Saturday, January 17, 2009

Update on Harper

Here is the newest update from Kelly on baby Harper. Please continue to pray for them.


I wanted to give you a little glimpse at my future Miss Arkansas!
These are the best pictures we have of her right now because we have to be careful not to stimulate her by touching her or talking too loud or using a flash. We will get a MILLION pictures of her once she gets good and healthy - but for now we just want her to get well.



We think she is the most precious thing we've ever seen. I love her so much. I just can't wait for the day I can hold her and sing to her and feed her and dress her and play with her!

I'm sorry we are just now getting an update to you. My parents and I got to Tulsa about 5 yesterday. We were immediately greeted by a sweet couple who live in the area and had read my blog and had been in our situation and just wanted to comfort us and let us know they were thinking of us - they brought us a big bag of snacks and magazines and necessities. We took their picture but I'm having technical difficulties. Kuykendalls - thank you so much! Our Sunday School teachers came and sat with Scott most of the day yesterday and brought us a lot of things to help us as well. That was such a comfort to Scott.
And then out popped my blog friend Caroline and her mother! They had driven from Dallas all the way to see me. I had always hoped we would meet in real life one day and never dreamed it would be this way but we were so blessed to have them come and it just gave us a HUGE lift. (I am SOOOOOOOOO swollen from all the fluids I was given and from crying for the last 2 days - so excuse the way I look) (not that it matters).
We have had SO many people who have read my blog and are in the area bring us flowers and letters and cards and just give us encouragment. You hopefully know who you are and I hope to thank you somehow. We are overwhelmed with the outreach of so many people. I haven't had a chance to read all of my comments and e-mails. I may not respond to you right now but I want you to know that we have cried a thousand tears over how much each and every word of encouragment and prayer has meant to us. Know that we are SO eternally grateful. We would never be able to bear this if we didn't know we were covered in prayer.

We are waiting to hear from the doctor today and I will let you know what he says. Right now she is still stable but in VERY critical condition. They think she could be having heart issues. We may have a very long road ahead of us but we believe that God is going to heal our baby and He is going to use her in a very mighty way. We know God says in the Bible that when two or more agree in His name - He will answer. And we know we have 2 or 3oo,ooo people praying for us. Our prayer is that all who pray for Harper will see God's might and power and His love in the miracle we know He is going to do for us.

We love you all - whether we know you or not. Please keep praying.

Please visit Kelly's site, there is a button a little further down this post, and a link to Kelly's Korner in my blog roll.

Tim





*******UPDATE*******

Update from Kelly

11:30 Saturday

Praise Jesus for He is good!!! Scott just called to tell me that he just went to see Harper and the nurse said she is not even on the list for bypass (ECMO) because the doctor thinks she is responding so well to what they are doing she may not even need it. We were told in not so many words yesterday that she may not survive at all and because of so many prayers all over the world - she is improving hour by hour. We have had so much kindness shown to us over the last 24 hours - I can not even begin to tell you. Scott has had several people that we don't know but who read our blog come to see him and even brought him things. He just called me crying because he couldn't believe the kindness we have been shown. It's so overwhelming. Our whole family has cried so much because of the overwhelming kindness of friends and strangers. It certainly has encouraged us to do more for others ourselves.



Update from Kelly: Email she just sent me at 11:30am CST Saturday

Thank you SOOOOOO much - we feel God's blessings on us already - she is improving hour by hour!

*****************************************

Please be in prayer for the Stamps family. Their precious girl Harper was born weighing in at well over 9 lbs. but is having some very serious problems. Kelly is a PK like me and they are a very strong Christian family that is in desperate need of our prayers. Please pray for them. They are at St. Francis in Tulsa which is the same hospital that Carey gave birth to Taylor in.





Please visit their site and send them you love as well as let them know that Harper is in your prayers. You can also read a bit about Harper on Angie Smiths site.

15 Soldier's saluted this post:

Rune said...

We will Continue to pray.

Rune og Wibeche

He & Me + 3 said...

Praying for Harper.

April said...

Isn't that wonderful news??? Thanks so much for posting about her...GOD is so very good!!!

Nicole O'Dell said...

I read about this on my mobile so I've been praying and will continue to!

Hollie said...

will continue to pray...

God is good.

Anonymous said...

On my way over there now to show a little more love and prayers...they'll just keep on coming!

Mommy2Twinkies-Deb said...

I will keep her in my prayers. Wow that's tough.

Daphine said...

Already praying for little Harper!

Lee said...

Oh thank goodness she's improving! I favorited that blog so that I could keep up with it. I was so worried! I'll continue praying. : )

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

oh i'am so praying for that babay girl.

May God continue to watch over this family and give them the love and the strength that they need.
May G od once again show off and show us that miracles are real and do happen.


thanks so much for your sweert commnets on my pictures . it was fun doing other childre other then mine, well i had mione too and could not resist. thanks again . have a blessed day and spread the word about wednesdays new adventure will have fun....

Liz said...

Praying for Harper.... My oldest son was born at St. Francis in Tulsa...small world. I can barely come to your site because it makes me cry listening to the 9/11 tribute.
Liz

Rune said...

Thank God for his goodness. We will continue to pray. –Rune.

Kayla said...

This poor family has been on my mind since Friday!1 I just know that God will bring precious Harper home 100% healthy to Kelly and Scott!!...and Dawson :)

Y'all have a BEAUTIFUL family!!!

Us said...

God is good...all the time!!! Praying at The Young's!

Mandy Hornbuckle said...

That's sweet of you to post this. We'll be praying.

I added your button to my blog too!!