Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gettin Froggy With It!


Another feature can you believe it?

Seems that God is smiling on us allot lately. He is so good.

I received an email from the owner of The Blog Frog telling me that he really enjoyed the Angels and Miracles post and would like to feature our blog on the FRONT page of his site. This is a true honor and I am so excited about it.

When visiting The Blog Frog (and I know you will) this is what you will see on the main page. Notice the awesomeness of the blogs that we are listed with? Crazy right? We're not worthy. :) This is what it says, but please feel free to check it out yourself.

Featured Users of TheBlogFrog
My Charming Kids was voted the #1 Mom blog of 2008

by MomDot. MckMama tells it how it is and uses TheBlogFrog

Community Widget to recognize her readers.



c jane enjoy it is the winner of the 2008 weblog awards.

Courtney blogs for NieNie and uses TheBlogFrog Community

Widget to help her blog feel more like a community.


Read about Tim and Carey as they try to hold down

the fort at Fort Thompson. Tim uses TheBlogFrog Community

Widget to increase his blog traffic.




If you do not have a Blog Frog widget then you need to get one QUICK!! Here is why:

It functions as an information piece as it shows whom has been on your blog that links to your site.

It allows you to market your site on other blogs by showing your name and profile info on others Blog Frog widgets that you link to. So every time you link to someones blog make sure that you register. So if you haven't registered here at The Fort make sure you do so now. This will allow you to advertise your blog here every time you visit which will send many Fort Thompson readers your way. All you have to do is put a link on your blog to Fort Thompson (having our button doesn't hurt either) and then go to The Blog Frog widget in my right sidebar. There you will see where others are currently already being marketed on my blog. Go to the bottom of the widget, and click on the button that says "become a Fort Follower". It's as easy as that! You are crazy not to do this. Trust me when I tell you that I have met many people through this social widget.

The Blog Frog community also provides another resource of marketing as others can find your site through different venues such as communities, friends, affiliations, chat walls, etc. It also provides a platform for expanding your followers by visiting sites that are already following many of the same sites that you are.


"The Frog" as I call it will drive traffic to your site and is a ton of fun. Don't just take my word for it, Jennifer @ My Charming Kids (aka MckMama) uses it too. Think of your exposure when people on her site see your info!

That's right, get to hoppin like MckMama and The Fort. Don't just be bloggy, be Blog Froggy!

I want credit for that one Russ!


Please leave a comment on this post when you get your own Blog Frog widget. This way I can come over and register as a follower on your frog! You can find The Blog Frog at www.TheBlogFrog.com. Also please feel free to click on the green "Visit the Fort Thompson Community" link and leave your comments and questions there! This is the part that makes if fun!

25 Soldier's saluted this post:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Jo said...

Cool for you and I am on my way there now!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Hopping over there now...God Bless!

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

I think I figured out the blogfrog widget. And I added it to myblog so you can stop by and link to me too :-)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Way to go...

He & Me + 3 said...

congrats on that one.

Unknown said...

I noticed you up there yesterday (can you say jealous?!) I have been on blog frog for a little while now and LOVE it. I get a lot of my traffic thru the communities there.

Felicia said...

Hey! Thank you for the compliment! I'm a follower too. I'm off to check out the Blog Frog.. I could use all the help I can get!!! Traffic is so slow lately!!

I also enjoy your blog!

Rune said...

Congrats to you:)

Rune

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

NO WAY!! Look at you Mr. Fort Thomspson!! Way to go!! What does one have to do to get such recognition?!?

Amber Dupree said...

So cool for you!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Woot! Woot! You're the bomb-biggety. I'm so glad I 'know' someone famous. :)

Jennifer said...

I added myself and the widget: http://www.rundpinne.blogspot.com

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Very cool! I added the chat widget to my side bar. I like the idea of it. Plus, frogs are cute.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

That's pretty cool Tim. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tim. Thanks for visiting, commenting and being my first member on the Blog Frog. You definitely were the one that introduced me to Blog Frog and I look forward to the people I will meet through it.

I enjoy your posts and look forward to reading many more.

Always a Southern Girl said...

I am going to try the blogfrog widgit! Thanks

Cher said...

Thanks for inviting me over! I joined Blog Frog forever ago and I kinda forgot about it. After I get my blog makeover all cleaned up and organized I will focus more on it and link to you!

BloggessJ said...

Congrats to you. I just joined Blogfrog and I like it alot...Haven't figured it all out yet though but like it alot.

Census said...

Thanks for dropping by today..it's great to meet you!!
You convinced me Blog Frog sounds a wonderful idea...I've just joined. Thanks for the pointer.
June

The Drama Mama said...

Hi, Friend! This is so very cool! Are you still going to be my friend when you get really famous? :)

Sorry I haven't been able to comment much lately...things have been busy. And I haven't forgotten about the button either. I am hoping I can get on that today...I will be in touch! Prayers to you and your family!

Cascia Talbert said...

Congratulations! I'll have to check the blog frog out.

Anonymous said...

PS after this post I signed up for blogfrog, I love it! Thanks for the advice!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for walking me through this the other night. I was having a brain freeze!! Thanks again!!! You're the BEST!!!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Wow!! That widget is great...I see it everywhere! Thanks for the info, I added it and thanks for stopping by!!! I am loving your blog too! I am now a soldier in training! Great blog. Seriously amazing stuff! And the military thing is is a really great idea!