Monday, January 19, 2009

Don't HATE this Post!

Ok for all you wonderful ladies out there that read The Fort, please don't leave me hate comments after reading this, and if you must can you please make them in a loving way? Don't worry I'm a big boy and I can handle it if you do.

To my wife,

Please accept my apology in advance of reading this and know how much I love you. Some day you will forget I even posted this.


Ok so this is the conversation that I just had with my daughter on the way home from dinner. She was talking to me about vacations. I just didn't know how to resist not sharing this. Again sweety I'm sorry. :)

Taylor: Daddy? When is the next time we are gonna stay in a hotel?

Daddy: I don't know sweety why?

Taylor: Because I like staying in hotels.

Daddy: Me too sweety, I like them allot.

Taylor: Mommy doesn't like hotels daddy.

Daddy: (Long Pause) Ummmm......She just doesn't like the cost.

Taylor: Daddy?

Daddy: Yes sweety?

Taylor: Mommy's CHEAP!!!!

This was just too rich in my opinion not to post.

By the way, I have gotten allot of great comments on how many of you enjoy the humor in this blog. Therefore I will do what I can to bring you more of it since I am a true believer in that laughter is the best medicine.

So if you really enjoy a good laugh, go and check out this Not Me Monday post from my new friend Nikki at Life as We Know It. It is the funniest thing I have read all day. It is for sure a DON'T MISS POST!!! Make sure you leave her a comment and tell her Fort Thompson sent ya!

24 Soldier's saluted this post:

Nicole O'Dell said...

Good for Mommy! Stay cheap, Carey...sounds like Tim could use a dose of frugal now and then. ;)

Courtney and the Boys said...

That's it...I'm removing myself as a follower....

That is too stinkin' funny. Write it all down, Tim. You will forget it all too soon!!!!!!

Court

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

KIDS LOVE IT .. MOMMY YOU GO GIRL .. WITH THE PRICES OF THINGS THESE DAY'S HOME SWEET HOME LOOKS , SMELLS AND SOUNDS GOOD.

Unknown said...

That is so stinking funny. So happy you posted it.

He & Me + 3 said...

I prefer frugal...that is what this mommy is:)

Lisa Noel said...

totally blog worthy. but i'll join the cheap club too.

Lisa Noel said...

totally blog worthy. but i'll join the cheap club too.

Nikki B. said...

Great post...I love those little conversations in the car!!

Thanks for the plug, Tim!!! It's so appreciated!

P.S. If I ever see the "jackass"...I'm sure I'd kick him...at least...maybe spit in his face...prolly break his jaw...and his nose!!!

Elyse said...

HILARIOUS :) Simply HILARIOUS!!!
~Elyse~

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Too funny...and of course, you had to share!

April said...

That is too cute...so happy you shared it! Laughter IS the best medicine!

Aspiemom said...

Cheap has other connotations. I prefer "frugal". (And good for her!)

So funny! I hope that you are forgiven soon for the post.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Daddy's the cheap-o in our family, so no offense taken. ;)

Love the things that pop out of the mouths of our kids...so cute.

Lady Christie said...

You won a blog award!! Go to my blog to pick it up. http://ladychristie.blogspot.com/

Misty Rice said...

Thats too funny! Love it.

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm CHEAP.......and proud of it! :)

Plus, I just like knowing where I'm sleeping and who cleaned what. :)

Anonymous said...

She might not even be mad at you....she might revel in that title, as well she should. :)

Amy said...

Adorable! I use my blog a lot to record the silly conversations we have with our kids. No need to apologize!

Erin said...

I would like to stay in a hotel any day. My husband would rather stay in a tent. :)

Jaysi said...

I think that is pretty darn funny!!! Ha, ha!!!

Jessy said...

Too cute! Hi, Tim - I'm a friend of Tiffany Boren's and see your comments all the time, so thought I'd pop in for a visit.

Christy said...

I just found you and am totally laughing! Enjoying your blog(s)!

I'll be back for sure!!!

Christy said...

I just found you and am totally laughing! Enjoying your blog(s)!

I'll be back for sure!!!

Kimberly said...

My son is three and just getting to that phase where he says things we cant place, have no idea where they came from. Gives me such appreciation for this post! HILARIOUS!!