Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Your Gonna Flip Contest!

Ok. Here it is. The moment you have all been waiting for. The contest to name our new little boy puppy has been going so well I'm raising the bar. I had mentioned that the winner would get some kind of surprise. Well now I'm gonna let you in on what it is. Drum roll please....................................................................................................................................................................................................



It's a Pure Digital Technology Video Flip Camera!!! I have one and love it. It shoots great quality video and has a flip out USB connection so that it plugs right into your computer. The files are also automatically compressed so that they upload fast into websites like blogger! Nothing is better than fast uploading video for your blog.



All you have to do is suggest names for our new puppy. You can enter as many names as you like. You have 50 ideas and want to enter 50 times? Leave 50 comments each with a different name. That just raises the odds for you, and of course gives us more to choose from. So get to thinking because you might just be the next blogger to add video easily to your blog.



So make sure you enter as much as you like so that you increase your chances of winning this great prize! The winner will be determined by 1. We choose your name for our dog, or 2. We choose something that wasn't recommended at which time all of Fort Thompson will vote on our favorite of your choices.

I will give you one little hint. We are looking for something short, no more than two syllables. Also we would like it to have some meaning or likeness to things we like or know. You have already given us many great suggestions. If your idea is going to be in the final vote, I will send you an email stating that your entry just got moved to the top of the class. This doesn't mean it will win, but it for sure will increase your chances as your name will have made the initial cut.

Leave your comments or entries here on this post.

Good Luck to all. Now let's see a record number of entries for this camera! It will really help us in finding a name for our new pooch!

Love and Prayers,


48 Soldier's saluted this post:

Elyse said...

Okay...this may be a little different...but what about Army?
~Elyse~

April said...

Wowza, Tim...that is some kind of prize you're giving away! I'm flipping all over the place! LOL! I'm off to put my thinking cap back on!

Nicole O'Dell said...

How about Camo (as in camoflage)?

Nicole O'Dell said...

Ranger

Nicole O'Dell said...

This isn't the kind of puppy that runs free too much, but I've always said if I had a big dog, I'd name him Taxi. Can you see me running through my neighborhood yelling, "Taxi! Taxi!" They'd think I'd lost my mind!

Misty Rice said...

Okay I have to give my names because I have a lot to do and can't read everyones....

although my first two names I see have already been mentioned.

Ranger and Trooper!!!

So my other likes that I thought of are...

Bruce

Duke

Sam - (I like this one because it flow more with your families names Tim, Will, Taylor etc.) vs. your blog theme.

Goose (Top Gun)

Maverick (Top Gun)

Raider

AND "COWBOY" for Dallas Cowboys since I know how much you guys love your COWBOYS.

or "DALLAS"

Im loving these names A LOT

I am sure you will pick a great one, but I love to name babies and animals and WIN prizes.

God Bless..

Romo (for the quaterback)

Tiffany said...

Well, well, WELL! That's one amazing prize!!! I'll have to stick with Benny. He's just so cute and those "Hoaah" Army names just don't suit him. Believe me, we're in the Army so I should know! HaHA!!

Tiffany said...

Okay, I do have another one,
Scout.

Tiffany said...

Alrighty, thought of another one...
Roamy, Roamie... since it looks like he's going to be doing lots of that around your place and it gives reference to your fav QB!!

He & Me + 3 said...

I have just a few...

Gunner
Gunther
Hunter
Shorty
Nitro
Hedger
Krypton
Samson
Fender

Can you tell I have never owned a dog? LOL
Just thought I would throw those out there:)

April said...

WHAT A PRIZE! I'M STILL LOVING MY FIRST PICKS.....SCRUFFY AND GIGGLES.....BUT MY VOTE IS FOR MISTY'S CHOICE.....ROMO....IT'S PERFECT! I HOPE SHE WINS!

Trina said...

What an adorable little puppy!!! You guys are so lucky. For a name, how about "Pooter"?

