Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Taylor Talk

We haven't had many of these lately as Taylor is getting older now and knows better what to say and not to say around people. However today she said something that made me laugh so hard I had to share.

We were looking for a camera disc that I had lost. Thus the reason that our Christmas pictures aren't up yet. Anyway, I had told her that if she found it she would get a really neat surprise. Let me just say that she was trying really hard.

So she tells me that there is something that she wants to say but she doesn't want to say it because she knows she wont get the surprise. So I say, what do you want to say Taylor, that you cant find the disc? She says yes she doesn't want to say that because she knows she wont get it, so I tell her to keep looking. She goes immediately into deep thought and then says the following.

"Well maybe Wilson (Will's nickname) got it and took it in his room and hood it".

Oh that was FUNNY just typing it. Maybe you would have had to hear her say it. Anyway she was trying to find the past tense form of hide which of course is hid. She didn't know it so she made up "hood" it. Too funny if you ask me.

22 Soldier's saluted this post:

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

very cute!! I love kidspeak!!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS I'M TOUCHED THAT YOU WITH A DEGREE THINKS MY STUFF SEEMS GOOD. I JUST HAVE BEEN TAKING MY 2 LITTLE ANGELS AND LEARNING MY PHOTOSHOP, I LOVE IT, I AM INLOV WITH B%W AS YOU CAN TELL, IY JUST MAKES A PICTURE TALK TO U , I PERFORE IT AND HAVE LOVED DOING IT. HAVE TO GET MY DAUGHTER READY MY 4 SECONDS ARE NOW UP CHAT LATER.

I HAVE BEEN DOING THE SCRAP BLOGGING FOR A WHILE NOW, CHECK SOME OF MY OTHER POSTS IN THE PAST I LOVE IT.AGAIN THANK YOU FOR THAT SWEET ENCOURGAGING COMMENT COMING FROM A PHOTOGRAPHER I'M HONORED. I TOOK EVERY ONE OF THOSE PICTURES. BUT BACK TO TEH SCRAPING I DO IT ALL THE TIME STICK AROUND YOU WILL SEE LOT OF MY POSTS THAT WAY. I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY BLOG AND THE EDITING MYSELF AS WELL. I DID MY RECENT BLOG ALL MY SELF AND LOVED IT. EVEN WITH A COLOR HEARDER CHRISTMAS STOEY WAS A HIT BUT THIS PICTURE I TOOK SPOKE TO ME WE Are called circle of life a familying walkinh throught the path jesus set out for us.! stay tuned i'm excited about the new setting coming soon, it just take alot of time to do , edit and positionto that way you want so i'm taking my time no big rush inbetween my picture taking and learning this editing program i got this book that gives me projects and teaches me , and well being a mama two two wondertful girls one 9 and one 2 need i sat more oh of course a wife too time a limited. thanks again. blessings michelle !

Misty Rice said...

Im laughing, that is hilarious! Tell her I still make up my own words most of the time. Most of them having two words made into one some how. I don't know how my brain does that!!!! Or Ill say a a word that is similar to the word I am trying to say and it comes out funny when you say the wrong word at the wrong moment. Yea....that's me!

I can't say "naked" it comes out "necked" no matter how hard I try.

I can't say "groin" it comes out "growin".

Oh and the list goes on and on.....

My friend Heather just made a post today too about her little boy saying stuff, and I had to share with her something Hunter had said when he was young.

Then you post this....

So today must be a "My Child Said This, Tuesday".

Hey I think I just came up with a weekly post! LOL

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Carey - love the new look on your blog :) Thanks for your comments on mine!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Tim :) Thanks for letting me know. I guess the camo look could've clued me in. LOL!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog..I love new "blog friends"..you can add me to anything you want:)!

I love your blog...it's great!!! Your kids are so cute...you son reminds me of mine at that age..but not anymore! Enjoy all those cute things they say!
Have a great day!
-sandy toe

He & Me + 3 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You can add a link to our blog on yours that would be fine. your children are so cute and I love that she said Hood instead of hid. Too cute.

Tiffany said...

Hey girl! Yes, please feel free to email me! My email is under my profile after you click on view profile. I'm going to be out and about tomorrow AM but should be able to respond in the afternoon. FYI, I'm on Pacific Coast Time.

Talk to you soon!
Tiff

Tiffany said...

