Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter weekend came and went so fast here at Fort Thompson. However, it couldnt have gone by fast enough for us to forget why we celebrate new life during this holiday.

You will notice in the pictures that Taylor just lost her first tooth from the top. She had lost two bottom teeth before so this was her third, however it is much more noticeable than the bottom ones were. It is a bit sad to see her baby smile going away. We are so proud of how mature she has become, however all these milestones seem to come with some sadness.

I hope that you enjoy the pics. Please make sure to read of our most current dilema at the bottom of this post and give your opinion in the comments. They are much appreciated.
The Easter Bunny Came!

Photobucket
Hunting for Eggs!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Ok, so here is the latest saga at The Fort. Taylor has been asking for a dog for wuite some time. We are in the process of REALLY considering getting one, however we also understand all the committment that is involved. I am asking you to give us your pros, cons, and just opinions on having a dog. Do you think we should? Do you think we shouldnt? I will tell you that the dog we are considering is a Maltipoo. It is a very popular hybrid breed that is a cross between a maltese and a toy poodle. They only get to be about 10 pounds max so they are little house dogs that are very good for kids.

Please share with us all your thoughts.

Also here is a contest:

If we get a dog, and we probably will, you get the chance to name him. Leave as many suggestions for names for a boy dog as you would like. One name per comment please. When we and if we get the dog, if your name is used you will win a great prize to be named later. If we dont use any of the names then we will pick the entry that we liked the best. Sound good? Comment your opinion on the dog first, and then enter away with your doggy names!

There will also be more Easter pics of Taylor and Will on their pages very soon.


Love and Prayers,



36 Soldier's saluted this post:

Rune said...

Adorable pictures:) She is so beautiful.

W

April said...

Tim~
Have I told you that you have the sweetest kids? I know, probably a hundred times, right? Well, they are SO cute! Taylor's smile is precious...yes, she's growing up. Hold on tight, my friend! In the blink of an eye, she'll be getting ready to head off to college (sniff, sniff). Will is adorable...I love the one of him kissing Taylor on the cheek! PRICELESS! You have such a beautiful wife, too!

As far as a dog is concerned, I say, "YES" all the way! Chris and I got our first dog as newlyweds and we had him for 14 years. Not too long after he passed away, we got our dachshund, Maddie, then along came Bella, our Shih-Tzu. They have added so much joy and love to our home. We wouldn't trade them for anything in the world! Having a dog teaches kids reponsibility and what it is to care for another living being. Yes, it can be a lot of work when you're training a puppy, but it's so worth it! I don't think you'll regret getting one.

Now, let me throw in a recommendation. Bella is a Shih-Tzu and she's almost 2 years old and weighs 11 lbs. She DOES NOT shed and doesn't have a doggie odor. She is the SWEETEST dog (no offense to Maddie!)! She's our second Shih-Tzu and they are, by far, my favorite breed. Gizmo, our other Shih-Tzu, was a male and he was very territorial, not in a mean way, though! When he went outside, he had to mark every single blade of grass known to man. I think it's a "guy thing", so that might be something you want to think about. I've found female dogs to be much more laid back, but maybe that's just me.

Hey, I just read about the results of your testing! Praise God that everything came back fine! I know you were so worried, Tim, as were we all. God definitely answered all the prayers that were sent up on your behalf! What a blessing and what a relief!

April said...

Hmmm....for a little male dog, how about Taz?

Anonymous said...

I'm not so sure about the dog thing but the kids are awfully cute in the Easter pics!

Nati @ I will praise Him said...

Beautiful pic, all of them

Courtney and the Boys said...

Yay for a dog. Teaches great responsibility to the kids, too. We got a Maltese the year after we were married (you know when we were married...happens to be the same day you were :) ). Maltese are the BEST! The best part is they don't shed. Good with kids, very loveable...small! We got a girl and named her Olivia, but if we had a boy, we would have named him Dalton. Not sure why...just sounded like cute little man dog's name to us. So that's my suggestion. :)

Happy Easter and great pics of your cutie-pies!

Court

Vaughn Family Chaos said...

