Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mr. Thompson your results show you have......

A hemorrhoid.

And the crowd goes wild!!!!!! Praise God for answered prayers for tonight we celebrate.

Yes, NO colon cancer. The cause for concern was only a hemorrhoid as the rest of my colon was free and clear of cancer as well as polyps for that matter.

I am home now and couldn't be feeling any better.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts and prayers during this little scare of ours. I don't even have the words to express my gratitude to all of you (many who I don't even know but will learn of you) who have left your kind uplifting comments for me and my family. I can also never say enough to all of the Prayer Soldiers out there who have prayed for me during this time.

If you too would like to be a Prayer Soldier just grab the button from the left sidebar and post it to your blog. Then watch The Fort for prayer request as well as updates to existing prayer requests. You can also email us your own request and they will be posted here as well. Many of these request can also be found on Sited and Blogged which is the social networking site I write and edit for. Those requests are posted there on Mondays.

Again, thanks to all of you who kept us in your thoughts and prayers.

Love and Prayers,

54 Soldier's saluted this post:

Erin said...

While hemorrhoids are no fun, I'm sure glad it wasn't cancer! And now you know, instead of just wondering. Whew!

Steph said...

Who would have ever thought a hemorrhoid would be such a wonderful thing! Yay for you!

lmt1073 said...

Amen and hallelujiah!! did i spell that right?? lol...

I know the relief you and your family must feel at this moment!

Heidi said...

Phew! What a relief!

Anonymous said...

When can we thank God for a hemorrhoid??? When its not cancer! hehehe! Wow...what great news! Hope you get well super fast!
~A

Dot O said...

Thank goodness!! While hemorrhoids truly are a pain in the butt (got to enjoy them when pregnant), they are very treatable!!!

Great news!

Robynn's Ravings said...

Kaleena, did you read this? We are praying for the SAME outcome for you...minus the hemmorhoid. Drs. are so frequently wrong. Yay!

Amy B said...

Can I just say..woo hoo...you have a hemorrhoid. Okay that sounded plain odd..huh? But I am so happy that all is okay. I know you were worried and to be honest I was worried for you.
Now..you know ...I hope you have a blessed Easter.

Melissa Miller said...

WOOOHOOO!
I'm so happy for you Tim!

Have a blessed Easter celebration.
~Melissa :)

Misty Rice said...

I started laughing too. Who would have thought? Well I know enough about those suckers than Id like to admit.

So are they going to treat it externally or will you have to go in for surgery?

Praise God for him blessing you with a hemorrhoid. LOL

God Bless.

Unknown said...

Yay!! God is good. Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Woo~hoo!!!Take care of that thing now...glad all is well!

Jaysi said...

Wow!! I never thought I would be so excited to hear about a hemorrhoid! That is AWESOME!!! So happy for you. God rocks!

He & Me + 3 said...

Thank the Lord. Couldn't be more happy for you and your family!

The Fitness Diva said...

Well, God bless ya, I am happy to hear your good news! :)
Good for you!

The Mom Jen said...

Thank goodness it wasn't the C word!

Mama SeWELL said...

Yea! So glad it wasnt anything serious! Not that a hemorrhoid is so great & wonderful but its alot easier to deal with than the other. Such a blessing on your heart and mind I know. :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Tim,

You crack me up...."and the crowd goes wild" hahahahaa.

So glad it was a hemorrhoid and not big ole polyps or cancer!!

I agree with Stephanie...Who would have ever thought a hemorrhoid would be such a wonderful thing and considered a blessing!! Love it!!

Wish you and your family a Glorious Easter Weekend!!

Much Respect,
Coach Marla

Tami said...

YEA!!!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Praise the Lord. What a big relief for you and your family. Have a great night.

Jo said...

Glad you are going to be fine!! I love having you as a bloggy buddy!

Lee said...

Yay, that's great news! I'm so happy for you, and the relief you must be feeling!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Praise the Lord! A hemorrhoid!

What a pain the butt, huh? :)

sorry...couldn't resist.

Court

Esther said...

Who knew hemorrhoids could be an answer to prayer! It just goes to show you, you can never expect what God has in plan for you. Praise Him!

Kim said...

