Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Im Gonna Puke!

Well I thought I would update you on what has transpired. Not much really to be honest as I don't know anything more than I did before. I had the cat scan this morning, and I thought the Barium (contrast) I had to drink for it was gonna kill me. That stuff was SOOO freakin nasty it was worse than drinking glue.

Now today is a entirely different beast. Not only am I still not able to eat, but I am having to drink some of the most foulest things I have ever put in my mouth. The latest being this lavage solution that taste like straight salt water and just makes be wanna puke even looking at it. It is soo nauseating. I might sound like a big wimp here, but trust me in telling you that this is no fun. Its bad enough having the nausea of drinking it, but I must do so while running off butt clinched to the bathroom every ten minutes to..... well you know.

All of these things as part of the process to prepare my digestive system for the colonoscopy I am to have tomorrow at 11:30am. I will not know anything on the cat scan for another 2 to 3 days, but think I should know something right away after the scope. I just don't think I will be able to remember it for a while. So as soon as I understand what has happened, and can post about the results, you will know.

Thank you so much to all of the Prayer Soldiers and others who have left comments sharing that you are praying for me. They are all very much appreciated.

Love and Prayers,


34 Soldier's saluted this post:

Melissa Miller said...

Oh my goodness Tim you are not a wimp!
Nausea is the WORST!

I am praying very hard for good results for you my friend.

Take Care.
~Melissa :)

Nikki B. said...

good news..bad news.

bad news is that the next 14 hours are gonna SUCK!!! you should just take your pilla and blanket to the pot with you...cuz you're gonna be a frequent flyer.

the good news...you're getting the worst part behind (no pun intended) ya. even though a water house shoved so far up your keister that it almost comes out your ears, sounds very ominous...the colonoscopy is a sinch. you'll be in never never land!!

i had one once...went well, except that i passed out in a whataburger!!

He & Me + 3 said...

So sorry that you have to go through all this. It does not sound like a walk in the park that's for sure. Praying for you friend!
Mimi

Heidi said...

My husband had a colonoscopy (just routine) back in July. It was pretty awful! The procedure itself wasn't too bad and he was so totally out of it and looney tunes for a while after, I doubt he remembers much of anything--even the nasty part you're going through now--if that's any consolation. Hang in there!

Tiffany said...

So good to hear from you but not about your experiences drinking all this exciting stuff! YUK! Not to mention that your trips to the bathroom are increasing in shorter intervals. lol! :) Aww man... I don't wish any of that stuff on ANYONE, especially one of my favorite blog friends!

The Borens are continuing to pray for quick tests and quicker results. Know y'all are being lifted up!!

Tiff

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Continuing to lift you in prayer. You are in mighty hands.

That lemon lime stuff is pretty gross though.

Praying that you can feel the love and prayers during the procedure tomorrow.

Blessings,

Elaine

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I will continue to pray!

Nicole O'Dell said...

Oh my! I missed something...I'm going to have to find out what's going on. You'll be in my prayers!

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Prayers for you, Tim! Hope the rest of that stuff goes down like Dr. Pepper. :)

The Mom Jen said...

Many hugs your way. My hubby has Crohn's and has been in that state many a time for preps and it isn't fun to watch. Hope everything comes out healthy!

Tami said...

Ummm...yea. I forgot to warn you about that nasty stuff. I don't have personal experience with it, but I've HEARD about it. Sounds like you're having the same joyful experience.
We'll keep praying.

Dot O said...

I didn't realize you were having testing. I will keep you in my prayers that all turns out okay, Tim.

amanda said...

continuing to pray!!

The Drama Mama said...

Many prayers coming your way! Praying you are filled with HIS peace tomorrow!

Claremont First Ward said...

The prep for the test doesn't sound like any fun.......hoping the test goes well and you have some good news for us in the next few days! HUGS!

Heatherlyn said...

That sounds so miserable. Thank goodness it's just in prep for a test and not something you have to do forever. You can make it!

Steph said...

Prep for a colonoscopy is not fun. Good luck keeping the Go-Litely or Miralax (whichever one it is) down. Hang in there!

Janice said...

Awww... hugs... im sorry to hear that... I hope you feel better and get better soon...

You'll be okay ;)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I can so sympathize with you, Tim. The prep for this test is absolutely horrible. But the test itself is fine, because you are kind of out of it. Afterwards you will be VERY gasy. They will be taking some biopsies, but they should be able to tell you what they see.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and praying for you.

xox

Lee said...

Worst title EVER for that post.
You freaking scared me!
I was like oh crap, why is he going to puke?
DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!

Unknown said...

Sending prayers your way..

Esther said...

I know from my parents how miserable those colonoscopies are. At least you'll be able to sleep all afternoon tomorrow. You're in my prayers!

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

gosh wear have I been so deep in prazyer for you and mck mama /stellan and audrey tough couple of weeks my father had it and is a suiviover sp :0 any way he made it through with flying colors don't lets us prayer soliders down keep your head up and we all will pray for you and praise him in teh storm . amen .

Danyele Easterhaus said...

been down this path...praying.

Daphine said...

Praying for you, Tim! Hang in there!

Carebear said...

Still thinking of you. Thanks for the update. I feel your pain on the pre-colonscopy nastiness. I actually did puke up the last two portions of laxative I drank before mine. When I reported that to the doctor next morning, she said, yeah that's pretty normal. Ummm... thanks for the warning?! Sorry you have to go through all this, but hopefully it will all be for naught! Praying for a clean bill of health!

Rune said...

We will pray for you.

R and W

The Silver Age Sara said...

I'm just catching up with your blog and I am so sorry to read of your trial. You are in my prayers as you are facing these tests.

lmt1073 said...

Still praying and offering sympathy because I know how the salt water stuff is... I've had that myself... ugh... I hated it. I did not even finish the entire solution... keep us posted.

I am Harriet said...

Wow. What a pain in the a#$.
I've been thinking about you :)

Vicky said...

Will pray for this scary and uncertain time for you. Will be doing a colonoscopy soon myself, purely for a baseline measure because so many of my family members have had colon cancer. Best wishes, I'll be thinking of you!

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

I hate Nausea. My sympathies are with you.

I will be praying that all this will be to prove you're a healthy man.

God Bless.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Kaleena sent me over and boy I'm glad she did. Love your site - sorry for the BLECH stuff you have to drink - been there done that. Praying all turns out well.

From A Creative Heart said...

Just stopping by to let you know that I was thinking about you and your sweet family! Prayers being said for all of you...
Hugs,
Debbie