Saturday, February 14, 2009

Principles to Live By

This is installment #1 of Fort Thompson Principles to Live By



1. Laugh in the face of things that anger you.

2. Kiss your children everyday and tell them how much you love them.

3. Enjoy every breath for the next could be your last.

4. Do something nice for a total stranger everyday.

5. Give to a charity, it could save someones life and there is no better feeling than the gift of giving.

6. Mentor a child for they are our future.

7. Pay someone a compliment especially if they have angered you. Watch their reaction and then smile at them so they know you are sincere.

8. Always give credit where credit is due, but in the face of failure take full responsibility.

9. When everyone else is avoiding a problem, be the one who steps in to provide a solution.

10. Don't talk about what YOU would do, do it so others will talk about what you did.

20 Soldier's saluted this post:

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Great list :) I especially like #2 and #8.

Unknown said...

Great principals to live by, I live by most and will work on the others...isn't that what life's all about...working towards being better stewards for the Lord. By the way ~ I really love the new look! It's AWESOME!

He & Me + 3 said...

Great principles to live by. Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!

Amy said...

I love #6. I think The Salvation Army is going to ban me from their truck soon, we give so much stuff away. I just keep finding things we can live without! Love the new look, love the blog as always, and can't wait to take the poll!

Amy-O

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Great family mottos to live by! Hope you are having a wonderful Valentine's Day...

Jennifer said...

How I missed this I have no idea. I need to print these out!

Jacquie said...

Great list, Tim! What a great way to live.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Lauren said...

This was GREAT!!! Thank you!!! :o)

Kyla @ The Simpsons said...

Great list!!

I like the one about mentor a child, because I have always wanted to do the BigSister/BigBrother program :)

Lee said...

Those are great! I should write them down and hang them up somewhere.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading that!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Such good words to live by. I think I'll copy these down.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

A beautiful reminder for all of us!

Anonymous said...

These are great! Except that if I did #10, I wouldn't care if anybody talked about it or not. I'd just be happy to have done it.

Anonymous said...

Great List!!!

Anonymous said...

Great List!!!

Anonymous said...

Great List!!!

Anonymous said...

Great List!!!

Michele said...

Well, I wanted to pick a favorite but they are all brilliant! You're an inspiration!

BloggessJ said...

Great principles....I have a little trouble with number 1 though.