Wow....Taylor is beautiful and looks so much like her mom :-)

I say YES to dogs. We have two, larger and outside for the most part. Names are difficult for me; but, anything works for dogs!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Okay...just thought of another one. I know you like to golf, so why not name him Bogey? I know Birdies and Eagles are better than Bogeys, but c'mon...Bogey is so darn cute for a dog. :)

TidyMom said...

As you know, I just got a little Yorkie for my birthday a few weeks ago! and I am just loving him to death and SO enjoying his company!!

We are Twilight freaks in our house, so we named him Cullen - so, since you're such a good guy Tim, I'd let you use his name too! LOL

Cute cute cute Easter pics!!...I miss the days the girls were little. This was the first year we didn't hide Easter eggs - they did still get baskets though.

~TidyMom

Tami said...

Enjoyed the pis! Your kids are absolutely adorable!
I talked with Shad (who is a vet) and he said the dog choice sounded good. I vote for Sargeant or Major (in keeping with the fort theme! :) if its a boy...and Maize is the best I can come up with for a girl.

Anonymous said...

Definitely get a dog so I can live vicariously through you! I want one so bad but am not home enough to take care of one.

Anonymous said...

Austyn

Debbie said...

What incredible photos. It looks like your family had a great Easter.
I'm so glad to hear that your test results came back healthy! That is an answer to prayers.

Lisa Noel said...

great photos!!! your family is beautiful!!!

As for the dog, I have one I'll give you!! :) Does that tell you my thoughts? We have three kids in a little house, but a BIG yard. So when we decided to get a large dog (shepard) for security reasons (our home was broken into twice, once while we were sleeping) I thought it sounded like a great idea. It is not for us. She is a totally spaz and the winter has been very rough because she's not calm enough to have in the shared living space while the kids are about so she's spent too much time caged up and that led to some naughty behavior. We're hoping now that the weather is getting better things will get better as she's out a ton now.

Pineapple Princess said...

Beautiful family! Love the big pictures. It looks like you guys had a really fun day!

Martha Jones said...

What a beautiful family you have, Tim! Loved the pictures!!

Heatherlyn said...

First off, your kids are adorable! Your son looks like an angel cherub!

The dog. Our kids wanted a dog. And we carefully pondered the breed (my husband is allergic to any animal with real fur so we had to get a dog that doesn't have "fur" like a poodle, or yorkie). And we got a Yorkie. And the kids love her. She's very sweet. But my advice is DON'T DO IT!!!!!!! We would never have done it.

The dog always wants to be inside with the family. Always. Dogs are like that. So if you have a big dog it will always be in the house. WIth the family. Or the dog will be depressed. It is CRUEL to leave a dog outside by themself all the time. So if the dog will be an outdoor dog DO NOT GET IT. So if you get a big dog. Big dogs shed. And smell.

Guess what. Little dogs smell too.

I HATE dog smell. HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE it. Be prepared to have your dog bathed and groomed often. This helps. But likely, you will be dealing with dog smell on some level. That alone is a reason enough for me to not have a dog. THEY STINK!

Try to find a non smelly breed, if you must.

And look for a breed that is easy to potty-train.

We have a doggie door. And if we are awake and the dog can be with us, for the most part, the dog goes to the bathroom outside. But if we are sleeping or not at home the dog will poop inside. Who knows why. We do have a doggie crate that we put the dog in when we sleep or go somewhere. But really, it's like having a constant toddler.

No matter how sweet the dog is. And how much the kids love her, and the kids DO love her. A lot. I will be counting down the years until she passes away!!!!! Because I hate stinky, poopy dogs in MY house.

EtsyBABY Team Captain said...

Wonderful Blog!

LeAnna said...

First of all, your kids are so stinkin cute! They both have such pretty hair, although your son might not want to have "pretty" hair when he gets older, but they are both precious.