Errr....uh... Hey Tim! :) Thanks for the email. And now that I've had time to focus more on your post, I'm crackin' up! That girl, what a hoot! Misty and I seem to be a lot alike in this department...

I can never say drawer correctly. I always say "dgwar". Iduhno

And of course I would never admit saying "clumb" as the past tense of "climb". That would be so embarassing!

Loving when this stuff comes out of the mouths of our babes. It's so much cuter (or is that more cute?) coming from them!!! Good stuff, I tell ya! Good Stuff!

Tiff

Nicole O'Dell said...

"hood it" I LOVE it!!!!

Nicole O'Dell said...

Ps, I'm going to grab your button because i love your blog. You recommended that I have one, too. I actually have the button, but I don't know what to do with it. Would you mind emailing me and telling me how you get that little box with the code? Thanks!!!!

nicole.odell@yahoo.com

Tim said...

Tiffany you and Misty are just too funny. At least you can admit you speak that way. Being born and bred in Texas I have a bit of an accent myself. My wife gives me major grief when I say fanger instead of finger. It really does come out that way. I know what your thinking, I think the same thing too right after I catch myself saying it. That is sooooo hillbilly.

Tim said...

Tiffany you and Misty are just too funny. At least you can admit you speak that way. Being born and bred in Texas I have a bit of an accent myself. My wife gives me major grief when I say fanger instead of finger. It really does come out that way. I know what your thinking, I think the same thing too right after I catch myself saying it. That is sooooo hillbilly.

Us said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! I love new friends! Your family is beautiful! And you know whats funny?? My maiden name is Thompson and we are from Oklahoma! Great blog and I'm now a stalker!

forever folding laundry said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I don't mind at all if you add me to your blog list. What a cute family you have! I love what your daughter said - so funny. It's so cute when they mess up words or phrases & I'm always sad when they don't do it any more. My son called the computer that 'pacuter' for the longest time & I contemplated correcting him back to 'pacuter' when he started saying the right word!

Tim said...

I know right. Why cant they just stay this way forever. We need to develop a formula for that or something.

Its funny you say that because my daughter Taylor said pacuter for the longest time. Im not even that sure that its been that long thats shes been saying it right and she just turned 6 Dec 30th.

Liz said...

Hey there!

Wgat a cutie Taylor is and Will is a doll! Very funny...hood it! HA

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments!

You asked how I moved my Followers thing to the top? Just go to customize (right top corner of your blog)...should pop up to add/arrange elements...if not click on that....then just grab your "Follow me" gadget...click and drag it to the top....

Clear as mud?????

Hope that helps...feel free to ask me more questions if you need to!

liz

Stephanie said...

Well hello and happy Wednesday...I hope you have had a fabulous week so far...Anyhow, I love this story! It reminds me of when my younger sister was growing up...she's ten years younger and would always come up with these funny stories and sayings. Man how time goes by quickly. Well, I hope all is well. Have a great Wednesday:))) Take care hun!

Tim said...

Hey Steph! I know I can remember all those times too. The one that sticks out the most to me was the time we were in Home Depot waiting in line to ask a guy a question. There were several people in line behind us. My daughter who was I think about 3 1/2 to 4 at the time was talking to the lady waiting in line behind us. She talks to strangers all the time scary I know. Anyway, the lady is in desperate need of a dental plan if you know what I mean, and my daughter says something to her that makes her smile. You can only imagine what happened after that. Here is the exact verbage from my daughter. Hey lady, I think some of your teeth falled out. Needless to say I couldnt keep from laughing no matter how hard I tried, and the poor lady walked off before my wife and I could apologize. Gotta love those embarrasing moments too.

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Oh my goodness! Your post is laugh out loud funny. Kids give us the absolute best things to blog about, don't they? And your kids. Wow...they look like they should be in a GAP ad or something. Simply darling. :)

I was mindlessly looking at comment's on my long-time friend Keri's (Forever Folding Laundry's) site today and came across your lovely comment. Thought I would stop by your site and take a peek. So glad that I did!

I'll be back for sure!

-Francesca

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I'm new to blogging so I'm excited that anyone would be willing to read my stuff.

And to top it off another Carey! (I think I've only met one other Carey but he was a guy.) Glad to 'meet' you!

McCrakensx4 said...

Thanks for blogging by! It is always nice to meet new frinds! You have adorable kids! I, too love kidspeak, but mine are starting to grow out of it! I wish know I would have writtien down more things! Happy Wendesday!