Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thanksgiving Thursday

I am starting this because I believe so compassionately in how important it is for us to always be thankful for the good things we have. It keeps us grounded and separates us from sad and envious feelings we may have about things we don't have.

Please visit Nicole at What a Trip if you are interested in getting involved in sharing those things that you are so thankful to be blessed with on Thursdays.


>>




Today I am thankful for people.

1. My God
2. My wife
3. My kids even when they fart in public
4. My parents
5. My country's troops who serve to protect the rights and freedoms we so often take for
granted
6. My sister and her family
7. My wife's parents
8. My sister in law and her family
9. My friend Cory in Tulsa who I don't get to see nearly enough.
10. My newly acquired bloggy friends like Tiffany, Courtney, Misty, and Nicole.



I know this wasn't very interesting, but give me a break it was just the first one. I promise to put more thought into it next week.

14 Soldier's saluted this post:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

very nice!

Courtney and the Boys said...

GREAT idea, Tim. And I'm just as grateful to have met you. God bless you and your family.

Courtney and the Boys

Nicole O'Dell said...

Hee hee...well when you spend all of your time helping me with HTML stuff...

Great list! I'm thankful for my bloggy friends too--they keep me sane. :)

thanks for joining in for Thanksgiving Thursday!

Tiffany said...

Thankful for you too, Tim and the rest of the wonderful people God has brought into my life. Especially my kids who also fart in public. So glad we have tons in common! :)

Tiff

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

excellent idea!!

your blog is the first time I have seen myself on the BlogFrog; not sure why it puts Twitter next to mine instead of a pic from my blog :(

Shell in your Pocket said...

Great things to be thankful for!
-sandy toe

Jaysi said...

What a lovely idea. It is easy to get caught up in what we don't have...but really we are so blessed each and every day!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is always nice to "meet" new people.

Anonymous said...

What a great thankful list!

He & Me + 3 said...

I think it is a perfect list. Love the kids comment and the post about it! LOL

Elyse said...

What an awesome list!
~Elyse~

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

Hi Tim (and Carey)!! It's so nice to "meet" you - we always love meeting fellow Aggies!! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog - of course you can put links on yours! I've got a button on each blog you're welcome to grab if you want to go that route too.

Your kids are adorable, by the way! A picture of what I'd like my life to be like - several years from now!!! :) Hope you're doing well and I look forward to keeping up with you!!

God bless!!

Mandy

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

This is a lovely list. I would join you in being thankful for so many wonderful people in my life...

Claremont First Ward said...

Gratitude is So important! I so agree.

Brenda said...

I like the practice of a weekly thankful post. I do one every Friday as I reflect on the things I am thankful for that week. It helps keep me focused on what is good in my life