Monday, April 27, 2009

Vlogemotions Dont Miss It!!




The Rules:

1. Post a video at least 1 minute in length but no longer than 3.

2. Speak about the strongest emotion you felt that week and why.

This can be joy, happiness, fear, sadness, embarrassment, humility, anger, etc. Whichever emotion you felt the strongest talk about this. Do so with passion and hold nothing back. This will give your readers the opportunity to get to know you better. It will also make your blog more appealing because people will want to come back and see your videos.

3. Put your blog into the Mr. Linky here at The Fort so that all others can view your vlog posts.

4. Come back every week with a new vlog post and a different emotion.


That's it! Pretty simple eh? Now I know that many of you are thinking "there is NO way I'm getting in front of a camera". Look at it as an opportunity to test your courage. You'll be glad you did and so will your readers.

I will also hopefully have a button that you will be able to post with your vlog entry when it starts on Thursday.

If you like this new carnival type and would like to share it with others by blogging about it, please feel free. Let me know when you do so as I will have a drawing for those who do. The prize will be determined later.

The first post along with Mr. Linky will go up on Thursday, so get your cameras and popcorn ready. Vlogemotions starts Thursday.

Leave a comment below to let us all know you will be participating.

Happy Vlogging!



Love and Prayers,


32 Soldier's saluted this post:

He & Me + 3 said...

Tim...
You are a genius. Great carnival. Not sure I will be joining in...I just don't have that much to say, but I will enjoy seeing everyone elses.
This is gonna be huge!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Great idea, it will be fun to see what people come up with. I'm with MiMi, not sure I will have one, but it will be great to see everyone elses.

Nikki B. said...

well, of course i'm in!

Nikki B. said...

dude...i so have my first vlog topic for this week.

i'm gonna blog about this one time when i almost sh** myself because a friend of mine played a mean and horrible prank...runs the whole gamut of emotion. fear, guilt, nausea, compassion -- wait, i don't have compassion -- anger, relief, humor, and vengeance. yup, you heard me right, sweet, sweet revenge!!!

he's a good friend...but, can be such an A**...notice the capital A!!

nothing but love for ya, bubbles!!

Erin said...

Just thinking about this gives me a tiny panic attack inside!

But I loved watching your vlog, and getting to know the person behind the writing. Great idea!!

Robynn's Ravings said...

I'll think about this one, Tim. Frankly, I think I'm pretty annoying in person. Might oughta stick to the written word! :)

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

I will totally link up on thursday. I might not have one every week but this week I do for sure!!! =) Great idea! Love it!

April said...

Wowza, Tim...talk about forcing us out of our comfort zones! Hmmm...I'll give this some serious consideration...really I will! I've always had a hard time with how I sound (and look!) on video...does "You might be a redneck" ring a bell? LOL!

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

I agree with April, I have a hard time seeing myself on video. This is probably why I will try to force myself to do it. I'm hoping after time, I'll be more comfortable with it.

Anonymous said...

You sound just like I expected you would. I actually vlogged last week and will do it again but not sure I would do it every week. I will tune into yours however. I have to say that first Vlog was so nerve wracking but then as I was getting the comments the fear left.

Misty Rice said...

This looks interesting...ill check out others. Very creative.

PS: Where is the love? Notice my button isn't on your page anymore.

I may have to go vlog about that. LOL

Tim said...

Your right. I have no idea what happened to it but I will repost it for ya!

Tim

Barclay Kathryn said...

Thanks for your compliments, I look forward to getting to know your family! : )

RI Kids Consignment Sale said...

Oh geeze Tim! You know how hard it was to do that one video? I will have to contemplate this a bit more. I suck at talking to myself on film. Oh and you'd better put an explicit lyrics warning on Nikki's entres! Ha! I love that girl!

Lee said...

I'll definitely be participating, as long as I can remember. I set a reminder in my phone to do it when I get back from the chiropractor. :)

Veronica Lee said...

I've just gathered enough courage to post my picture on my blog!! And as for a video,er... I don't have the guts yet!!!

God Bless!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Look at you! How fun you are!!!

Enjoyed watching it~

sandy toe

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

I cant wait to watch all the videos....this was a great idea Tim! Maybe someday I will figure out how to load a video and I can join up too, lol

Jennifer said...

Tim,
As you know, I cannot vlog, however I am spreading the word now and will do a blog post later!

heidi said...

Heya :-) Thanks for stopping by. I do think I'll participate.

Note to self: Shower tomorrow.

Welch Design Studio said...

Hi Tim! Thank you for your kind words about my blog. Right now I am such a newbie...I have no idea what I am doing. This vlogging post is so interesting. As much as I would love to do it...I am soooo not ready. I would love to follow you and check out the videos though.
thanks so much for your inspiration!!!!

April said...

Well Tim.......I'll think about it.....just not sure I'm ready for the big screen!

E @ Scottsville said...

What a unique concept. Can't wait to see what people LOOK LIKE in real life and to get to hear them, too? Wow!

Melissa said...

I just gave you an award on my blog.

Tim said...

Melissa, You ROCK!!

Jenni said...

Some day, I am going to get BRAVE and Vlog!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Came by the way of Heidi..was a great idea..I did my first vlog a week ago..and dared Heidi..she did it and well now I think we think we are destined super stars ;)
However it's like you say it gives our readers a better perspective of who we are not just who we say we are!

I'll be praying about what to share next!

Again Kudo's to a great idea..I'll be following!

Anonymous said...

Oh man...you are brave like that but I don't know. My thoughts are not that interesting. It will be fun to watch the others though. Great idea! Can't wait.

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

Very cool idea!

I've got a 'green' award for you at my place. The code is at the very bottom of the post...

Tyne said...

What a great idea, I will pray about participating... think it would be fun. Does it have to be a full minute? That's a Loooooong time to talk grown-up!

BloggessJ said...

I sooo want to participate but have no idea how to actually go about doing the vlog! So frustrating! Have a great weekend!

Mimi said...

I participated! I don't find a Mr. Linky to link up, though.