MckMama's Not Me Monday! If you would like to play along, as you should, head over to her blog and do so now!

And here we go!

Saturday while playing golf with my Dad I did NOT make an eagle on a 520 yard hole. For those of you ladies out there that don't understand golf let me explain. Its when your goal is to get the ball in the hole within 5 shots and instead you do it in 3. I hope that clarifies it some. I might add that makes it sound so insignificant, however it is a really BIG DEAL. Especially for someone like me who doesn't play all that often and have only done it one other time and that was in high school when I was on the golf team. So yay me!

The only other thing on my short Not Me list today was this:

Today at the doctors office, Taylor has a viral infection, Will was getting tired of sitting around and started pushing this chair across the hard floor which was making an unbearable noise. He does it a few times as I am telling him to stop, it was NOT ME that says do it again and your going to get a spanking (in a very stern voice) only to watch him look me in the eyes and do it again because he knows good and well I haven't the heart to follow thru with my meaningless threat. NO that for sure was NOT ME!

Now get on over to MckMama's and join in the Not Me fun! This week if you join in you are entered into a contest!

40 Soldier's saluted this post:

Rachel said...

I have a hard enough time just making a bogey on the Wii golf game, so congrats on the eagle!

Ay-yi-yi... some days the only thing that keeps me following through on discipline is imagining the cute kiddo 10 years older and sassing back!

Lee said...

But it's still Sunday! Congrats on the eagle! Sounds almost as awesome as when I got one on wiigolf.
Oh yeah, you bet. I just compared normal golf to wiigolf.

Rune said...

Hi Tim

I would love to reed your angel story. Can you please tell me where on your blog I can find it?

God bless

RUNE

Rune said...

Hi Tim

It’s my husband Rune, who wants to reed them.
I think he would love to reed all you have.:)

Wibeche

Rune said...

Hi Tim

That’s ok:D You can get his e-mail address. If you wants to. And you can ask him. I am not really sure of what he wants to read. His e-mail address is: ru-stenh@frisurf.no

Have a blessed day:)

Wib

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Congrats on the eagle! I hope your baby feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

I don't golf but I am certainly picking up on your enthusiasm so congrats on that eagle!

Rune said...

Thank you so much:)

Have a great day.

Wib.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the eagle. Plus - my kiddo is always testing me too. He knows I don't usually dish out the discipline. But then again he usually is very well behaved and there isn't much of a need, but sometimes you know?

He & Me + 3 said...

Too funny. my kids submit to my threats too. LOL I really need to be consistant. Darn, they are just so cute.

April said...

Hey Tim~
My hubby plays golf, so I know all about the fame. Probably more than I actually care to! So, a big WOO HOO for you making an eagle! That's great!!!

Isn't it funny (most of the time!), when you make threats to your kids and when they look at you with their big ol' eyes, you just can't follow through? I'm the world's worst softie...and EVERYONE knows it!

Happy Monday to ya!

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

you're such a big teddy bear!!

i cannot believe my name still has that stu*** Twitter image beside it in your BlogFrog; i took that off my blog weeks ago :(

Courtney and the Boys said...

You're crackin' me up explaining golf. :) Congrats on your eagle...that's no small feat. Devon loves golf...he's a natural, but doesn't get to play that often anymore. I enjoy watching golf with him and it's my favorite sport on Wii Sports.

Way to go, my friend!

Court

Nicole O'Dell said...

Personally...not a golf fan! lol I like the IDEA of it, but I just can't get into it.

I'm good with the spanking threats, too. They're meaningless. lol

Have a great Monday!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Way to go on your eagle!!!! That's awesome!
Thanks so much for entering my giveaway. Good luck!

Misty Rice said...

I played Golf for 3 years in school. In fact it was me and my girlfriends who started the first girls golf team at our school.!!!! So I get it!

And I can't count how many times as a parent I have tossed out some "threats" all to be ignored by my son because he knew I wouldn't do it....and or he wanted to test me to see if I actually follow through with it. So once I HAD to follow trough with it, so now when I call that particular threat he looks at me to see how serious my face is, if I seem calm still he chances it, if I have my mean face on he will listen.

Kids are smart!!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Why is it that kids like making those unbearable loud noises that make everyone cringe? One of my boys never fails to do so...
Happy Not Me Monday!

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you DID swat that little butt of his or you are in for a world of hurt! If he knows your words menas nothing now... imagine him as a teenager!

This concludes this weeks intallement of UNsollicited advice.

God bless-
Amanda

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

"For those of you ladies out there that don't understand golf let me explain." What!? Ladies?! I totally understand golf! But, then again, I can't play it to save my life.