Forgive me for laughing Tim, but the same thing happened to me. I ended up in the ER thinking I was all but dying, and in walks the cutest most handsome of all ER doctors to tell me (after thorough review) that yes, I too, had a hemorrhoid. Relieved, yes. Embarrassed, you betcha.
Glad you're okay my friend :)

Pam said...

Tim,
I have been blog absent for a good week and am just now seeing what's been happening with you. So sorry BUT so glad to hear that it's virtually nothing in the grand scheme of things.

It really stinks though that you had to go through all of those tests! But at least you know now that all is well. Thank the Lord!

Pam

Kaleena said...

Yes, Robynn, I'm reading this!
Oh Tim, I am so relieved that it was not cancer! You have been so very blessed with a good outcome on this. While I know that having the "other issue" is not fun, it is much better than having to face the alternative. I only hope that I am as blessed as you were today-when I have my MRI and face the results. Praise God!

Kristens Creations said...

Praise the Lord! Just a hemoroid. I know you're relieved, I sure am! I bet you sleep good tonight!Kristen

Jill @ Sneaky Momma said...

Yeah! I'll bet you were so much more happier than you ever thought you'd to learn that you've got a hemorrhoid! :)

Lauren said...

YAY!!!! I'm so glad it was nothing serious!! God is good :)

Jennifer said...

Thank God! I am so very glad you are well.

Liz said...

Hurray for the hemorrhoid! Seriously very glad you are okay and for answered prayer.

Unknown said...

I am so very, very thankful for this wonderful news! God bless!

Rune said...

I am so happy to hear that. God bless you


Rune

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

All that stress for a hemorrhoid. I bet you never though you'd be glad to get one of those.

God Bless you. I am truly happy about your news.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Oh yeah!!! I was praying it would be nothing!!! I will inform my mom and dad also. I know they prayed on Monday night!!! =) Sooooo Glad that is was "H" and Not "C"!!!

PTL!!!

BK said...

Glad that it was not what you thought it is. Wishing goodness in all areas of your life.

Nicole O'Dell said...

You just don't get to hear this kind of story on a woman's blog. Thanks for mixing it up a little for us!!!

I'm soooo, sooooo glad that that's all it was! Thank you God!

LeAnna said...

Praise GOD!! I know you are super excited to hear that. I mean, not to say that you wanted or are excited about hemorrhoids or anything, but its definitely better than cancer! Glad to hear the good news.

Jude said...

I certainly don't wish a hemorrhoid on you, but it's certainly better than colon cancer. My Bill suffers from them and he swears up and down that God will not heal a hemorrhoid because when Oral Roberts asked everyone afflicted to touch the tv screen while he prayed and they would be healed by claiming it, he was not. I'm very happy for ya, but I hope you don't have as much misery as Bill does with those roids and he has tried everything.

Claremont First Ward said...

Yahoo for no cancer. :)

Happy Easter!

Heatherlyn said...

All those tests to diagnose a hemroid! Thank goodness!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful Friday!

Kameron said...

Ha, I told ya! My least favorite part had to be the drinks and the aftermath of those drinks too. I'm glad, like me, they scared ya for nothing. :o)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Prayers answered!! I am smiling for you. Have a great weekend:)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the good news!

diane said...

Yay!!!!!!!!! :-)

Daphine said...

Praise the Lord...for He is GOOD! I am so glad to read this!

Happy Easter to you and your precious family!

Carebear said...

Offering up prayers of thanksgiving for you tonight! So glad it was just a scare. Have a Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

That calls for a drink; bottoms up!

Veronica Lee said...

Happy Easter, Tim!

One Creative Queen said...

Thank goodness!! That is great news, Tim - I'm thrilled for you! (Even tho hemorrhoids are a pain in the...well...butt! lol)

Happy Easter to you guys - you have so many reasons to celebrate today. Enjoy the day with your family - and praise God for the great news! xx

Tiffany said...

Hahaha!! Most certainly celebrating with you, Tim! And laughing my tail off, too! That's great news. What a thing to be grateful for, eh? :) Love y'all and so happy to hear about your day celebrating Easter with the family, too.

Anonymous said...

Only YOU Tim, only you...
Praise the Lord...a pain in the butt hemorroid for Mr. Thompson!!!

Stephanie said...

Thank the lord for answered prayers. I was sooooooooooo relieved to read this post! Thanks for keeping us posted and I am so glad to hear you doing well. Take care and god bless!