Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wordful Wednesday

Many of you have asked about the story of how Carey and I met. These questions came even after I posted about it, many because you had heard of our amazing story and wanted to know more. So here is my Wordful Wednesday. Click on the pic of Carey and I on the right under the American Flag and you can read our story. Or just click here. Hopefully it will touch you as it has touched others. In the event you have already read it, my apologies for the redundancy.




In other news, the new blog is almost ready for install and should go up any minute now, and the giveaway that will be done with it is AWESOME!!! I'm so excited and you will be too.

Also, there have been a few of you who have wanted me to elaborate on my story of what happened when I died for almost 7 minutes. That is coming soon also and should be very touching.



So get on over to Angies at Seven Clown Circus and check out the other Wordful Wednesdays!

26 Soldier's saluted this post:

Pam said...

What a beautiful picture, you guys!

Though I did not ask specifically what happened in those seven minutes, I commented and remember thinking how great our God is to have brought you back. However, I did wonder what happened. I'm glad you're going to share!

Have a great day,
Pam

ps Anxiously awaiting the new look, too. :-)

April said...

Hi Tim~
What a beautiful love story of how you and Carey found one another...or should I say...how God found you for each other? I'm a sucker for love stories and this one takes the cake! I just might have to post my own this Friday, in honor of Valentine's Day, if I can get all my thoughts together!

I would love to hear the story of when you died for 7 mins. I know it will be a blessing to so many of us!

Hope you have a super Wednesday...can't wait to see your new blog design!

Leah said...

Let it be hereby known throughout Fort Thompson and the World, that at 10:37am EST, Leah, aka A Silly Little Sparrow, became a proud and eager follower of the Thompson Family's blog. I have unofficially followed your blog for months and have the utmost admiration of your beautiful family. Blessings on you all.
Leah

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

what a beautiful story ! amazing how our God works.

take every breath as it was your last enjoy every moment and make memories for a lifetime.

Kayla said...

I just LOVE reading love stories. Yalls is just incredible :)

BTW, I will be posting about your question tomorrow!

Nikki B. said...

Awww, Bubbles...I'm gettin' all weepy!! Beautiful story about you and the Mrs.

I can't wait to hear about those 7 minutes...

were there angels? were they playing harps? did you see Jesus? was there a bright light? were you floating above your lifeless body? did you go to heaven? you didn't go to hell, did you? did you want to come back or did you want to stay there? were you sad? were you happy? were you SCARED?

Man...I've never met anyone who has died before!!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Thanks so much for posting your story. I had looked for it when you mentioned your 'how we met' story on my blog, but when I scrolled over it and it said "Photobucket" I assumed that that's where the link would take me. I guess I was in a hurry and just didn't try it out. :(
Your story is amazing! I love hearing how the Lord worked to find a venue in which to show you to each other. There are so many things that had to align perfectly for any of them to be seen as a conicidence. Your story is proof positive that there IS a God and that he works in mysterious ways. Awesome!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Tim, I would be more than happy to fix your mouseover captions so that they say where you have linked them to instead of Photobucket. You have some hidden gems in your sidebar. :)
Email me at sneakymomma@att.net if you would allow me to do this for your blog. :)

Jennifer said...

I do love the wedding picture and how you too met. I am looking forward to seeing your blog's new look. Of course I would like to hear your tale.

Courtney and the Boys said...

What?????? How can you be my BFF and I didn't know you DIED for 7 minutes??? Oh, do tell, my friend.

Court

Brenda said...

Beautiful picture

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! Beautiful wedding picture!

He & Me + 3 said...

I did love reading the story of how you all met. Great wedding picture. Can't wait to see the new blog look.

Jacquie said...

Y'all have a great story!!

Looking forward to the new blog design.

Anonymous said...

I'm here I'm here! Just got so crazy with blogging last week that I haven't thought of anything to say yet this week! Works been busy! Thank goodness! Well have a super fantastic Wednesday!
~Abigail

Cupcake Dessert said...

what a beautiful picture of you guys!!! your wedding must have been wonderful!!

tiarastantrums said...

beautiful

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm looking forward to your death experience!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Get to writin' ! I'm very interested to hear about those seven minutes!

Valarie Lea said...

That is a great picture, and I think your story is amazing. :)

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

AWww! You two are so cute. What a wonderful wedding photo. So glad to have read your story. Have a wonderful night!!

Lee said...

I think I've said it before, but her dress was beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the new look! And your story will be more than touching...I'm sure it will be evidence of God at work!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Great story! Can't wait to see the new look.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story.

Jaysi said...

What a fantastic story! You are one amazing man Tim!!!