Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Friday Frustrations

I'm joining in with Maria @ Conversations with Moms this week for her Friday Frustrations carnival. This is a brand new carnival were you are to express one or many frustrations that you might have. It gives you a great opportunity to vent, and we all know we need that from time to time.

If you would like to join in, click on one of the links and grab the button for your post and then add your blog to Mr. Linky. Maria is a great gal and you can see her in Vlogemotions.


ConversationsWithMoms:Every day Conversations with a Mom Blog

My frustration this week was with my daughter. She just lost one of her front top teeth and the other is about to fall out. Call me soft or whatever you will, but these moments when my little girl is loosing her baby smile really frustrates me.

I know that it is somewhat of a momentous occasion, but I cant help but be sad thus my frustration. I just want her to stay little forever. I was working with her on pulling that tooth tonight and lets just say that I didn't get it done. Nor did I want to. As soon as she looses that second top front tooth her baby smile will be gone forever. I was tearing up just thinking about what I was doing. She was the one that should have been tearing up right? But all I can see as I hold her in my arms is not a little girl that is a bit scared of the possible pain of loosing this tooth, but the grown lady I hold in my arms as I dance with her that last time at her wedding.

So going off to school for the first time, loosing teeth, learning how to swim, scoring her first soccer goal, while I am extremely proud of the young lady she is becoming I am still a bit sad.

This to me is a bit frustrating as I can do NOTHING to stop it.


Love and Prayers,




6 Soldier's saluted this post:

He & Me + 3 said...

Yeah, that stinks. I remember being so frustrated when Actress got her first tooth. I was so sad because I loved that toothless smile and it meant baby was becoming toddler.

One More Equals Four said...

They grow up too fast! My oldest turned twelve in April and I am just stunned--shere did the time go? I know with him, especially we tended to rush milestones. I couldn't wait for him to walk, talk,lose that first tooth...now I want to scream STOP! SLOW DOWN!

Good luck with the teeth...I refused to pull my kids and they continually just fall out while brushing, or in the case of my second son, he lost one just jumping up and down one day...it took 30 minutes of us all crawling around on the floor to find it! ☺

I am Harriet said...

Hey Tim.
I'm living my own teeth nightmare...uurrggghhh.
Just wanted to let you know that I snagged this for sited.

How is the Swine stuff treating you down there?

Come on by and take the comment challenge. Oh- cool- you're my first official comment! YES!

Take care and hugs to you and your family.

Nikki B. said...

ya big baby!!

i'm just jerking your chain. it sucks, i know. we're entering that phase with my BABY! the last time, for all of this.

it's bittersweet. their independence sure takes a load off of my shoulders...but, i know after a little while, i'm gonna miss them needing mom!

Heatherlyn said...

Just give lots of hugs and whenever you feel impatient or too busy just remember how quickly it goes by. I'm a much better mother for remembering these things on a daily basis. And yet still probably not often enough because they just grow up and you can't get it back. My Mom said that she has dreams that she is hugging her little children again. Take as much advantage of the time you have as possible!

My new URL is

http://plantingseedsofhappiness.blogspot.com/

I'm not sure if you have to refollow the blog or just change the URL when you manage the blogs you follow. I hope it's not terribly complicated!

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

I just saw this post. I commented on your post at Sited and Blogged.

I just saw the video of the event. What a cutie.

Thanks again for participating.