Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Heart Faces - My Friend and I

Here is my entry for this weeks photo contest at I Heart Faces. The theme for this week is my friend and I. I know it may not be what some may consider friends, but for a two year old mommy is the only friend they've got. It didn't say who their friend had to be. It said "your child and their friend. So this is my child and his friend. To me this shot captures the true love between a mother and son, who will always be best of friends. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.



Make sure you get on over to I heart faces and enter this contest, and if anything just look at all the entries. You will not be disappointed.



By the way, you think kissing with our eyes closed is just programmed in us? How does one know to do that? Have you ever tried not too? I have and its hard to impossible. Leave your comments on this image and what you think about the eyes in kissing thing. I wanna know.

Love and Prayers,


29 Soldier's saluted this post:

Jazzy said...

Such a lovely photo, looks great in B&W

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Tim- I love love love this photo!!! It is amazing....Good luck this week, you derserve it!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have that picture blown up and framed in your house. That is too beautiful, of both of them. That Will is such a pretty little man. Hope you don't mind me calling him pretty, but he is!!!!!

Great picture!!

Anonymous said...

This is a very sweet picture!

Jo said...

Awesome shot! I wondered when you were going to jump back into the frey! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Even with a surprise kiss with your eyes open, you automatically close them. This picture is beautiful. And you are right, at 2 years old, Mommmy is your best friend.

Heatherlyn said...

That is a very cute picture.

Sometimes I open my eyes when I kiss my husband. But only for a moment. I think it is uncomfortable to be so close to something and have our eyes open. Maybe?

Tami said...

Beautiful picture! :)
(How are you doing?)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

It is adorable. Nothing like the love of Mother and Son.

Through My Own Lens said...

What a super sweet photo! Love the B&W and the crop too! Nice job!

Unknown said...

Great picture, Tim! I CAN kiss with my eyes open, but it's not very ENJOYABLE! ;)

.:: WMP ::. said...

Love this picture - its absolutely adorable!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Precious. Just precious.

Praying for you and your family. Lots. and Lots. and then some more. :)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Gorgeous picture. I hope it is framed somewhere in your home.

I think it is some instinct that tells us to close our eyes while kissing someone.

He & Me + 3 said...

Gorgeous capture. I am loving the sweet expression your son has. So cute. I haven't thought about the whole eyes closed thing. I guess it is hard to keep them open.

Amanda said...

This picture is just precious... love those crazy curls...

As far as kissing... I think it is natural to close your eyes!

God bless-
Amanda

Rachel said...

Yes, seriously - that picture should be framed! I love their profiles and the tender moment.

And too funny - my husband and I were just talking about the kissing with eyes open thing...

Unknown said...

Too adorable for words!

Unknown said...

What a great photo! My grandma always said that a person who kisses you with their eyes open can't be trusted..

Esther said...

That picture is precious!

I heard once that when you shut down one of your senses, the other senses are much stronger. I've always thought we close our eyes so we can savor that kiss and really take it in.
Or maybe we do it not to see the boogers in the other person's nose...

Unknown said...

Sweet sweet moment!

Mrs. McFadden said...

I think you captured this weeks theme to a T! Mommies make the best of friends, just ask my 4 year old! :0) Great entry!

Katherine said...

What a perfect picture! I think you're right - this photo does embody friendship - as well as love, caring, trust, and a host of other emotions. It is so pure. I love it.

I also agree with you about the whole eye thing - it takes a lot of conscious thought to keep your eyes open...and even then, it's difficult! I tried this while sending my kids off to school this morning - and sure enough, my eyes closed all 3 times I kissed them goodbye. Strange!

Thanks for the uplift - you are responsible for a lot of those. I wonder if you know just how many lives you touch and brighten. :)

Dot O said...

That photo is beautiful!!! What an entry. Regarding he eye closed/open kissing thing - well I think we do it with eyes closed because they would cross if we kept them open...right??

Not sure, I'll have to try it out and get back to ya!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

This is such a GREAT photo! Really beautiful!

I can kiss with my eyes open, but a kiss is not to see, it is to feel and to get wrapped up in. So closing our eyes blocks out distractions and lets us feel it!! :)

Daphine said...

I love it! This is just precious!!!

Leah said...

baby kisses, can't resist them!

Kameron said...

Cute photo and I love the curls!! I think it makes you cross eyed to kiss with your eyes open!! It is probably ingrained in our DNA to close 'em!

Tiffany said...

Smoochies for mommies! Yes, that is delightfully perfect for "my friend and I"! Good stuff, Tim.

Still praying for you, bro. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. I'm here for you.

Tiff