Claremont First Ward said...

WOw, TIm, incredible contest prize. I'm not reading the other suggestions cuz I'm sure mine will already be there and I don't want to see it if it is. So, here goes.

Sergeant.

I probably spelled it wrong too. :)

LeAnna said...

WOW! What a prize!! I already entered a few, but I think I will go enter more! YAY! Hope I win!

TidyMom said...

Ok, I entered in the other thread, but I have another one for you - it's the name of one of our other dogs

Tag

it's actually short for Tagalong, because we got him when Girl Scout cookies were out and Tagalongs are my family's fav GS cookie! LOL

But we call him Tag - I think that would be a good name for your little guy!!

~TidyMom

Tami said...

I wanted to let you know I blogged about your contest on my review/contest/otherstuff blog --> http://bullfrogsandladybugs.blogspot.com
Hopefully it will bring in a few more suggestions.

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Well..I have a couple that might do the trick. I have been known to name a couple of boats and a dog or 2 in my day...so, here we go....

1. Trooper

2. SARGE

3. Madden (only if you like football but someone suggest

4. Boofer (that is for the tooting side of the family)


Now...onto the contest of ME winning.....=)
Good luck naming that cute little SARGE!

Jo said...

Ok here I go again:

Barnum - as in the circus

Shooter - as in photography

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

I may be back a few times LOL Awesome Giveaway!!!

I think he looks like a Peanut Brittle!

Brody
Cody
Bailey
Buddy
Buster
Sparky
Max
Bear
Gizmo
Oliver
Chance

Carebear said...

Wow - great prize Tim!!! I just read through the name suggestions over at your original post (yep, all 384 of them!!!!) and all the ones I've thought of have been suggested already! And there are some cute ones I hadn't considered. Now, I've got to think of something really special so I can win that videocamera, LOL!

Rebecca said...

How about Scrooby? Scrooby was the place the pilgrims lived in before they departed for the New World.

Jen said...

I think Tiffany's name is adorable: Scout. Hmmm. I'll have to keep thinking of one so that I can enter.

Jen

Jo said...

I really am done after this because I am turning off the computer and going to bed!!!

Amigo
Blogger
Alpha
Tommy

Good night to all and to all a good night!

Unknown said...

I think Reagan would fit him well!

Unknown said...

or Lincoln...

Unknown said...

or how about Obo...

Unknown said...

Obi...

Unknown said...

Tanner...

Unknown said...

Ohhhh ~ Thor...now that's tough!

Unknown said...

Have I said Sullivan...Sully

Unknown said...

Machiato...as in Starbuck's carmel macchiato...

Unknown said...

Duncan...as in donuts!

Unknown said...

Racer...

Unknown said...

Doug

Unknown said...

I would love that flip...oh how about Connor...

Unknown said...

Cedar!

Unknown said...

Okay I'm going to bed...oh there's one...how about Starry!

Jo said...

Last 2 names, my brain is shot! LOL!

Toot
Puddle

Can you tell I watch kids shows?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Not to mention for the fan to add to my collection!

Can't wait to see what name the puppy gets!

The Zoo Keeper said...

How about...
Monson

The Zoo Keeper said...

Banner ( as in the good Ol' Star Spangled Banner)??

The Zoo Keeper said...

Sniper

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Midnight..
Ops...

Still trying to go with something that is cute and adorable for that little dog so I am getting a little lost...but my final...final is....

Rashon (did I spell that right)...My dad used to Rashon himself in the field so that one came to mind...=)

DEBIJOT said...

How's Scuffy?

andrea v said...

looks like a sammy

andrea v said...

flash

andrea v said...

otis

Brandi said...

Beret (as in Green Berets!)

Rifle

Bert (my son says is a good name)

Bob (he also adores Bob the Builder)

Skipper

Cad (cadet shortened)

Creed

Tour

Chap (chaplain)

Reveille

Okay that's it for me.