Plus, I'm not really the type of girl who's offended by such things (in fact, I thought it hilarious when my male co-worker [jokingly] told me "Quiet woman! The men are talking! Now go make me a sandwich!" at lunch the other day), so I guess I'll let it go. :)

Lauren said...

Thanks for coming by my blog. Love this page, looking forward to keeping up with it :o)

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Tim, ;)
Very cute and funny! I can see why you coudn't spank that precious boy. LOL! :)

Thank you so much for visiting my Roo table and your kind words.
I really appreciate it.

My husband is from a German/English background.

My father is 100 percent German and my mother is 100percent Mexican.
Quite a unique combo huh?

Can't wait to see your new blog dress!
I'm happy to see you are feeling better.

Have a wonderful day.
~Melissa :)

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

Have a great Monday... :-)

Leah said...

I'd have spanked him right there! j/k right! And happy goofing...I mean golfing!

Jaysi said...

Congrats on the eagle!!! That is really awesome!

I never spank my kids, but I'll admit I have threatened it a time or two!

Thanks are good on this end :) Thanks for checking in on me! I think I will be able to post some info sometime this week! It is very exciting!

Elyse said...

You guys crack me up! Great list and I felt so smart knowing what you were talking about in golf!
~Elyse~

amanda said...

thanks for explaining the eagle. i am one lady...who doesn't get it! congrats. :0)

Kameron said...

Ok Tim, so far you've insulted me with the Jeopardy thing and now golf too? Technically an eagle is just 2 under par (on any hole not just a par 5). How's that for understandng golf! j/k :o)

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Those kids always get the better of us, don't they? Smart little boogers!

Congrats on your eagle golf thingy. I'm glad you explained it because I had no clue. (Drives my golfer hubby crazy that I know nothing about golf.)

Misty Rice said...

Yeap he hits lefty but can do both. He is right handed.... I had him doing both when he was in t-ball, but dad has him focusing mostly as a lefty. But hopefully as he gets older he will do both again. So where is this makeover?????

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the eagle and I hope your son is feeling better!

Kristens Creations said...

Congrats on that eagle! My dad plays golf almost every weekend, I don't know alot about golf, but I know that an eagle is really good.

Our trip was fabulous! I've been a little depressed now that I'm back home, but still thankful that I got to go. My parents have stayed at the Ritz Carlton. They said it is beautiful!

We didn't get to take the road to Hana. Our days filled up and went by so fast! We are hopefully going back in a year or so and will be sure to do that. I hear it is beautiful! Kristen

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

Thanks for sharing. It is horrible when kids start getting too smart, isn't it?

Jo said...

Hey Tim,

You need to add the Entrecard widget to your sidebar, toward the top is best. You also need to upload a 125x125 "card" to EC that fits your site. I know you are having a new site designed and they can make you a matching button which will work for EC too. The advet requests you are getting are for people to advertise thier blog on your blog via the entrecard widget mentioned above. All the advertising is done via EC credits, that you get when you drop on someone or they dorp on you or advertise on your blog. These credits then allow you to advertise on other blogs which will drive more traffic to your blog. Yesterday alone, I got over 400 hits on my blog from EC alone.

This was long but I hope it helps if not let me know and I will help anyway I can!

Jo

These Are The Days said...

Very cute blog. Glad you found me, I'm anxious to check yours out. Thanks for your comment love. :)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Thanks for stopping by. It is so nice to find other allergy parents. You blog is so cute, and your kids a adorable. They look pretty close in age like ours.

Have a blessed day.

Kameron said...

The Jeopardy thing I was alluding to was your comment on Nikki's blog about people who are on Jeopardy. I HAVE BEEN ON JEOPARDY (teen Jeopardy when I was in high school) and don't consider myself a waste of life!! It is possible to be smart, socially gifted and fun at the same time!!! ;o)

Don't worry. I'll forgive you, but you'd better watch it or I'll give you a nick name too!

Liz said...

Thanks for your prayers re: the tornado...you were so sweet to think of us! Tornadoes were one thing I didn't miss when we lived in Nebraska...(they (Nebraskans) all acted like they had torndadoes there--seriously?---they were much more about humongous snow storms up there...anyway...thanks again and continue to pray for the families who have lost their homes and businesses today...
Liz

glam R baby said...

HEY CUZ! BACK to the bloggin' world...I have been SO BAD about blogging!! I continue to read yours though....Thanks for posting!! XOXO
Noelle

Hollie said...

having a sick child is the worse. hopefully it passes soon!

i'm bad about saying that i'm going to give kate a pop and then not following through. i'm working on it though.

TidyMom said...

Congrats on the Eagle!! and thanks for explanation, I'm one who knows nothing about golf.

Thanks for the chocolate tip - your explanation makes the most sense!

~TidyMom