Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thank YOU!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you who follow Fort Thompson. A few days ago The Fort reached 200 followers. It is with great honor that I am able to call each of you my friends.

I started this blog in January of 2008 I believe, and its sole purpose then was only to provide family with an avenue to be able to see our kids grow up, and keep in touch. In January of this year all of that changed when I decided to start venturing outside my box a bit. I started really trying to learn about all of you as much as I could. It has been such a thrill to laugh with you, cry with you, share fears with you, and as always pray with/or for you. You all have touched our family in so many ways, and I haven't the words to express how refreshing it is to know that you are always there. We have made so many new friends all of which we are sure will last a lifetime.

There has obviously been allot of things going on lately in our land of blog. That being said there have been many opportunities to pray for those in need. I want to thank all of you who have prayed with us, as well as those who have kept them in your thoughts. It has been so touching to hear of your support to these children through prayer, and to see how many of you who have become Prayer Soldiers here at The Fort by posting the prayer button on your site.

So on this day please don't congratulate us here at Fort Thompson, but let us congratulate you. After all you are the reason for this post. If you are reading this and you are a follower, THANK YOU! If you are reading this and your not, you should click follow at the top now and join in the fun. We so would like the chance to get to know you too.

So instead of giving congratulations leave a comment letting us know what it is that you enjoy about The Fort, or what it is that you would like to see more of. What WE would like to see more of will always be YOU!


Our Love and Prayers Always,




    P.S. There is soon to be allot more of the kids posted here as well. So hopefully you enjoy their exploits and all that they do. More on that soon.

    10 Soldier's saluted this post:

    Tami said...

    I just signed up to become one of your 'followers'. I've enjoyed getting to know you through your blog.

    Anonymous said...

    I love how real you are it cracks me up! :) Having someone like you to "follow" makes my day better by reading your blog.

    Also knowing someone that gets that many people to want to pray for anything that may need it is also amazing.

    I am working on my Angels and Miracle post, now that my computer is broken I will have to recreate as I wrote it on another document.

    Loving Fort Thompson
    Blessings,
    Sparkette

    April said...

    Tim~
    I will always be a faithful follower of yours. What do I like about The Fort? Hmmm...there's just so much! If I could sum it up, it would be your thoughtful and caring heart. It just oozes from each one of your posts and comments. It's easy to see that you're a loving and devoted husband, father, and FOLLOWER of Christ. You lift my spirits and make me count my blessings for being your friend! Like Bounty paper towels...you're a real "picker uppper"! :)

    Leah said...

    I mostly just read mommy blogs. It's so refreshing to read a daddy's blog!

    He & Me + 3 said...

    I think it is neat having a man in the mix...:)
    Leah stole my thought. Ugh.
    I really didn't read her comment first.
    Thanks for the laughs, the updates on prayer requests and for your great comments.
    Mimi

    Lee said...

    I really enjoy the stories about your kids and your family. It's always really funny hearing what your daughter says. :)

    Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

    You definitely deserve the honor. You put a lot of heart into your post.

    Mocha Dad said...

    I love the interaction between you and your family. Isn't it great to be a dad?

    The Lowells said...

    Love what you've done with the blog...great job! Although I don't often have a chance to leave you a comment, I do stop by often! Keep up the great work!!!

    Heatherlyn said...

    I like it. It's straight forward and upbeat and real. I always like blogs that show real people and a little bit of what's happening in their life.