Saturday, March 21, 2009

Are You a Prayer Soldier?

Do you pray on a daily basis? Do you get on your knees with your children and show them how to talk to God while explaining the importance of it? Do you meditate in prayer over friends and family who are ill or facing adversities? Do you say a blessing before you eat?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you are a Prayer Soldier. We are all Soldier's in Christ's Army. However when we lift others up in His name we are Prayer Soldiers. We wage war against the enemy whether it be disease, finances, relationships, addictions, etc. The more of us there are the stronger our fight.



I know that many of you have seen thru prayer what kind of miracles are possible. So please grab the Fort Thompson Prayer Soldier button and proudly display it on your blog. Let others know that you too are a Prayer Soldier.

As prayer requests come in, all Prayer Soldiers will come together in prayer for the request that is made. Please feel free to email me with any of those friends or family of yours who might be in need of prayer.

I am also working in getting a subscription set up so you can have all prayer requests emailed to you as soon as they are posted. It is our hope that you will join us in prayer and grab your button today.

A special thanks to Hollie at The Drama Mamma (who designs everything at Fort Thompson) for the Prayer Soldier button she put together.

Let us all remember to pray.


Love and Prayers,

19 Soldier's saluted this post:

Always a Southern Girl said...

I never really thought of myself as a prayer soldier before. But I guess I am. I always thought that I had to prayer much harder, and more freverently. Thanks so much for that post today! Renee

Lee said...

Ya know, I noticed you haven't really been commenting my blog anymore.
Are you just busy?

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for allowing us to join in this ministry! I will be adding the button shortly to my blog.

He & Me + 3 said...

I am constantly talking with the Lord. There are so many needs...but He is faithful to hear and answer. I am a prayer warrior. What a wonderful thing to pass down to our children.

Nicole O'Dell said...

What a GREAT idea. thanks for thinking of it! I'll be adding the button to my networking page.

I am Harriet said...

Hi Tim.
Today I'm leaving 100 comments.
Wish me luck!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com

Michele said...

I do consider myself a prayer soldier. Thank you for this post it served as a reminder to me of the importance of teaching my children why we pray. We pray often as a family but I'm not sure that we've ever explained why we pray. I'm adding your button today! (How do you get these buttons? They are so neat!)

April said...

Sign me up...YES to all of the questions you asked! What a great idea and one that will make a difference, hopefully, in the lives of many!

Martha Jones said...

I added the button to my blog. Thank you for reminding us of the importance of prayer!

The Navy Wife said...

The button is up! Bring on the prayers! This is a great post and reminder to all of us. Thanks!

Elyse said...

Button added :) This is a great idea.
~Elyse~

Tim said...

Lee, Yes I have been very busy lately. I guess I set too high a standard in my commenting. I promise I will catch up with everyone. I have just had much going on lately.

Love and Prayers,

Tim

Unknown said...

I have added the button!

Oh.. and please add my two entries to the giveaway for today!

Blessings!

Jennifer said...

Sounds perfect Tim! Count me in.

Keri said...

Beautiful post!

MJW said...

I always pray for our soldiers! Have a great week!

The Silver Age Sara said...

What a beautiful, inspirational blog you have. Thanks for discussing the importance of prayer and urging us to be prayer soldiers.

Michele said...

Tim, Thank you so much for being such an inspiration to me and my family! I love your blog and everything you have to say.

Heatherlyn said...

I know that there is great power in prayer. I have great faith in prayer. But beyond that, I've experienced the healing power of prayer. I'm so grateful for prayer!