Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I've Been Tagged!

In the world of blogging, being tagged means that one of your blogging buddies has petitioned you to participate in an ongoing blog post and you have the responsibility of "paying it forward" and inviting several of your blogging buddies to do the same.



I was tagged by my good friends at Vaughn Family Chaos. The idea behind this tag is to find out more about our blogging buddies by having them list/describe/fabricate 20 random things about themselves that we don't otherwise know from reading their blog.


Here are the official rules:

create a list of 20 random things about yourself, link back to the blog that tagged you, tag 5 new folks by linking to them in your post, then leave a comment on each of their blogs letting them know they've been tagged.

1. I love to play golf.

2. I have hyper-extended knees.

3. I love to coach/mentor kids.

4. In little league I threw a no hitter.

5. In High School I had a cardiac arrest and was officially dead for 6 minutes and 45 seconds before coming back miraculously with no brain damage or other problems.

6. God used a very interesting method of introducing me to the love of my life. To read this truly inspiring story click on the picture of Carey and I on the top right of the page.

7. I owned a professional sound and light company called Premeire Sound Productions in college.

8. I was a Senator in Student Government, officer in my fraternity, and worship coordinator of the Baptist Student Union all while attending Sam Houston State University.

9. My father is a baptist pastor.

10. I have bungy jumped.

11. My favorite color is blue.

12. My favorite sport to watch is football.

13. Favorite food is Mexican.

14. I live my life one day at a time, and dont sweat the small stuff because I know how short life is. Is there really any other way to live?

15. I support YMCA athletics as well as all the other programs that are provided especially to those who cannot afford it for their kids.

16. I enjoy helping others.

17. My family is my life. That includes all of them.

18. I enjoy going to the drive in with my wife and kids.

19. Christmas is my favorite time of the year.

20. God is my only fear.



So here is who I will tag:

Lisa @ Rude Manor

Keri @ Tyler and Ava's World

Misty @ Wind Beneath My Wings

Wibeche @ Beautiful Days

Lee @ Perpetual Burn

15 Soldier's saluted this post:

Rune said...

I love your list

And thank you so much for tagging beautiful days:)

Have a blessed day

Rune said...

I have awards for you on our blog!

Wib.

April said...

What a great list...it was fun getting to know you better! I try not to sweat the small stuff, either...life is very short! I didn't realize your dad is a Baptist pastor...I'm Baptist, too! Woo hoo! Have an awesome day!

Anonymous said...

You're such a cool cat, Tim. It's great to learn more about you.

I can't say I agree about the drive-in though. My memories are hot, sweaty, stinky, and mosquito ridden.

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

i love how you all copied my exact wording in my post, as if that was part of it. i made all that up myself :) your list is great. glad to see that you seem to be feeling better... thanks for participating, just for me :)

Pam said...

Great list! And WOW on #5. That'll take your breath away for a minute. God is great!

Thanks for playing along and have a great day,
Pam

He & Me + 3 said...

Some i knew and some I didn't...I too loveeeeeee Mexican food...probably could eat it every day for lunch. Love it!

Nicole O'Dell said...

Great list! I hate to admit it but my kids and I have never been to a drive in! I'll have to remedy that this summer.

Misty Rice said...

Hey thanks for the pass on. I just did this on my January 30th post..... did you get a chance to read it? Check it out if not.

I enjoyed reading yours.

Lee said...

Hey thanks for tagging me!
I'll definitely do it once I'm finished unpacking. I was just checking on to keep up-to-date with everyone!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

What a miracle that you survived your cardiac arrest in high school! Praise God for that! :)

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Great list! I'm so jealous about the drive-in...I've never been to one let alone taken my family...sounds like fun!

Daphine said...

Great list! I enjoyed getting to know you better. I love Mexican food too! WOW! What a miracle to still be here and tell others about your cardiac arrest in high school. What a true miracle!

Thanks for your prayers and comments left on my last couple of posts. It means a lot to me!

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Me again...
I've got something for you over at my site. Swing by when you get a chance...

Shell in your Pocket said...

Great tidbits of info!
-sandy toe