Now as for the dog! YES! I am a huge dog lover and very big on adopting them and not buying one that has been breed, but that is another story. Anyway, I have (had, we had to have one put down 12/31-Madie) two miniature Dachshunds Ms Madie and Mollie Sims and we have a cocker spaniel/lab mix, Macy, that was a rescue and I couldn't imgine life without any of them! The good thing about having a dog is the fact that it helps teach kids resposibilty. Now my only thing is that I am definately a bigger fan of female dogs than I am make, only because females are easier to house-break and they dont think they have to pee on EVERYTHING!! Something you might want to think about especially if its going to be an inside dog, but thats just my opinion. As for the brees, I have several friends who have maltepoos and LOVE them. My favorite thing about them is the dont shed, that because of the poodle in them. And not sheeding is always a good thing, dog fur is the worst thing to have to keep cleaned up.

LeAnna said...

I seem to be partial to 'M' doggy names for some reason (hence Ms. Made, Mollie Sims and Macy) so I have always like Max, Mason and Miller for boy dogs. Or maybe even Massey (MASS-e), thats a good one too.

mama's smitten said...

Your kids have great Smiles!Looks like they really enoyed their egg hunt!

I am Harriet said...

Hi Tim
Glad you had a great holiday. Your kids are adorable. How are you feeling?

huggs.

He & Me + 3 said...

Those were such great pictures. Love the kids outfits...so cute.
I don't have any opinion on a dog, because we are in the same boat. the dog you are talking about sounds good though. I always worry about my house smelling like dog...that is my big concern.
No names...I am not very creative in the name department.
Can't wait to see pictures of the new doggie though:)

Anonymous said...

Those are great pics Ft Thompson! Some cute kids you have there! Thanks for sharing!!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Gorgeous children, and lovely family!!

I say go for the dog. We don't have one, because of lack of space and yard. The breed you have chosen sounds perfect! Can't wait to see the newest member of your family:)

Lee said...

Seeing these pictures made me so nostalgic for the times when I got to put on my easter dress and hunt eggs. Taylor and Will looked so cute and happy!

And for a dog's name... Well, this may sounds stupid, but I always loved the name Sparrow for a boy cat or dog. Especially if it's a black puppy.
The name is sort of powerful, sort of pirates of the carribean, but still cute.

Elyse said...

Heck yes on the dog...yes it is a responsibility but a learning lesson(s) for the kiddos. Plus a built in friend for everyone. Not sure on the name though...depends on the breed and if it is male or female.
Glad you all had a great Easter!
~Elyse~

Unknown said...

Very cute pic's of the little ones! I love their Easter outfits! Even though we do not yet have a dog I say yes to that! And about a name ~ I think if your getting a small dog it should have a BIG name, possibly 2 names. Like Bob Thompson or Bo Thompson... Good luck with that!

Unknown said...

First of all, your kids are beyond adorable!

I think dogs are great for kids, but not for me personally. I think I'd go a little crazy with a dog. I am stuffed in my house as it is with 7 people in 3 bedrooms. But hopefully you have more space than I do.

As for a name, how bout "Doug"? That's my son's stuffed dog's name, and in my opinion the perfect name for a dog! Haha! Doug the Dog!

Carebear said...

The pics are adorable! Love Will's outfit! I want to steal it for my own little Beast! Awwww... a maltipoo. Too cute! I've wanted a dog for years, but we have no yard and a tiny house. Recently my sister moved to town with her (big) dog, and everytime we visit we leave covered in dog hair, and her house smells like dog. So now, I'm rethinking whether I want a dog or not. I'll be interested to hear how you all adjust to being puppy parents...

Lauren said...

I love the family pictures, Tim!!! Hoppe you had a GREAT Easter!!! :o)

angie {the arthur clan} said...

It looks like you had an awesome Easter together! Super-cute photos. :)

Melissa Miller said...

Once again I must tell you that your children are soooo beautiful!

Love the pic of Will kissing Taylor.
So sweet! :)

Nicole O'Dell said...

Be still my heart. They are painfully adorable. How do you stand it?

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Tim! I absolutely love all these pictures! YOur kiddos are beautiful and so photogenic - the camera sure does love them! And It's fun to see Carey (sp?) - she's a knockout :) Glad you guys had a fun Easter!

Daphine said...

Oh my goodness! Your kids are sooooooooooooo cute! You truly have a beautiful family!