Sunday, March 1, 2009

Not Me Monday

It's time again for MckMama's Not Me Monday. If you aren't already doing this you should get on over to her blog and get started!




It seems as though many of you are putting some pressure on me as you seem to think that you can't miss my Not Me's because you have found them so humorous. I'm glad I can put some laughter in your day, however I honestly don't know what you find funny or not. So I will do my best to live up to the expectation.

It was NOT Me that was sent a 400 dollar editing tablet (to be used for retouching photos by hand) in the mail by my wife only to find out later it was to improve her standing with me so I would agree to let her get a Blackberry Phone. Only to let her order it the VERY next day from Verizon. No that was certainly NOT ME. I'm not that weak am I? Yeah I guess I am.

It was also Not Me who had my nephew tell me that people were animals before they were people. Really? They are teaching 2nd graders about Darwin's Theory of Evolution? I set him straight on that real quick and made sure he understood that God made people and that they were made in his image. It was also not me who walked out of class in the 8th grade when my science class talked about that.

Then it was Not Me who at dinner tonight had my daughter ask me "daddy why doesn't everyone have a family?" It was also Not Me who replied "everyone does have a family" only to have her say "no they don't". Then to make things worse it was NOT ME who says (not thinking) "everyone does have a family because it takes a mommy and a daddy to make a baby." It was NOT ME that was thinking (WHAT DID I JUST GET MYSELF INTO!!) It is NOT ME that's about to have the birds and the bees convo with my 6 year old. NO WAY!!! It's NOT ME by the way that has a gun by my door, and wont let my daughter wear makeup until shes like 30. No way that is me! So I changed the subject and asked her to turn around at the table and quit talking. Or maybe it was NOT ME who needed to stop talking.

And lastly, for those of you who seem so enthused to hear about my daughters flatulence. It was NOT ME that laughed when I heard some butt slappin coming from her direction (only because she was trying so hard to hold it in and I could see the redness building in her face) only to have her come over and slap me a few times because it embarrassed her. Strange thing is its never embarrassed her before.

And since you all like to laugh at my expense so much, it was NOT ME that went to the bathroom while having a house guest standing right outside the bathroom door, try my best to do my business quietly only to have the sound of a dying seal emanate through the bottom of the toilet and then reverberate all through an all tile bathroom. NO WAY that was not even me! You know why? Because it was my daughter from the other room! Yeah! It was NOT ME that just tried to blame that on my daughter either.

So make you way over to MckMama's and join in the fun. Also, make sure you browse thru all the different Not Me's. Oh and tell me if you have or had grandparents that were that free with their gas. It's NOT ME that's asking that question.

27 Soldier's saluted this post:

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

Okay, I'm laughing out loud now and Hubby thinks I lost my mind.

Great NMM!

Unknown said...

I love your bathroom escapade with your daughter. Oh boy! Sounds way too much like my house! Poor kids got it form their daddy (that's my house--not blaming you for what's going on at your place at all!)

Leah said...

Ok, I'm all for flatulence jokes, but to blame it on your sweet little girl? Get a dog!

Nicole O'Dell said...

HAHA. She's embarrassed now because she knows it will get posted on the internet! lol

Nicole O'Dell said...

HAHA. She's embarrassed now because she knows it will get posted on the internet! lol

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

you are definitly a good Not me-er!

Nikki B. said...

while the air escaping the backsides of men, are so accurately described by you as "the sound of a dying seal"...

the air that escapes the backsides of women..."sweet juniper" hit the nail on the head when he said...

in the girls restroom, "flatulence is as delicate as the fluttering of fairy wings!"

isn't that beautiful!?!

Cherry Blossom said...

That is too funny! I also did NOT have an episode in the bathroom this week! NOT ME!

Keri said...

Good for you that you corrected the whole Darwin situation. We had something similar happen last week with Dillon. And he's in Kindergarten! Amazing what they're teaching in early education these days. Makes me sort of angry in fact.

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS HILARIOUS MY FRIEND!! Great NMM! Have a wonderful week :)

Jennifer said...

Fantastic NMMs. :)

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

LOL Loved all of it. Especially the gun by the door ... my husband can relate already and she's only 9 months. *sigh*

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy said...

Oh my Tim... TMI, TMI!!

So silly...

Visit my "Not Me Monday" HERE!

Mrs. M said...

That was hilarious! I especially love how children can ask what they think is a simple question and we can turn it into a very complex, how do I answer THIS, issue!

annies home said...

when they started to teach that to the 6th graders around here my child along with several others calmly stood up walked out of the room and walked to the office to where they asked for their mothers to be called. Can you imagine what I thought?

Kricia Morris Photography said...

hahahaha...poot humor is always fabulous! Thank you for your amazing blog comment, I can't wait to connect with you further!

:) Kricia

He & Me + 3 said...

YEs, I must still be 12 because I think tooting is funny...unless I have to be the one smelling it. But hearing it and talking about it still makes me laugh! LOL

April said...

Tim~
Oh, you'd better believe the pressure is on, buddy! We expect outstanding humor, just like today, every single Monday, if not more! We live for this stuff! You, absolutely, crack me up! The bathroom scene was the icing on the cake!

Sending blessings your way!!!

mama's smitten said...

Yes Tootin is funny my house! My kids have been Flarpin up a storm. Yep I said FLARP. Have you heard of it? It's this goey stuff that you sqeeze in its container and it sound like obnoxious fart noises! It is so funny! Great Post!

Esther said...

I remember arguing with my 10th grade biology teacher about evolution. Not an easy thing, that's for sure!

And the farting--As a mother of two boys, and wife of one big boy, I'd like to say I'm used to it. Why are farts so funny? I just don't understand...

Carma Sez said...

No makeup until 30 huh? Sounds like my childhood :-)
carma

Lee said...

I've always believed in Evolution AND god. It frustrates me when people think that evolution isn't possible.

Just being honest, not muckraking.

Unknown said...

Love the dinner conversation! On the spot moments, cute how you told her to turn around a stop talking...I'll have to remember that one! Have a great week Tim.

Pam said...

Oh you make me laugh so hard! Poor Taylor taking the heat for her Daddy.

Tim, how could you do that to that sweet, innocent little angel who, alongside you, disputes Carey's comment saying "Bottle Caps do not taste like @$$!" Shame on you ;-)

Have a great week,
Pam

BloggessJ said...

I giggled all the way through this post.

Jo said...

Stop by my place for an award for you on Wed. in the AM!

Ms. Florida Transplant said...

You blame your girl?! I actually completely understand - I'm thankful I have dogs that are glued to my side to blame, too. :)